Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• For the third day in a row I spent an hour trying different combinations of players and moves trying to get through nodes eleven and twelve. For the third day in a row I was unsuccessful. That's not "challenging". That's not "difficult". That's not enjoyable. That's sending a clear message that attempting to beat GW is a complete waste of time some days. Better to just suicide in autoplay, hope I get lucky, and move on with my day.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    So,
    Yesterday I took my Cad Bane from..
    5* G5
    to
    7* G8.

Today my GW was stupid hard lol. Harder than its ever been for me. Barely beat node 12. I sacrificed 2 teams of my best toons and got my opponent down to just old ben left.
    . With some lower lvl toons I luckily had left and 46 dodges later I somehow won. It was a very rewarding feeling lol.

Cad Bane is what makes GW hard.

Lol, but seriously i wish I understood exactly what affects GW difficulty, but t'is a mystery to me.

Much love,
    Mullato.
  • That its suppose to be hard okay, but its more like impossible now!
    Just before the mods came out it was actually quite all right. Quite challenging, but doable. Sometimes I had to reset, most of the times I was just able the compleet it and a few times not. It was fun, challenging, so good.
    When the mods came out, at first it was quite easy, I had good mods opponents didnot but than the new update came out, mods became significantly worse. And for some reason Gw became impossible! Most of my chars are gear 8, got 3 gear 9. But quite some battles I have to face are gear lvl 11-12 full team! With a massive Rey who hits over 30k!!! In combination (90% of the time) with a massive royal guard, geonosian soldier, Qgj (for even doing more massive attacks) and luminara or dooku (Who still had the counter bug of countering like 4/5 times! Which is terrible!) Today it was a counter of arround 5k damage times 4-5 times in combination with an already 30K+ hitting Rey a taunting RG and a over 30k dual strike from Qgj + geonician soldier its a Nightmare everyday again! If it was sometimes okay but its really almost everyday! Its like ea wants to say spend money on upgrades than you are able to beat them...
  • Everyday I get closer and closer to hitting uninstall. This company doesn't give a **** about its players. If it did it would have an answer to all these posts. You guys still in London cause it still feels like no ones here.
  • @
    Mullato wrote: »

Lol, but seriously i wish I understood exactly what affects GW difficulty, but t'is a mystery to me.

If I am not mistaken your highest arena power is base of calculations.
    Then node 12 is 115% of your power, node 11 is 110% and so on.

That is why at some point (around 36k arena power from my own experience) 115% out of that will roll over counter (as in go over max, start from scratch due to no overload flag) - resulting in node 12 being 3* toons totaling to some lousy power - autoplay for team of any chars lv 60+ I got, taking team that just beat node 11 is no single turn taken by enemy - 1hit KO all of them.
  • Kojih
    40 posts Member
    I hate doing Galact Wars,
    Irs so dificult to complete... After 3 or 4 battles just came strong teams lvl 80.
    You need to waste a lot of time playing snd reseting the batle to complete..

I think a game you need to enjoy.. Not get angry because you cant complete the things...

Im starting to think about stop playing the game.. Because i and many people just cant have fun..

I eould like to have to just use tickets to avoid these stupid near impossible batles...
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    You don't need to be a whale to be max gear, raids have been out since April. That's plenty of time to max out your A and B team.

You know the rewards are random, right? If furnaces do not drop, there is little chance to max gear two teams, or even one.
  • Thank you EA.

Everytime I plan to spend some money on the game, I face some mega-whale 38-40k team at node 12 and quickly change my mind. So thank you for giving me reasons to save my money and invest it elsewhere.

You want this game only for whales?, great, your strategy is the correct one. But don't expect me to spend money on it anymore.

And one last thing... community feedback?, yes, I mean, just if it doesn't interfere with your bussines strategy (described above).
  • EA this message goes directly to you...obviously you need to fix Galatic War honeslty I'd rather you get rid of it all together and find us a new not annoying un enjoying time stealing activity to earn such things we need. Cus I'm ready to quit and Iv spent good money on this game in support and hopes to help you make a better game. In which case Iv been let down time and time again It's far to impossible you've made it impossible not hard there is a difference. If you want to make more money which come on your EA make it easier or get rid of it. Clearly I speak for everyone when I say this stop trying to make a quick buck your EA you have tons of billion dollar franchises your not going anywhere and you'll never lose money from an ap there's only gains there if you've wondered why sales are dropping you can thank your mods and gw for it
  • I am tired of this GW node 12 every day. The teams are so insane that they hit for 7-9K each on just their basics. They literally kill at least 1 toon every turn. I can maybe take out 1 person and 1/2 of another with my best squad, and that's even with TM advantage and full protection saved for node 12. Strategy doesn't overcome mathematical impossibility.

I have spent a good amount of money, more than I spend on buying games or gaming in the past on any one game. So I should be able to enjoy playing. I have a decent amount of depth.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DIFFICULTY. I am fine losing a bunch of my characters to complete GW. I am fine with having to manually fight each battle. But there needs to be a realm of possibility in completing GW.

However, I shouldn't have to face a top arena team at the end of GW. I can't even beat those teams in the arena. At this point I can accept that top teams get green geared nodes 11 and 12. Just make it so I can complete it too. This last node difficulty is beyond possible.

I can tell you that even the developers who created this game wouldn't be able to beat the Node 12 teams I am seeing with my roster, which is NOT that weak. The Mods are insane. All 5 opponents have +speed, + potency, max HP and protection. It's not mathematically possible to defeat that squad with my squad/squads.

There needs to be a fix to your GW tables so that certain power groups aren't getting completely screwed while low level guys can easily do it on auto and top teams only have to complete 10 Nodes max to complete 12 with the freebies they get.

Either make it so they can't complete it too, or make it so I can as well. After the last 6 weeks of GW failures, I deserve to complete it when I PAY MONEY to do so. If you want to make free players extremely hard, then do that, but I PAID MONEY, i expect to have an enjoyable game experience for the money I spent. GW is NOT enjoyable in it's current state.

Fix it.
    THEN, and only THEN will I spend any more Money.
  • +1
  • Completely agree with you! it's kinda stupid that it's still based on 115% of your power... since power stat is compleet nonsense after the last update, quite some chars lower than before and slower to raise. Better base it on general lvl of chars and gear/mods ;)
  • Can we update the gem reward choices for GW?
  • Mullato wrote: »

@Mullato See this discussion: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58770/deconstructing-the-galactic-war-power-curve-a-detailed-look

• thecr0w wrote: »
    @
    Mullato wrote: »

If I am not mistaken your highest arena power is base of calculations.
    Then node 12 is 115% of your power, node 11 is 110% and so on.

I think that's right... atleast it was arround 115% for me but that's crap since the mode update the power stats changed, which is porbably causing all the problems since i didn't have it before the update.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    I've gotten Stuart Greenback and his cousins on node 12 5 days in a row now.
  • you are like # a billion who writes about this... and they dont care, its working as it should. i was spending like 300 usd a month, after mods and GW difficulty upgrade... they are getting 0 from me, i know this are cents for them.
    I can complete the GW but it takes a lot of time, im slowly giving up on this game. why does a game has to take nearly 2 hours of your day in order to be competitive, people who spends money here needs to produce it from the work or somewhere else, eventualy they will get tired of investing 2 hours a day on this.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    7-9k on basic is not a lot... whats your lvl/power ?
  • Im 35K+ power. But when 5 toons all hit a character for 8-9K or more with crits, that character dies. While I do have mods on my best team, they aren't the best mods. None of my chars have 75K Health/protection. By the time my squad can defeat 1 opponent toon, I have already lost at least 2-3 toons, and the 2 that are left are limping.

They must not understand that the higher the Power numbers grow, the more damage they do and the less damage they take.

I don't even have a gear 11 toon, yet I face at least 3 of them on Node 12 and node 11, all with full mods.
    The gap between those chars and mine is substantial. 2 gear levels is a major thing.

I was buying crystals to improve my chars and buy raid gear to upgrade my guys, but since GW is now a 2 hour anger-management-inducing un-enjoyable mess, i have no desire to give any more money to these guys. This game is supposed to be enjoyable.

One does not pay money to not enjoy doing something.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    As bad as it sounds, you need to get your top 5 guys stronger. Not your main squad but simply your top 5 guys. Once you can get them over 38k, the last node will be a generic 3* one. It's sort of how once you get rich and famous people start handing you stuff for free.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Yudoka wrote: »
    As bad as it sounds, you need to get your top 5 guys stronger. Not your main squad but simply your top 5 guys. Once you can get them over 38k, the last node will be a generic 3* one. It's sort of how once you get rich and famous people start handing you stuff for free.

This is true but you will still face a top arena team (not in node 12 but 11).
  • Yudoka wrote: »

This is too funny.
  • I 100 % agree. It's either very beatable or just plain out impossible. Why cannot they just make it so you will not face any team that is better than your own at top power. That seems fair. If not then maybe 1 gear level higher, not 3
  • Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    you are like # a billion who writes about this... and they dont care, its working as it should. i was spending like 300 usd a month, after mods and GW difficulty upgrade... they are getting 0 from me, i know this are cents for them.
    I can complete the GW but it takes a lot of time, im slowly giving up on this game. why does a game has to take nearly 2 hours of your day in order to be competitive, people who spends money here needs to produce it from the work or somewhere else, eventualy they will get tired of investing 2 hours a day on this.

I finished GW today with Asajj Lead, Daka, IG88 / 86 & JE... One retreat, took me 20 mins tops including levelling up some mods and hitting arena....

All F2P, all in trash gear and L6 - 9 mods (admittedly L6/7 skills)
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    I 100 % agree. It's either very beatable or just plain out impossible. Why cannot they just make it so you will not face any team that is better than your own at top power. That seems fair. If not then maybe 1 gear level higher, not 3

In recent dev notes he noted that an upcoming patch will scale back GW a bit. Apparently they never readjusted the GW after they made that quick mod nerf so it's been harder than intended.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Devs say GW is working as intended and the superfans of this game will tell you "GW was never meant to be a walk in the park." Which is disingenuous at best. I used to beat GW nearly dailly. It wasn't a walk in the park and I got to try out different toons and team makeups against others. This "working as intended" build where one team can wipe all 40+ of my toons that not a challenge. It is a shut down. I haven't beat it once since the change.

I have spent over $250 on this game and it's the devs telling me "Hey man I need more money from you.If you don't like it go play a game that cost $5. Otherwise a few hundred more please." Superfans again will laugh and defend this. They can literally do no wrong in this sub.

• GW shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes, and should be able to be completed at a 80% clip in that timeframe.

I don't think people are asking for it to be a cake-walk. I think people just want a realistic chance at beating it, specifically since the last 2 nodes have the highest payout, in credits, training droids, mats, and GW coins(400 of them on last node alone). I mean after sinking 1.5 hours into GW expecting to complete it makes total sense. That means people are working hard, retreating and working different strats. Yet they get to the end, and well, too bad, not today.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Naw wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    You don't need to be a whale to be max gear, raids have been out since April. That's plenty of time to max out your A and B team.

You know the rewards are random, right? If furnaces do not drop, there is little chance to max gear two teams, or even one.

That's why raid gear is available in shipments, save up those 1400/1615 crystals and buy a furnace when it shows up. You've had since April to use that method of obtaining raid gear so RNG is not an excuse anymore
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I finish gw everyday in 20mn. have finished from day one and never had any troble. I only have about 15 lvl 80 gear-8 toons.
    My guess is since i have a lower power rating (about 32.5k) than my competitors in the arena (averange 37-38k) that must be it.
  • I so love fully modded teams at node 6 in G10/11. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.