Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Thanks for consistently ruining my experience with GW! Thanks for constantly changing the difficulty and making it impossible for me to finish! Thanks for making Rey be flipping invincible, taking three squads just to remove her energy, while she one shots everyone with her special attack! You guys are so good at creating a fun and engaging experience! Great job!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    You don't need to be a whale to be max gear, raids have been out since April. That's plenty of time to max out your A and B team.

You know the rewards are random, right? If furnaces do not drop, there is little chance to max gear two teams, or even one.

That's why raid gear is available in shipments, save up those 1400/1615 crystals and buy a furnace when it shows up. You've had since April to use that method of obtaining raid gear so RNG is not an excuse anymore

There are not enough coins to launch a raid every day. Additionally the guild activity plus raid reward is not enough to give you 1600 coins. That is five furnaces only. All characters need a few hundred of those. Add the need to buy character shards for the obvious reason and your message doesn't make any sense.

Yes, in a vacuum without any other needs you could buy five furnaces every two days and in some days twice, but the rest of us have other needs also for the coins.

Crystals are better spent on cantina refresh.
  • As an addendum to my last post, I also want to say thank you for halting my progress in collecting all of my favorite characters, by forcing me to grind for parts to upgrade my existing characters instead! That's so much better than allowing me to stay competitive at the level my characters are at, with other people who are also at that level! Why would I want to expand my roster, collecting all my favorite characters, and spend any time farming shards in Cantina battles, when I can spend all of my Cantina energy on awesome mods!? Oh, and did I mention how awesome mods are?? I can't begin to describe my elation with regards to the entire modding system! By constantly adding events where i have to have new characters at crazy high levels, and new mechanics like modding, you keep me guessing as to where to apply my meager energy reserves. Thanks again EA!! Keep up the great work! I haven't even renewed my crystal subscription this go around (after five subs in a row) because of all the great improvements you've made! Keep up the great work, EA!
  • Figured since I get to do GW twice today (thanks guild activity!), I'll post twice letting you know how much I absolutely hate GW. Completely and utterly hate it.
  • I am a level 77 player, pretty average I think. I have been playing 3-4 months and buy the 21 day crystal subscription. I have 36 characters unlocked but only invested deeply in 12 of them. I am arena competitive but never number 1 (more like top 20).

I loved this game. GW was my favorite part. Now I hate GW and this game is breaking my heart. GW used to be a really fun exercise in what combination of toons I should use to beat challenging teams. Now it is "who should I sub on this next retreat to get better dodge/stun/TM RNG?" Or, "which of my trash characters should I sacrifice so enemy Rey will burn her special?"

The 12 characters I have include Rey, QGJ, GS, Leia, Lumi, RG, Ackbar, Teebo, Phasma, Daka, Dooku and Lando. I am working on others but each one has a purpose and some synergy with others. I have tried to diversify: 10 are gear 8 and 2 are gear 9. All have at least some mods.

But seriously. My node 12 3 days ago was G10s and G11s: 86, 88, 100, HK(L) and JE. Yesterday it was more G10s and G11s: Anakin(L), Lumi, Poggle, 86 and QGJ. Anakin could one-shot 3 or 4 of my guys with Reckless Assault. I have never seen an AOE hit that hard!

I know people face tougher teams, but there is no way an average roster can finish these fights without gaming the system. Gaming the system is not fun. And I have seen the video of the "Droids in 15 minutes" guy. Most of us do not have level 80 full omega/modded G10/11 droids. It would take me months to get there with no guarantee my investment will even be viable.

It has gotten to the point that I really do not even like new character releases because I have no idea where this game is going. And I cannot keep diversifying my roster without credits from GW. I bought gems in a different game today. I really miss my love for this game.
  • Last couple of days I've been getting toons with only green or blue gear for node 11 and 12... I have 2 hard nodes and 2 medium-ish nodes. None are amazingly hard though. I complete it in about 20 mins with about 11 or so characters at max
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Its hard on nodes 11 and 12 (sometimes 9) but thats the point

Do i finish everyday..... no
    Do i finish most days.... yes

Today node 12 was fully modded and gear 10/11.. old ben/rey/anakin/qcg/sth... when i first saw the team i didnt even bother trying but then thought i would give it atleast one go... i did it (actually easier than i ever expected it to be) i did get some lucky rng i admit that.. but anakin took my whole team to red twice with his ae.. but i still did it and with one team where yesterday i had lvl 40s finishing off phasma as went through so much of my roster...

And to be honest the feeling i got of beating such a difficult team like that on gw makes it so worth it... feeling of accomplishment of beating gw is what it should be
  • Lillegre wrote: »
    I finished GW today with Asajj Lead, Daka, IG88 / 86 & JE... One retreat, took me 20 mins tops including levelling up some mods and hitting arena....

All F2P, all in trash gear and L6 - 9 mods (admittedly L6/7 skills)
    GW is always easier when you field a trash squad and aren't very good. Let us know how it is when you're at the top of your arena.
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    Why cannot they just make it so you will not face any team that is better than your own at top power. That seems fair. If not then maybe 1 gear level higher, not 3
    You have a massive TM advantage, and basically all of your characters get a turn before the opponent gets one. Having the most difficult opponent be the same power as you would make GW a cake-walk.

I suspect you aren't pre-charging the TM of your secondary squads, which will make it more difficult to swap in alternate characters and/or your secondary squad after your first team has been killed.
  • Juan_Pablo
    96 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Lillegre wrote: »
    Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    you are like # a billion who writes about this... and they dont care, its working as it should. i was spending like 300 usd a month, after mods and GW difficulty upgrade... they are getting 0 from me, i know this are cents for them.
    I can complete the GW but it takes a lot of time, im slowly giving up on this game. why does a game has to take nearly 2 hours of your day in order to be competitive, people who spends money here needs to produce it from the work or somewhere else, eventualy they will get tired of investing 2 hours a day on this.

I finished GW today with Asajj Lead, Daka, IG88 / 86 & JE... One retreat, took me 20 mins tops including levelling up some mods and hitting arena....

All F2P, all in trash gear and L6 - 9 mods (admittedly L6/7 skills)

What is your arena power?, have you ever got that insane jedi squad with IGD leader or Anakin... i think not, you havent seen your entire squad getting almost killed by anakin AOE, or Clones, or the Old Ben Rebel Han comobo with RG max gear and speed mod, maybe not. i can kill all those squads but i hate to do it every day, it takes a lot of retries and some squads to suicide. i dont use my best squad on arena for avoiding the GW insane squads.
    but a 20 min GW wont ever happen to me.

Collection Score
    Characters
    7* Characters
    6* Characters
    Gear 11
    Gear 10
    Gear 9
    Gear 8

https://swgoh.gg/u/juanpablo/
  • Galactic Chore is just a broken mode. I'm shocked this post has not been dumped into the waste bin the devs call a "Megathred"
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    I'll share a tip a Jedi gave me. On those final nodes, before using your A or B teams, throw some low level heroes you never use in GW (because they're like lvl 1 or 4 stars or whatever) into a X or Y team. Start the fight and watch those hard nodes blow all their cool downs. It helps when you put your A & B teams in, gives you a huge advantage.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    I'll share a tip a Jedi gave me. On those final nodes, before using your A or B teams, throw some low level heroes you never use in GW (because they're like lvl 1 or 4 stars or whatever) into a X or Y team. Start the fight and watch those hard nodes blow all their cool downs. It helps when you put your A & B teams in, gives you a huge advantage.

Apart from you then lose TM adv... suicide squads not worked for a good while
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    I'm level 68 and just got a lvl 80 in my node 3!!! I won't lie, i'm actually getting through GW everyday, some nodes are really hard and it takes a few retreats indeed to match the winning sequence but is doable, everyday.

Still, i'm starting to feel insecure about the teams i'm facing... Nodes 3, 6, 9, 10 and 11 are really hard (can't figure it why node 3 would be that hard) and node 12 is actually easy!!

So, there is a bug in GW indeed, even though i can get it done everyday is fairly notable GW needs fixing. Or atleast better rewards!!

• You would think they would get the clue already from how huge this thread is now and long list of complaints.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It was the solve for me, just sharing what works.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Dear Devs,

Are you guys really not going to do anything about GW. It's not challenging where I can beat it after investing a lot of time and effort into it. It's down right impossible. I haven't been able to finish it since the update almost a month ago. It's not even fun anymore. I exhaust all my toons by the time I get to node 11. Is "the GW is working as intended" all you are going to say about it?
  • Saraleb wrote: »

@Saraleb if you have been using your a team already then they will also have enough tm built up to have an advantage. In addition if the squad you put in is weak enough they kill them in the first round meaning they haven't gained as much tm as your a team should have. The cost of maybe having one or two of them hit you with their basics outweighs them smashing you with all their specials on the first turn
  • Also.... Trick with beating the 12th node is to get your power up far enough that it breaks :wink:
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    You don't need to be a whale to be max gear, raids have been out since April. That's plenty of time to max out your A and B team.

You know the rewards are random, right? If furnaces do not drop, there is little chance to max gear two teams, or even one.

That's why raid gear is available in shipments, save up those 1400/1615 crystals and buy a furnace when it shows up. You've had since April to use that method of obtaining raid gear so RNG is not an excuse anymore

There are not enough coins to launch a raid every day. Additionally the guild activity plus raid reward is not enough to give you 1600 coins. That is five furnaces only. All characters need a few hundred of those. Add the need to buy character shards for the obvious reason and your message doesn't make any sense.

Yes, in a vacuum without any other needs you could buy five furnaces every two days and in some days twice, but the rest of us have other needs also for the coins.

Crystals are better spent on cantina refresh.

You can launch a heroic raid every 2.5 days if everyone contributes their 600 coins daily. I'm not saying spend guild currency on furnace salvage, that is a terrible return on value and you should only do it if you need 5-10 salvage to complete an item. Instead you complete heroic raids, get a decent rank and start piling up on raid gear salvage.
    You say that you need raid gear to advance your best characters but would rather spend your crystals on cantina refreshes? If you're a f2p player it's all about having priorities and in this case your top priority is saving up those crystals for raid gear in shipments.
    I hope that message made a bit more sense :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • GW is hands down the worst part of the game.

nuff said
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »

Sometimes having the enemy blow their cooldowns is better than having a TM advantage, especially if you know you can't kill the key opponents with that turn advantage. It's a lot better to face an Old Ben and Han with the same TM as you if they've already used up their specials :smile:
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I usually use a weaker team on the earlier nodes so my best team have full protection and health by the time I get to the last few nodes, I don't even have the best team either with Luminara at 7*
    QGJ at 5*
    Rey at 5*
    Fives at 4*
    And kylo Ren at 6*,
    Most of them are at gear 9 with only Rey at gear 8 and it works well together, I've been beating the last nose rather easy and I'm coming up against level 80 7* with maxed out mods
  • Foot
    4 posts Member
    Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.,...... That is unless they get one shot killed by ridiculous over powered toons. Rey isn't supposed to be able to take a double shot attack from a 7*level 80 gear 8 Rey and only lose less than a QUARTER of her protection, wth, then knock out a 7* level 80 toon with level 8 or higher gear and half of their protection left in ONE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!! How is that entertaining to anyone???
  • Foot
    4 posts Member
    I just don't even attempt it anymore. What's the point. To come up against something like that. I'd have to spend thousands of dollars to even begin to compete. No thanks
    And if it's using top ranked arena teams? If I can't win in arena to be a top ranked team then how could I beat them in galactic war? Good call. That's sounds really competitive
    Maybe for the top ranked arena teams
  • I am tired of this GW node 12 every day. The teams are so insane that they hit for 7-9K each on just their basics. They literally kill at least 1 toon every turn. I can maybe take out 1 person and 1/2 of another with my best squad, and that's even with TM advantage and full protection saved for node 12. Strategy doesn't overcome mathematical impossibility.

I have spent a good amount of money, more than I spend on buying games or gaming in the past on any one game. So I should be able to enjoy playing. I have a decent amount of depth.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DIFFICULTY. I am fine losing a bunch of my characters to complete GW. I am fine with having to manually fight each battle. But there needs to be a realm of possibility in completing GW.

However, I shouldn't have to face a top arena team at the end of GW. I can't even beat those teams in the arena. At this point I can accept that top teams get green geared nodes 11 and 12. Just make it so I can complete it too. This last node difficulty is beyond possible.

I can tell you that even the developers who created this game wouldn't be able to beat the Node 12 teams I am seeing with my roster, which is NOT that weak. The Mods are insane. All 5 opponents have +speed, + potency, max HP and protection. It's not mathematically possible to defeat that squad with my squad/squads.

There needs to be a fix to your GW tables so that certain power groups aren't getting completely screwed while low level guys can easily do it on auto and top teams only have to complete 10 Nodes max to complete 12 with the freebies they get.

Either make it so they can't complete it too, or make it so I can as well. After the last 6 weeks of GW failures, I deserve to complete it when I PAY MONEY to do so. If you want to make free players extremely hard, then do that, but I PAID MONEY, i expect to have an enjoyable game experience for the money I spent. GW is NOT enjoyable in it's current state.

Fix it.
    THEN, and only THEN will I spend any more Money.

I just ran into a STH with gear LVL 11 in node 12. Saving that battle for tomorrow's dailies. Funny thing is that I just upgraded my EK to gear LVL 10 and three of the gear slots say that the LVL 10 gear will be available in a later update. Possible that this person hacked the game in order to level up his STH to gear LVL 11?

• The answer you seek is contained in your question
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • None of this is accurate
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    You're claiming that you're fine with the difficulty of GW but then complaim that it's impossible to complete. Well guess what? It is difficult because that's how GW works, but it is not impossible. Not even close.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Omnibot
    24 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The format now seems wrong on so many levels. Your only options to succeed in GW are
    1) Spend hundreds to thousands of real money to ensure you have multiple squads of heroes on an elite level
    2) Have multiple mediocre heroes and never progress them
    3) have one really awesome squad so you can face green and blue level heroes

I have four nodes that I face that all have more power than the squad I use in arena. It is a struggle just to get past the halfway point now. Every single node i face has a Rey that takes out burst damage that I can't get back after each round. My only choice is to build up meta and play this game like a robot instead of having fun and picking characters I enjoy playing. So sad and frustrating. I wouldn't care as much if GW wasn't 85%+ of the income you make in this game, but it is and now that I'm losing it is harder to keep up especially with the millions it takes for mods now too.
  • GOING TO BE MERGED ON THE GW MEGA-THREAD in 3