Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    you are like # a billion who writes about this... and they dont care, its working as it should. i was spending like 300 usd a month, after mods and GW difficulty upgrade... they are getting 0 from me, i know this are cents for them.
    I can complete the GW but it takes a lot of time, im slowly giving up on this game. why does a game has to take nearly 2 hours of your day in order to be competitive, people who spends money here needs to produce it from the work or somewhere else, eventualy they will get tired of investing 2 hours a day on this.
    If you're spending $300 a month on a phone game I don't feel that you have room to complain.

I spend no money and I've completed GW everyday since mods came out except for the 1 day.

Maybe throwing your oversized wallet around isn't the intended strat....
  • The best is when guys are doing multiple attacks who do not do multiple attacks and destroy your team without taking a shot at them.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    The best is when guys are doing multiple attacks who do not do multiple attacks and destroy your team without taking a shot at them.

That never happens, exaggeration doesn't make it true
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • GW. Soooo broken
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Glad to see you value your legacy. Keep it up!
    6NUJvjv.png
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I'll share a tip a Jedi gave me. On those final nodes, before using your A or B teams, throw some low level heroes you never use in GW (because they're like lvl 1 or 4 stars or whatever) into a X or Y team. Start the fight and watch those hard nodes blow all their cool downs. It helps when you put your A & B teams in, gives you a huge advantage.

Apart from you then lose TM adv... suicide squads not worked for a good while

Sometimes having the enemy blow their cooldowns is better than having a TM advantage, especially if you know you can't kill the key opponents with that turn advantage. It's a lot better to face an Old Ben and Han with the same TM as you if they've already used up their specials :smile:

While this may very well be true, I have not found it to be the case for me. I've found that against maxed teams, speed kills, and the TM advantage rules the day.

Of course I run very, very fast teams.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Samantha wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I'll share a tip a Jedi gave me. On those final nodes, before using your A or B teams, throw some low level heroes you never use in GW (because they're like lvl 1 or 4 stars or whatever) into a X or Y team. Start the fight and watch those hard nodes blow all their cool downs. It helps when you put your A & B teams in, gives you a huge advantage.

Apart from you then lose TM adv... suicide squads not worked for a good while

Sometimes having the enemy blow their cooldowns is better than having a TM advantage, especially if you know you can't kill the key opponents with that turn advantage. It's a lot better to face an Old Ben and Han with the same TM as you if they've already used up their specials :smile:

While this may very well be true, I have not found it to be the case for me. I've found that against maxed teams, speed kills, and the TM advantage rules the day.

Of course I run very, very fast teams.

Actually, with a super fast team suicide squads are usefull. With preloaded TM they will still go first.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Galactic War has been transparently and irrefutably broken for a while. EA don't care. They just don't care. I've stopped spending on this game and my bank balance is a lot healthier for it. If they fixed GW I would start spending again. Right now I hate this game, am close to leaving, don't enjoy it anymore, but at least I have more money to spend on nice things in the real world.
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    I'm level 68 and just got a lvl 80 in my node 3!!! I won't lie, i'm actually getting through GW everyday, some nodes are really hard and it takes a few retreats indeed to match the winning sequence but is doable, everyday.

Still, i'm starting to feel insecure about the teams i'm facing... Nodes 3, 6, 9, 10 and 11 are really hard (can't figure it why node 3 would be that hard) and node 12 is actually easy!!

So, there is a bug in GW indeed, even though i can get it done everyday is fairly notable GW needs fixing. Or atleast better rewards!!

There was a time I found node 12 was much easier than node 11. I think it has to do with your current power level or whatever it is they use to determine the teams you face. But now I'm way past that point... Node 12 is super difficult, if I can reach it...
  • armyhutchings
    273 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh yay, another super modded node 6. I love losing one or two of my best characters so early because you forgot to make mods count towards power (you know, for proper matchmaking?)

At least I got to make it through 8 nodes. Thanks! I love regression, it's soooo much fun. Your GW mode is so awesome. Seriously, if I didn't need whatever meager credits I can squeeze out of it, I'd skip it entirely.
  • Ok...i lost my A and B teams without taking a hit on node 12...and 2 weeks since i can't finish GW don't know what to say...
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    My GW for today

https://youtu.be/IjIVx5hCKVs

Node 11 got harder, shoudlve used teebo fir stealth

Salera is WAI, use many chars and its an attrition.

I did not retreat so it would be as hard as possible
  • I am a f2p player and I recently hit level 80. I instantly noticed more difficult arena opponents, but what happened with the galactic war was absurd. My last ~4 battles were level 80, gear 10-11, seven starred meta teams that were impossible to beat with my most powerful characters being only gear 8, level 72, and 5-7 star. This is completely unfair to the f2p player base and some balancing is essential for a fun, challenging (but still possible), experience in galactic wars. Please comment if you have similar issues or some advice.

Thanks
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Smartel00 wrote: »
    I am a f2p player and I recently hit level 80. I instantly noticed more difficult arena opponents, but what happened with the galactic war was absurd. My last ~4 battles were level 80, gear 10-11, seven starred meta teams that were impossible to beat with my most powerful characters being only gear 8, level 72, and 5-7 star. This is completely unfair to the f2p player base and some balancing is essential for a fun, challenging (but still possible), experience in galactic wars. Please comment if you have similar issues or some advice.

Thanks

I've seen this with players that just hit level cap. Only advice for you is if you aren't in a tier 7 guild, get to one and farm mods no matter how painful it is.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Trindor
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The last weeks i could finish GW almost every day. But the last two days it was impossible for me to finish node 12. My best team is level 78 all Gear 8 and i got this opponent today
    node12_zpsxnirsldp.jpgnode12infight_zpso0y65crk.jpg

You must be kidding this is not possible to win with my team. Not to mention, that i lost some of my best chars some nodes before. The amount of time to finish GW is getting worse.

You really have to change something here.
    Post edited by Trindor on
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    You're claiming that you're fine with the difficulty of GW but then complaim that it's impossible to complete. Well guess what? It is difficult because that's how GW works, but it is not impossible. Not even close.

I am NOT fine with the difficulty. I said I am fine with it being difficult to complete. The current difficulty is nearly impossible for many many players. There are days were it's impossible for my team to beat another team. I clearly laid out the problem and that it's not a level playing field. Please actually READ the information before you troll.
  • When mods first came out, I was in the same place you are. Impossible teams at node 12 that seriously **** me off. No possible way to beat them. But.....three weeks later, after updating some of my "A" team, I have had a lot of fun on GW this last week. Difficult? Yes. Last night I had to retreat out of node 6 and send in a sacrifice team. Same thing on nodes 10, 11, and 12. My node 12 win was Epic. My Phasma and Rey against Dooku. Rey missed with Flurry and then later took out Dooku with Leverage. I get the easy node 12 once or twice per week if I'm lucky.
    Give it a little more time like everything else in this game.
  • @CG_JohnSalera PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY FIX THE UNBALANCE IN GW!!!!!!!! I completely agree that it should be a challenge but at it's current state it's IMPOSSIBLE TO make it all the way through. I've tried all the suggestions for beating it that have been posted and there's no way! You would think that after thousands of people from all levels of the game have complained and given up that you guys would make needed adjustments. I don't understand do you not like your product to be profitable? People want entertainment in this game not frustration and disappointment. I have been playing since December and have a pretty good roster. Yesterday I was able to make it to node 11 with my main squad still completely in tact (all maxed on levels and stars strong mods and many omegas all gear 9) and i was destroyed without even getting a dent in my opponents protection. Today didn't make it past node 9!!!!!! I love the game simply because I'm a star wars super fan I'm not a gamer at all but I'm really starting to feel the frustration with gw and find myself playing less and less. I really want to see the game thrive and make you guys lots of money but thats not going to happen unless you listen to your customers and please stop ignoring this issue. Thank you and i hope you make the necessary adjustments to make the game enjoyable again.

Ps. What happened to the events. They where fun and great additional content and would like to see them brought back once and awhile.
  • Yes, GW is either going to be fixed or I am done. My best squads are getting one shot and the entire squad is being wiped out before I even get a turn. I don't mind it being difficult, I mind it being impossible. The last two days have been impossible.
  • DaniB32
    196 posts Member
    Node 6 is taking atleast 3 of my top squads at mo. And i cant get past node 9. I would normaly get to node 12. Beat it now and then. But cant get that far no more. And i have got a few more 7* level 80 characters. But just keep getting wiped out. **** ridiculous
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »
    My GW for today

https://youtu.be/IjIVx5hCKVs

Node 11 got harder, shoudlve used teebo fir stealth

Salera is WAI, use many chars and its an attrition.

I did not retreat so it would be as hard as possible

Nicely done, GW definitely is WAI
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

You can launch a heroic raid every 2.5 days if everyone contributes their 600 coins daily.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about f2p here, where we FIRST have to get the rewards to equip our 2 teams, you on the other hand immediately jumped to "fully geared/modded" toons. What are you talking about here?
    I hope that message made a bit more sense :smile:

Nope, on the contrary...
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    GW is the [/U]main[/U] reason why I stopped spending on this game.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!

I FINISHED GW TODAY! I AM WHOLE AGAIN! I FEEL SO ALIVE!

Cheers

OH SWEET RNGESUS! I DID IT AGAIN TODAY! THIS IS FANTASTIC! 149/150

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO 150/150! 5 BONUS VADER SHARDS!
    Okay, so that's 3 GW wins in the last week. Today I got severely brutalized on Node 11 but there was no RG and no healer so I was able to take out Rey with my First Order squad (34,992). 3 more squads to finish 11. Left me with nothing but a few underpowered lower-level heroes, so thankfully N12 was low power as well; it was almost a challenge! GW is frustrating to say the least, but occasionally doable with enough developed heroes. Keep at it, friends.
    FTP (mostly), by the way. I did buy some crystals so I could purchase a couple of furnaces from shipments, but that's it.
    IRo5dX2.png
    iDsdeHt.png
    F6oAgB0.png

Cheers
  • Will someone at EA respond? Should I instead tweet my gripes across Twitter? 110 pages with no fix or comments?
  • Great to hear that some events are coming back. That should be a weekly and monthly thing on a constant basis (depending on which event).

But I cannot express in words how disappointed I am that the community receives nothing but silence regarding Galactic War. 103,000 views and 3,300 comments later, one would think that stopping the bleeding and sheer anger would have been a priority. You're losing paying customers, would-be paying customers, diehard fans and casual players alike. This hasn't affected just one aspect of the gaming community, it has affected everyone. Many guilds are bleeding out or experiencing players that were daily that have now turned to occasional. And that is affecting our ability to build raid coins and tackle raids, which further compounds the issues we're facing with the credit crunch, gear shortages, gear bottlenecks, etc.

And what is up with drop rates? I am experiencing between 5-10% drop rates for low level purple shards. This week I had a span where I went 4 for 64. All too often I'll do 15 and get just 1 shard. Why does this game keep taking a bad situation and decide to make it worse?
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • I would also like to see more low level purple crafting items added to the challenges. Some of the challenges just have 4 tiers so adding a 5th tier with items like Mk III Sienar Holo (I need about 500 of them) would be very helpful in assisting us loyal, daily gamers to advance our mid-level toons so we CAN use them in Galactic War.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • IDobaFett wrote: »
    When mods first came out, I was in the same place you are. Impossible teams at node 12 that seriously **** me off. No possible way to beat them. But.....three weeks later, after updating some of my "A" team, I have had a lot of fun on GW this last week. Difficult? Yes. Last night I had to retreat out of node 6 and send in a sacrifice team. Same thing on nodes 10, 11, and 12. My node 12 win was Epic. My Phasma and Rey against Dooku. Rey missed with Flurry and then later took out Dooku with Leverage. I get the easy node 12 once or twice per week if I'm lucky.
    Give it a little more time like everything else in this game.

Well the teams I am facing are FULLY modded and are insane. Clearly we aren't facing the same teams, however since you are getting green nodes, you obviously have way more depth and higher level characters than me...