Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that it was an accidental change. Why on earth would they make node 6 meta teams with way more power than yours, and have node 12 as weak as it is?
  • Crinsom
    28 posts Member
    While the meta has been pretty diverse lately, there's really only 10-15 good characters that pop up, between those 10-15, maybe like 10-12 of them are useful in gw.

With this change, im pretty sure the devs dont understand that having a shitton of 7* characters is not good enough to carry yourself through gw. they need to be at g9 MINIMUM. Raid gear prevents this from happening, especially for those people that are in non-heroic guilds. Even the weaker members of my heroic guild are struggling with gw. doesnt make sense.

On top of that, the absurd about of farmable purple gear needed to get to g8 onwards, is... absurd.

For example you have a "deep" roster. An arena meta team pops up on your 6th node, you decide to throw your empire team, they are probably undergeared, besides rg. They wont kill anyone. Arena teams are arena teams because they do 2 good things, hold rank, and win battles. Even an AI controlled OB/dooku, rg, sthan is a nightmare. Your empire team is gonna die and all youve probably done is take 1/4 off of sthans protection.
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    They don't understand that there are only 10-12 GOOD toons in this game, and when you face a meta team 5-6 nodes in a row, you get smoked when your top toons are no longer alive.

Once your Rey, Leia, RG, GS are gone, taking on a meta team is friggin brutal.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    chuckwing wrote: »
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that it was an accidental change. Why on earth would they make node 6 meta teams with way more power than yours, and have node 12 as weak as it is?

I wish my node 12 was weak. Myself and 6 other guild mates that have commented on it, got hosed. Real bad. After nodes 6, 9 and 11 all being level 80 gears 8-11, node 12 was level 80 gear 10-11. And it was a royal pain in the rear end. Nodes 7, 8 and 10 on average for us was around level 75 gear 7-8 mostly. A toon here or there at gear 9 or possibly 10.

Half my guild hasn't even been able to finish the last 2 days now bc the entire squad is killed off. A few guild mates have been fortunate enough for a super weak node 12... But half of us have not. It's been the toughest we've ever faced. And that's with no protection left for us and having some if not many of our "A squad toons" killed off.
  • JRA wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    There is only one way to get their attention and you all know what it is I'm saying here.
    I think so brain, but where will we find panty hose our size?

Same place we always do Pinky.. (I couldn't resist)
  • Hi all –

I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:

Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
    Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
    Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
    Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)

As you may know, we made a tuning change to Galactic War on June 15th. There were several goals of that change, and we have been monitoring in-game data and player feedback on the change. While we view that tuning update as generally successful, we were finding that it wasn’t providing enough challenge.

On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)

As always, we will continue to monitor the data and player feedback and determine if further tweaks to the tuning are needed.

Thanks!

Really? Come on guys ... you are doing a pitiful job. First resolve all damage bugs in a raid damage and block the mod apk ;). The problem never was the difficulty or that it was "a challenge". The problem its the time you spend doing the gw. If you want more money do the right thing and really if you don't have idea plz don't do nothing

Commander of Latin Force - I always fight Back
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    JRA wrote: »
    There is only one way to get their attention and you all know what it is I'm saying here.

Neither could I. This has been such a disappointing day. I needed a laugh. Glad someone else caught that.

• Jaded
    4 posts Member
    Joruus wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    1st time posting as usually I am a lurker and not a poster. I read many of the threads however. This one just rubs me the wrong way. My best 5 is 33000. The last node for me was 41000. The one prior was no piece of cake either. I used a bunch of characters to clear that one and was stunned when I came to the last one. I am unable to complete it. Not even close. Mind you I started in December and I have rarely not been able to finish. I would say this is the firest day in 4 to 5 months. I am close to hitting the 150 achievement. I wish they would have sent something out that would have said we are doing a change today. Very unhappy player today.

You're unhappy because you can't beat one section of one part of a game?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE??so this this the new age, where everyone wants participation trophies, even if they came in last place. WORK ON THE CORRECT CHARACTERS, AND GW WOULD STILL BE A CAKEWALK. I've been playing since December as well, flew through both gws today, level 80 tough opponents and all. Je Droid teams even. But every team can be beat, just because you can't win Today, means you need to work on your strategy. Grow up, boost your skills and knowledge, not your typing, crying finger muscles

Jorrus your post says for me to grow up. This I take offense too. 1st you do understand that when typing and caping your letters it is the equivalent of shouting. Reasonable adults who are having a discussion usually don't shout at each other. My experience is that the temper tantrum children do however. I was simply expressing my dissatisfaction on the change that occurred that made it extremely difficult and there was no communication about it. I agree in that I do not want it too easy which it became. I do not want a "participation trophy ". I have pretty good amount of characters that are 6 to 7 star and 8 or better gear. I am not claiming to be an expert, but I would say I am a little better than average. The last few nodes really chewed through my characters. Certainly I did learn something as I played against some I have not played before. My concern was the huge gap that the difficulty changed without the communication. I understand that you yourself can be frustrated, however taking it out on the community it certainly not the most mature behavior. Your posts seem to be spiteful and I would ask that you act a little more mature or rather grown-up in how you conduct you communication. We all want the same thing which is fundamentally a great game. I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction on how this was done.
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    If you need a challenge go do arenas.
    It's the same AI controlled hack.

GW is for casuals to blow off some steam.

Hard lovers and fluffy whales can stroke the e-ego by doing arenas.
  • JRA wrote: »
    JRA wrote: »

Neither could I. This has been such a disappointing day. I needed a laugh. Glad someone else caught that.

Well Dearie, even the Dark One has a sense of humor.. albeit dark ;)
  • masters
    231 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I wish I ran into a green level team. I faced dooku lead with rg, qgj, rey and Leia all gear 10 and 11. It took my whole roster to kill one of them.

It shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes run through gw.
  • I'm fine with the late nodes being tough. But 6 in particular seems bugged.
  • This is ridiculous. I used to love this game but it has turned into another game trying to get your money. You just changed to gw to make it easier due to complaints, now 2 weeks later you make it nearly impossible. I'm on node 6 facing all lvl 80, 7*, lvl 8-9 gear. How can I get through without spending massive money to gear up characters. Shame on you EA.
  • Chud2112 wrote: »
    How can I get through without spending massive money to gear up characters. Shame on you EA.

Asked and answered.
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Actually a game called dragon souls does this. Normal is easier and between rounds you regen some health. The hard mode doubles gold earned but no regen of health, etc. Token payouts don't change. I don't always finish hard but can usually earn more gold. Why wouldn't this work for GoH? The games are fairly similar just less control over battles. They actually cater more to the players. I'm level 96 and plenty of credits. Gear on dragon souls is used just like this. A lot of similarities. Guilds, rotating challenges. Gear is the bottleneck there because takes 50 of stuff just like here. GoH is better overall but could learn some things from them.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    If they removed protection from gw opponents it would at least be possible to get through with your arena team. Dealing with 4-6 similarly geared arena teams WHO HAVE PROTECTION WHEN YOU DONT is not about attrition, it is about impossibility. And because GW is then primary source of credits, characters are now progression blocked. This is broken design. The incentives and variables they are balancing are all completely wrong.

This is not fun. This is not good design. Star Wars deserves better.
  • I just created an account to contribute to this discussion. I finished GW today, but it was terribly difficult. I am FTP, Level 80. At the end, I was left with a few ewoks L40,3star. It became too difficult in my opinion. Fine, make it a challange that requires the use of more than one squad - I had to use 5 or 6 squads (4 of them suicide squads).

So, what should happen?
    First, I think EA and CG should reveal how opponents are selected for GW! It should be a players choice how difficult or easy GW is to finish!

Second, link the rewards to the difficulty! For instance - link it to the opponents power. You defeat more difficult squads, you get better rewards!

Third, reset this highest arena power / best 5 toons power algorithm that you've used before. It is simply not ok to drop the difficulty 15 days earlier so every player upgrades arena teams and now GW is unplayable due to that! You can still link arena power to determine GW difficulty, but you need to allow players to revert as well! As you did with your algorithm!
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Whoever is in charge that makes these decisions I wish them no ill-will.

With that being said, if they buy any fire works this 4th of July weekend, I hope it's all duds. Also if they go to the beach, I hope they lose their keys.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Whoever is in charge that makes these decisions I wish them no ill-will.

With that being said, if they buy any fire works this 4th of July weekend, I hope it's all duds. Also if they go to the beach, I hope they lose their keys.

after reading all this "aaaaarrrrrrrgggggggg!" Stuff over GW, this literally made me laugh out loud. Not in a mean way just as you stated... No ill-will.... But my wife looks at me to ask what's so funny. I told her she wouldn't care (she doesn't do much for mobile gaming and doesn't care for it) she insisted. I told her and she laughed.
  • I'll just add my appreciation to EA/CG for doing a great job of making everyone mad!!! This "tune" is horrible. Keep spinning the dial.
  • CG JohnSalera:
    "Hi all –
    I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.
    On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging.
    Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:
    - Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!"

So what happened to:"We want the game to bring pleasure for the players and not to be so much time consuming"? This update is totally opposite of what you stated before and what players want to.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    The update on the 15th still made it some challence and fun. Each node was getting harder with the last two battles fighting against top teams.
    The update on the 29th seems like a coding error that caused a lot of confusion amonst us. How else can you explain node 6-11 being extremely hard and node 12 being a one hit show?
    Please just go back the the way it was before the 29th!
  • PhD
    6 posts Member
    The problem is.. This changes include teams with more gear that mine? It's ridiculous, we don't have interest in be in rage with a game. I'm quitting from spend money with this unstable game now.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @CG_JohnSalera

This statement - and the players' responses - sure would've sounded different if you would've said something BEFORE the fact rather than a couple days after the fact.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    The fact this change was unannounced and done so poorly just reeks of a completely inept dev team that does zero testing.

Let's simplify this even further... even if GW was just 3 nodes (same rewards) how is anybody supposed to basically do 3 arena battles without any protection, and possibly on cooldown, versus fully starred/geared arena meta teams at full health with protection and no cooldowns? Now insert the other 9 filler crap nodes that basically serve to remove protection and use up cooldowns into the mix... it's just NOT FUN.

If "not fun" equates to "challenge" with this dev team, you should all be fired. Let's just start fresh.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • GW is now impossible to complete for me. This is not a "challenge"; it's no longer doable. If you are trying to get me to stop playing, you are doing a good job.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    People saying they're getting node 1 worthy teams on node 12? Lucky. I'm getting full max gear, 7*, full omega teams. There's a difficulty bump at node 6. Then a lull, then node 10-11 are really hard, but not impossible. Node 12, both days this has been active, has taken me 3-4 squads. This response sounds like a cover story, and some people having one experience while others are having a much harder time of things is proof of Horse Hockey. I'm not buying it...or anything else. My wallet is officially closed. I've spent around $1000 on this game. No more. Not another penny. It's not worth the agita, or the time investment. If I hadn't already spent so much $, I'd simply quit the game.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    The update on the 29th seems like a coding error that caused a lot of confusion amonst us. How else can you explain node 6-11 being extremely hard and node 12 being a one hit show?
    It is a coding error. It is unbelievable how devs are failing at every single update! When some update is comming, everyone knows that something will go wrong. Since 29th june, there is coding error in GW, same was with Teebo, Guild currency update, prices on scanners... Everything. Same failures since the start of this game. Practically they ruin the game at updates and after that they need weeks for fixing, while players are raging here on forums. And these devs are still here and working for EA.

• Iwan
    336 posts Member
    GW supposed to be a challange? The problem was what we all complained about it was to time consuming!!

That was fixed, and for sure some **** had to complain again, that now its to easy (there was a poll about it , 97% said its good 3% complained)

Now it's changed again and it has been more time consuming then even before!!!

I feel tricked about the fact was given that the difficulty from ur GW was based on ur Arena Team power the highest that ever went in... So when it got easier the GW and we could complete the 12 battles in a good time, we could upgrade our arena teams, and dont worry about the fact GW will be hell...
    But whats happend, misleading

Conclussion: GW should be challanging never ever was the issue, the problem was GW was to time consuming which was fixed and with this change it been made worse....

try to fix something that is rly bugged and not screw up something that has been fixed already, which now can be added back to the BIG complain list