Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    This is a slime ball move, you guys need to grow up. I've been doing thes GW's for 7 months, and I'd rather drag my face across a cheese grater than slog through one more tired predictable GW. This is a farming game, we're here to farm. GW is our one credit farm, shouldn't take an hour of frustrating retrys! If you want to challenge us, stop being lazy and give us a new challenge or two. Really wish I hadn't spent so much $ on this "game"

Slooooow clap...
  • slayerdriver
    30 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So tried it again today.on 2nd last node and they have 1 gear ten the rest are nines.i have 2 gear 9s in my whole team.this is ****
  • Ashoka41
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Suggestion: leave the 12 nodes as it was before 29. June and add 3 nodes with harder battles but also better rewards. I personally don't have the time for this kind of challenge. My iPad heats up very much when endless repeating a fight. Games are drawing much energy from the battery. So when there is no fun, maybe it is time for me to start reading a good book again.
  • Options
    I have been playing for nearly 8 months. GW was fairly easy at first, then so difficult I couldn't beat it for months, then a few weeks ago I started finally winning GW. now I am losing top characters in the first 3-4 nodes. then a bunch of easy nodes, with the last 2 nodes nearly impossible for me to beat again.
    can't we just stick with something is all I ask!!
  • Options
    GW is such a waste of time now...I spent more than an hour trying to complete this...so frustrated right now that I need to walk away from the game. Thank god it's 4th of July wkend...
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Tuning = overall approach. If you are going tune the difficulty then tune the rewards as well. You have to balance both sides. Stated is GW is supposed to be challenging yes I agree but you should also make it worthwhile. ie if it takes 2 x the amount of time than it used to players should be compensated as such.
    I agree with previous posters you should have multiple tiers for GW Rewards Normal/Hard so that you have set an expectation and cannot be accused of moving the goal line.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's ******* how they tweak the GW to make it more difficult yet still keep the rewards the exact same as when we were lvl 40. I don't mind it if GW is hard, just make it worth doing by giving decent rewards.

-edited
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Options
    Ok so if the purpose is to try to get us to use our whole squad, why isn't galactic war algorithms set to select teams based on our overall roster power, and not our highest power arena team. Prior to 6/15 update I was able to use my A, B, C squads and finish galactic war 14/15 times, by having all toons around the same gear level and same character level, as many were doing. Then nerf bat hits GW to make it less time consuming, I can clear it with mostly A squad and B squad cleanup. Now this update, by the time I get to node 9 or 10 I have lost my entire A squad and some substitutes, the 11 node wipes out not only my A, B, and C teams, but my D, E, F teams as well (basically cannon fodder as mentioned above) then get to a 12 node and unlike many are talking about I get a fully geared kill squad that wipes my remaining roster. Put it back to pre 6/15 update, but this "new update to the update" has increased the time and difficulty of completing GW to higher than that of the previous update.... hence developers have failed.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Simply get rid of the first 4-6 nodes and keep the current difficulty and rewards, I know you're hellbent on torturing your player base but at least make an honest effort to think before you speak @CG_JohnSalera
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • boogie101us
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Some people are saying node 12 is easy. I'm seeing teams that I thought we're impossible to have geared so high. I'm ranked 100 on my server and node 12 is top 3 teams. WAY to difficult. I would like to at least have a chance to complete GW. I've spent alot of time and a fair amount of $ on this game but I'll definitely be quitting if I don't have a chance. The inconsistencies in the difficulty that I'm hearing about is also persuading me to quit. Please fix this soon. It was definitely better in past before and after previous update.
  • boogie101us
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The whales in my guild are telling us their facing opponents that are 3 and 4* in node 12. Wow. Strong get stronger the weak stay weak? Dropped the ball with this one guys.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    StormCrow wrote: »
    I'd rather drag my face across a cheese grater than slog through one more tired predictable GW.

OUCH. And I thought my "rather get shot in the face with a flare gun" was bad.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    I couldn't finish my GW today it was so hard and I spend 2 hours trying. Great "challenge"! I don't wanna say what I think, because I'm gonna be banned forever, but I know for sure that I'm not buying crystals anymore and won't support this ********************!!!
  • Options
    You actually know that I'm not even able to get through node 6?
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    This company can't do anything right. Not a single thing. It's embarrassing.

Edit - That last paragraph is a joke. Lie more please.

+ 1000000000000000
  • Options
    I don't mind making it difficult. But I now need to spend 1-2hrs trying to complete it, and yesterday I couldn't. This is supposed to be a fun distraction for me, not a drain on all my free time.
    If we are to continue at this difficulty then u, at the very least need to make it worth my while doing it.
    2 to 4 times harder then the rewards should reflect this.
  • Options
    This is completely ridiculous and not at all fun. I failed to complete the GW today for the first time in half a year. I have 22 7* characters but I guess I need to shell out for more to make a measly 450k credits. CG seems to be hellbent on making sure you spend more time on the game for less reward and less fun.
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    Options
    My best arena team is 30k and yesterday node 12 was a 40k crazy geared team and today node 12 is a 38k crazy geared team. What a bunch of garbage. I like hard and challenging, not impossible...
  • Yadda_123
    187 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that it was an accidental change. Why on earth would they make node 6 meta teams with way more power than yours, and have node 12 as weak as it is?

If so, let's hope they fix it soon,The last couple of nights, node 6 and 12 have both been impossible. Just lost to some cheater with an entire roster of gear 10-11 toons. Just not worth it anymore.
  • Options
    Hi all –

I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:
    • Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
    • Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
    • Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
    • Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)

As you may know, we made a tuning change to Galactic War on June 15th. There were several goals of that change, and we have been monitoring in-game data and player feedback on the change. While we view that tuning update as generally successful, we were finding that it wasn’t providing enough challenge.

On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)

As always, we will continue to monitor the data and player feedback and determine if further tweaks to the tuning are needed.

Thanks!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50943/recent-tweak-to-galactic-war-tuning#latest

Are you kidding me! GW is now unwinnable! Last 2 nodes are ridiculous.... What is wrong with you guys? Can't you get this stuff straight? Do you people actually play games? Do you know what your doing? It's like your just sitting there going "ahhhhhhh idk.... try this? No, that was horrible? Ahhhhhhh okay, try this?"
  • Options
    Much more difficult and longer to complete than pre 6/15 update.
  • Dabro11
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say. I am a Star Wars fan so I play this game. I overlook that central characters are weak while characters who never utter a line are part of the meta.

But this is stupid. You cannot even plan or use tactics. So we are playing a RPG and there is an absolute dearth of structure in this 'tweaked' galactic war. So I know this falls on deaf ears. I will not spend another penny and while I would urge folks to do the same I doubt it will change.

I don't care if you make it tougher. As long as I know node 9 is always gonna be the toughest. But to make me use 2 squads and then not know what I need 3 nodes later is an pretty poor excuse of developing a game. I guess when you have developers in charge poor game play should be expected. It would be nice to have a fan of the Star Wars Universe on your team.
  • Zahreem
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Gw is now nearly impossible and takes to long again
  • Options
    In their defense, this recent tweak is consistent with their earlier attempts to streamline GW and decrease the amount of time required to complete it. Since I seem to no longer have a chance in **** of finishing it, I'm definitely spending less time on it. Thanks for freeing up some time in my day to do other things. Please don't worry though, I'm f2p, so you're not losing any money.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    In any game like this the challenge should get easier as you level up and expand your roster OR the rewards should get better as the challenge gets harder. This is just backwards, greedy, and lazy design

+1
  • Options
    With Gw being that hard I will get around 300k credits per day , 4 days to pay for a 7*
    This is outrageous and ridiculous....we need credits or we will never be able to keep up with whales
    And why exactly do we need credits + droids to level up ? Why not only one ?
    Credits for stars and droids for levels

I have one G10 and 4-5 G9 ...I can't compete with a team full G10-G11 in Gw (Rg,rey,geo,phasma,quigon)

We need a credits source or this game will become so difficult and take so much time that people will simply leave

And I'm not even talking about the T7 raid , sooo boring and ridiculous
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Post edited by saberOriginal on
  • Options
    Yeah I wouldn't call this a 'challenge'. I've tried to beat the second last node 7 times today and so far I haven't been able to put together a team that can take down more than 1 character... I'm up against an all level 80, gear 9 team and I'm gear 8 at level 77. I can't get through their RG. Thanks.
  • LoTEK
    101 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Please consider revamping Galactic War entirely instead of tuning the random distribution algorithm. You guys (and gals?) seem to have a dedicated and talented team working on events, perhaps consider handing GW over to them as a major content block. They could craft preset themed campaigns that rotate each month, which allows the player access to new content and gives the developer the ability to fine tune the difficulty to an intended rather than random level.

For example, the Galactic War for August could be "A New Hope" with an Empire themed campaign, each day ending in a miniboss that changes on a weekly basis culminating in a raid like battle against the Emperor in week 4. This also gives the ability to show off new and upcoming characters in scheduled PvE content.

This is an excellent idea.

I was saying something similar to my guild mates on Discord the other day. Even without a raid-like final; having preset, rotating themed battles would be so much fun compared to battling the same or similar arena squads again and again.

My biggest grievance is the catch 22 the announcement revealed. Need lots of leveled, geared, and stared heroes to complete GW. Need the credits from completing GW to level, gear, and star lots of heroes.
  • LiliJedi
    86 posts Member
    Options
    The easier GW made customers happy. In case no one has noticed, the developers of this game do not like to make their customers happy. Hence a new implementation to make customers dissatisfied again.