Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Akeron
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, I'm happy with it 'broken" as it is. This game was taking too **** long, its nice to have a little break actually. I didn't get any 3 stars though...
    Post edited by Akeron on
  • Sounds like your wish was granted. The broke GW I guess
  • Okay...i just had 9....yes 9 easy green nodes on war and the 1st 3 were hard....but nothing out of the ordinary....i kept thinking okay...then next node is gonna be super-duper tough...but green, green, green, etc....

Idk what is up with war anymore.
  • Gotta use more than one toon, try using 2 or 3 ewoks next time and you should beable to auto it

It's whales like you that ruin this game for the FTP. Tell any FTP that, and it is impossible. You don't realize the difficulty of FTP because you can throw anything at. How am I supposed to get 2 more ewoks when I have to gear CUP to G11?

Checkmate whales
  • Looks like they reverted it now. Thanks for announcing it so quickly.
  • I am a FTP player, and i rarely have trouble with GW. If your team isnt viable, try another one
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    I am a FTP player, and i rarely have trouble with GW. If your team isnt viable, try another one

Dude you realize this is all in response to that GW glitch that made everything an easy green gear team. Do you actually think people are trying to solo a real GW with 3 ewoks?
  • WalnutSauce
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Gotta use more than one toon, try using 2 or 3 ewoks next time and you should beable to auto it

It's whales like you that ruin this game for the FTP. Tell any FTP that, and it is impossible. You don't realize the difficulty of FTP because you can throw anything at. How am I supposed to get 2 more ewoks when I have to gear CUP to G11?

Checkmate whales

It's FREELOADERS like you that ruin the game for us paying customers. You moan on how hard it is to play for free well duh.. news flash they dont want FreeLoaders playing so they make it hard on purpose. All you guys do is suck resources (bandwidth, dev hrs) from the game and as a result make it more expensive for everyone else.
    Post edited by WalnutSauce on
  • Gotta use more than one toon, try using 2 or 3 ewoks next time and you should beable to auto it

Checkmate whales

It's FREELOADERS like you that ruin the game for us paying customers. You moan on how hard it is to play for free well duh.. news flash they dont want FreeLoaders playing so they make it hard on purpose. All you guys do is suck resources (bandwidth, dev hrs) from the game and as a result make it more expensive for everyone else.

Amen
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    It's back to normal again :cry:

Of course that's the bug they fix. Any non-beneficial bugs take months to get fixed.
  • Exactly, spend a few bucks on some crystals every now and then. It's not like Sony gives away PS4's and games for free and says hey you can play for free until you hit level 40, then you have to buy the game if you want to get farther.
  • I do find it ridiculous you can drop way more money into swgoh than a PlayStation and a handful of games, and still not have any maxed characters, **** is that
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Gotta use more than one toon, try using 2 or 3 ewoks next time and you should beable to auto it

Checkmate whales

All hail the CUP ... for his power is unlimited and so feared you dare not use him for the universe may explode
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I doubt any of you have a fully maxed CUP. He is actually really good in the right team. Work on fully maxing CUP, Mob enforcer, Ugnaught, nightsister intiative, and U'rrorrororugh, then come back here in 60 days and tell me your arena rank now
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Parableman wrote: »
    Looks like they reverted it now. Thanks for announcing it so quickly.

Better believe it. I finish every day sometimes easy node 12 sometimes not.

Today can't even finish node 11. Nodes 6, 9, 10 were normally what node 11 and sometimes 12 were. I have a deep rooster but not that deep.

• Maljr1980 wrote: »
    I doubt any of you have a fully maxed CUP. He is actually really good in the right team. Work on fully maxing CUP, Mob enforcer, Ugnaught, nightsister intiative, and U'rrorrororugh, then come back here in 60 days and tell me your arena rank now

I borrowed a Tardis and my arena rank is now #1 and hasn't fallen for 60 days! Thanks soo much for the advice!
    I doubt any of you have a fully maxed CUP. He is actually really good in the right team. Work on fully maxing CUP, Mob enforcer, Ugnaught, nightsister intiative, and U'rrorrororugh, then come back here in 60 days and tell me your arena rank now

I dunno...
    That team is gonna have a bad time versus my Chewie (L), Greedo, Jedi Consular, Nute, and Lobot...

I dunno...
    That team is gonna have a bad time versus my Chewie (L), Greedo, Jedi Consular, Nute, and Lobot...

My team of general veersL, stormtrooper, nightsister acolyte, JKG, and nute Gibran will win.

#strongWhaleSquadAlert
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • I didn't finish my GW after a week or so of breezing through it then tackling a very tough team in the last few nodes. This time it seemed I got 20+ Horrible seeds on every node after 4. However I know how confirmation bias works so can anyone either confirm my confirmation bias or confirm a ramped up difficulty?
  • Node 12 for me was Palp(L), Shore, Baze, B2, 5's. Fully maxed with the sickest mods of course. Difficulty even worse than before for me.

I don't mind difficult. I do mind sinking unreasonable amount of time in to the only reliable source of daily resources the game offers. The rewards are garbage for the time sink involved.

I didn't finish my GW after a week or so of breezing through it then tackling a very tough team in the last few nodes. This time it seemed I got 20+ Horrible seeds on every node after 4. However I know how confirmation bias works so can anyone either confirm my confirmation bias or confirm a ramped up difficulty?

• anyone know the updated numbers on what you need to get easy nodes 12 ? my arena team is 45.617 and my top 5 add up to 47.893 and I've been getting fully developed squads on node 12 for 2 days in row now.
  • I liked the easy GW after the Zarriss bugfix.
    It was good while it lasted.
    Should have been made permanent, to lower the barrier to entry for new players.

Checkmate whales

Amen

If that's the case then why did they make the game free in the first place? Clearly the freemium model makes the most money for EA. FTP players aren't ruining anything. That being said, nobody should be complaining that they aren't in the arena top ten if they haven't paid anything for the game. And the flipside to that coin is EAs pricing model which makes no **** sense. You shouldn't have to pay hundreds to be competitive. Unfortunately right now the game takes very little skill, just lots of cash to get the meta.
  • I liked the easy GW after the Zarriss bugfix.
    It was good while it lasted.
    Should have been made permanent, to lower the barrier to entry for new players.

My guildmates saw this but I never did. I got greeted at node 12 with Jyn Erso (L), Baze, Barriss, Cassian, and General Kenobi. All level 85, all 7* (except Kenobi who was "only" 5*), and modded to the teeth. If anyone has suggestions on how to beat that, I'm all ears.
  • I solo'd it today with my 7* G11 fully modded out Magmapooper

Checkmate whales

Would you be P2W if there wasn't a bunch of us F2P scum for you to feel superior to? If there was no advantage to be gained from paying would you do it? It's a choice, if the devs wanted everyone to pay they wouldn't have made the game free to play. I am not discouraging you from paying at all, in fact thank you for paying so I can be a FREELOADER!!!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    funs over in fact i did not get 3* nodes at all
  • Kyleslater
    438 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    dstelma wrote: »
    Why even bother having this forum if EA doesn't even bother replying? A conversation involves two parties. This is all one sided.

Not true. We have the trolls that come in and say they can beat it every time even with not getting struck some times lol.

I think they might actually be telling the truth. Given how reliably I have too hard nodes I suspect that someone else must be getting all my easy nodes.

Also another day with no gw completion.... Probably will make it to 4 months without completing...

4 months, forreal?
    Who do you use?
    Problem is I did pay to win on sth, luminari, mace and jinn. Two of those are tanks and put me way higher on power then I can feasibly kill. For reference those are all 8k-9k power. I only have 2 dps over 8k the rest are near 7k and I don't feel like doing pay to win quite so much after failing miserably at it last time.

2-4 months seems reasonable time frame to farm up gear for 3 toons that had no gear at all to start with. (Wiggs and Leia because I tried to resist the wiggs bandwagon for too long).

Basically I am starting to wonder if those struggling did the same thing as me. Over gear tanks and leave dps to the side with next to no gear. It seems that gw is easy if your top 5 are top rate attackers and a royal pain in the **** if your top 5 are primarily support/tank. This is still a balance problem but one that can be avoided by gearing the correct class of hero. If you screw up as badly as I did it can be a huge chore to undo the mess.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Here are my 2cents on F2P and P2W.

Most big publisher games you pay a flat amount of about $60 for a new game (I use PC and don't own a console). In this game $60 gets you a few pieces of gear, refreshes, and a few characters. In the grand scheme of things that is very little, and you find yourself spending much more just to feel competitive for top 10 in arena. It's a constant uphill battle to keep up with those spending hundreds or thousands on this game. Being smart about character combinations, investment, and strategy is great and all, but you won't be able to feel like you can keep up to those that do that on top of spending hundreds and thousands, and if people spend that much on the game then they are likely going to put the time and effort to strategize well. In these games the top players always get the best rewards, making the uphill battle even more uphill. The desire for these rewards is a big incentive to spend a lot of money for people. This is why PVP is such a big focus. It's all part of the business model.

Before choosing to invest in a freemium game these are all things you should be aware of. Some people can be satisfied with top 100 in arena. Others aren't satisfied unless they are top 5. Decide where you fall. Personally I joined an older arena shard (level 30+ players on my first day), which was bad luck on my part and decided to hold off on looking things up till I saw more of the game and figure things out for myself as that is how I find it fun. I spent a little bit at the start to get new characters, but then when I joined a good guild and got more competitive I began spending more, and have racked up at least a few $100. I also started a new job a couple of months ago so that helps too.

Personally, I do best with games that are subscription based as it levels the playing field for everyone. Unfortunately, those seem to be few and far between these days as companies tend to go for a freemium business model. And, the side effect for freemium based games is the grind. Oh, the grind gets very frustrating, and causes me to spend a lot more than I originally allowed myself to.
  • For some reason, my Galactic War is now impossible to complete...half way through I am going up against teams that all the toons are higher gear levels than any character I have. I used to only not complete it about once a week, now I have not been able to complete 5 days in a row. Is this a glitch that will be fixed?