Disappointed in Recent Events

Finnien
24 posts Member
The last few weeks have been bleak. The jedi event was boring and got cancelled, the scoundrel event was worthless, we've got a week without any event whatsoever, and on the 4th there's an event that you have to be 75+ to participate in, which I'm not. I feel like there need to be more events, even if they're recycled, and no event should be restricted to only endgame players, because that just means a longer void for the rest of us. Events are usually the highlights and driving forces of games like these. So far, I'm very much not impressed.

Replies

• The Jedi Event were very good, but like you said they got canceled. This scoundrel only event is too limiting for the severe lack of rewards. Sure it's an immediate 1 million credits, but only if you spent nearly 10 times that to be able to auto your way through the event. The rewards needs to be a lot more since you have to put so much into the toons. Before you keyboard warriors attack me again there are only 2 scoundrels that are worth anything outside of this event and 1 of them is highly debatable and the other is OP and highly likely to get nerfed.
  • I'll be frank, the Assault Battles: Forest Moon event is ****. 1st, they need to stop suggesting general levels and start suggesting gear levels and/or squad power. 2nd, don't waste 10 mins of my time through 7 easy rounds only to destroy my squad with **** enemy buffs. Do a proper gear check at the door - mmo 101, mobile 101.
  • Heh, dont slander ewok event. It perfectly does serve its purpose - first, it introduces group of OP teddybears (as those constantly-on-turn elders that can revive 20k+ oneshotting scouts are nothing else) all people will want to have, and second, it forces you to use non-healer team of droids slash limited number of imperials. So, one half of players will spend trying to get higher lvl and gear for droids, and the other half will spend trying to get such ewok party for themselves. Too bad ea does not tell them their toons will not be even close as OP as those bosses...
  • CT666
    8 posts Member
    Over the last couple of weeks I've abandoned working on the toons I really want in favor of boosting a bunch of Scoundrels that I couldn't care less about.

After farming for shards and pouring credits and gear into them I find my ramshackle bunch of scoundrels can't get halfway through the first tier Scoundrel Event so my effort has been totally wasted. Why wasn't there an entry-level tier that would at least give beginners a chance to earn something? Who knows.

Now we have a Droid/Imperial event. Having stopped working on a couple of droid toons in order to build up my Scoundrels I now find my scrappy imperial/droid squad is nowhere near strong enough to get through this new event. :/

I guess the lesson here is - don't waste your time trying to build up for any of these events, just keep working on the toons you want and hope that eventually an event will come along that you can actually field a decent team for.

The only winners in all of this are the people with a vast array of 7* toons who can happily put together a squad of any type of characters. The 1% can earn a few million more at every event with the battles running on Auto and wonder what everyone else is whining about.