Sthan Lead with RG

Have you seen it on your shard? Who are the other 3 in the groups you have seen? Is it viable to compete for #1? or is it mainly a defense only squad

Replies

• I got that at my last GW node today.
    It was really...painful
  • @vincentlondon do you recall who were the other 3 in the composition?
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    If geared high enough, it can be solid. Guy on my shard uses Rey, QGJ, and GS along with the 2 tanks. Don't recall him even dropping into the 20s.
  • @Ronon_Dex was thinking it could be a good squad
  • I use that squad and finish on top of my server
  • @TheRealBobBelcher Yea, it seems to perform decent enough on defense. The thing w/ using 2 tanks is it forces you to focus on them before the hard-hitters (e.g. Rey). There's always the option of focusing on Rey first and hoping you stun Han before he can taunt, but doing so can be risky.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    I run that team and routinely fall into the teens, sometimes twenties, on a December leaderboard that with only one non-f2p character in the top 20 (two if you count a 6* Grievous).

STH (L), QGJ, RG, GS, Rey. Everyone level 80, max gear, and abilities omega'd except for RG at g9.
  • @Daezl do you find it easy to beat teams on offense, with giving up 1 spot to a tank that normally is a dps spot?
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    It's not really a problem with Rey, QGJ, and GS in the mix. I only don't finish first if I'm not around to deal with snipers. I usually focus QGJ first because ST Han generates so much TM while he's taunting. At max gear, he can he often survives an entire fight. I might play around with replacing either him or RG with Leia once I finish her up, but honestly I have plenty of killing power to take down some pretty tanky teams in way less than five minutes.

I will say that I prefer running Daka in RG's spot on offense, but I definitely fell farther in arena on a daily basis when I did.
  • I've been working on DAKA, thinking of doing a phasma lead with her in it... I enjoy having daka in a group, she def can be a game changer with her stuns
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    I've been working on DAKA, thinking of doing a phasma lead with her in it... I enjoy having daka in a group, she def can be a game changer with her stuns

@TheRealBobBelcher I use Phasma, Daka, Rey, QGJ, Han. Works great imo (omegas on Daka/Rey/QGJ basics)
  • What about STHAN L, rg, daka, rey, and gs/leia/some other dps?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    What about STHAN L, rg, daka, rey, and gs/leia/some other dps?

@TheToddfather
    It entirely depends on your server. I would highly advise against ST Han as a leader on a mature server unless you are running a high HP team.

The defense gains >50% are worthless. ST han gives damage up below 50%, but if it's someone like Rey/GS/QGJ then they will more than likely die before that becomes useful. Someone like 5s benefits way more because of his high hp. A 50% hp 5's will still take several hits (and several counter attacks back!) while buffed.

ST han also does not grant dodge, meaning your enemy is guarenteed to hit you with nearly every attack, making your weak toons weaker (Rey being incredibly squishy).

It can be viable to have ST Han as a leader, but you won't see that on a mature server. Especially since ST Han himself is squishy for a tank and often dies long before his turn can begin, or he is just stunned into oblivion by an RG because of low resistance.
  • LHF1024
    20 posts Member
    I run ST Han lead with RG, Daka, Rey, and QGJ and finish #1 on my server on most days. All are maxed gear and Omega except for RG who is missing one stun gun, Daka who is a scanner away from gear X, and ST Han who doesn't have his primary Omega'd. I rarely drop out of the teens on defense and win most of my offensive matches without losing a single member of my team.
  • Stormtrooper Han lead with Royal Guard and the two best DPS (Rey, GS) and a Swiss Army knife (QGJ) is not bad. I'd much rather play against Old Ben lead (w/Rey, RG, STH, QGJ) on my servers than the guy that runs this team on my server. Obviously Old Ben instead of another DPS makes it defensive, but in the Ben team once Rey is dead you've pretty well won, not so when GS is still hitting you up rather than Old Ben.

On either encounter it depends on whether their RG is targeting your QGJ an excessive amount or not, because when that happens, your done for. The team won't work with out Rey, though, just letting you know. I've tried it without her and it can't put out enough damage. Don't ask why I don't have Rey...really late to that party and have just given up on it. Not putting in the effort to grind her at this point.
  • It's an OK team on my server, but not strong enough to be at the top anymore. We used to see some of those but now everyone is geared so high, the only way to pull out a win on defense is if you luck out with your evasion lead.

It was nice when we got a bunch of phasma, ackbar, and STH leads trying out their teams. Now it's back to dooku/old ben for evasion RNG. The one stubborn guy who continues to run his STH lead team gets dropped to mid twenties-thirties daily.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @StormTro0p3R_H
    Old Ben with an Omega GS who gains 50% TM when he crits (almost always) and gains TM when he dodges? GS > Rey on that team, by FAR.

Played against an OB, RG, Rey, GS, Phasma.

Weird combo for sure. GS got almost 3-4 full turns before I even got to take my second turn. GS went before my RG and crit (tm gain). Tried to stun GS to prevent the assist but missed, he gains TM and goes. Crits, gains tm and goes again, Phasma buff, GS goes and gains tm.

It's pretty brutal.

I've fought numerous ST han led teams (even with RG's on them) and I have only lost maybe one toon. The lack of dodge ensures I can kill han before his turn, then I just slow dps their gs/rey/qgj to 60% then burst for the kill (bypassing RG taunt).

Things only get out of hand vs. crazy good Phasma lead procs or insane dodges by dooku/old ben leads.

Since I main Dooku, B2 droid teams are one of the few things that really light me up.
  • @Toukai I use Phasma and GS with other turn meter tomfoolery in my main squad. On offense, I use QGJ instead of GS a lot of the time, but QGJ on defense is not as good as GS on defense for me, so the power of GS is respected.

The strategy with the STH & RG teams is to force you to deal with Han first. If your team can, then of course you will steam roll those teams. If you can't, you'll end up taking out a DPS like Rey and then be playing a tricky game of remove the taunt, if your QGJ isn't being stunned or killed. But yes, GS is a threat in those cases as much as Rey, but harder to kill...

But to the OP's main point: on offense (which is what really matters) this team can do everything you want because when you control your guys and random strikes "weaken" your team to yellow, you get to quickly clean up. On offense, I don't see how this team could lose at all. Lots of teams could beat this while it's defending, but what would stop it while you are on offense (so what team with random AI could beat this thing?)
  • Yadda_123
    187 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Tired of seeing the ridiculous cookie cutter teams with Rey, RG and Daka infecting the Arena and GW lately. Almost everyone flocks to the broken meta teams and it's making the game a serious bore.