Dengar

darthnoobage
182 posts Member
edited July 2016
You've just released dengar and he doesn't work properly. Tenacity down doesn't work as it says it does. It supposedly means the target can't resist negative status effects, that is what it says it does. Right now, in reality, dengar can't be resisted applying his tenacity down, but effects you apply once the target has tenacity down can be resisted - I.e. The tenacity down effect doesn't do what it says.

Is this an error? can we expect tenacity down to make negative status effects always stick

obviously this is the crucial fact in whether or not to farm him for the rancor so can you please let us know what tenacity down actually does so we can know whether or not to farm him

As time is of the essence since you can buy on average 5 shards a day for the deng (although I was refreshing before I found out this was buggy) please can you just let us know quickly whether you intend for tenacity down to work as it currently does or for it to make all negative status effects stick

EDIT: Thread title changed to remove reference to developers

Replies

• Options
    A spell which makes it impossible for every spell to resist would be pretty ridiculous. Common sense tells that tenacity down should only lower it. I don't know which intern made the in-game description.
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    A spell which makes it impossible for every spell to resist would be pretty ridiculous. Common sense tells that tenacity down should only lower it. I don't know which intern made the in-game description.

Likely the one who is way more ashamed of it than the devs. (I don't have a problem with CG, just giving some love for interns.)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know which intern made the in-game description.

Probably the same one that "tuned" GW and "fixed" Teebo.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I don't know if it would be OP in arena, but either way its description says that it's supposed to make all negative effects stick, but they don't.. We need to know, and all the other descriptions seem accurate
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know if it would be OP in arena, but either way its description says that it's supposed to make all negative effects stick, but they don't.. We need to know, and all the other descriptions seem accurate

What's his speed like?

It's not even that unreasonable if he's going to go last anyway...
  • Options
    I know the game has its problems but I didn't make the thread to moan about teebo and GW I made it to moan about dengar please keep it dengy
    eldredpe wrote: »

What's his speed like?

Terrible, one of the slowest. Yoda would probly see him off pretty easily regardless
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I know the game has its problems but I didn't make the thread to moan about teebo and GW I made it to moan about dengar please keep it dengy
    eldredpe wrote: »

What's his speed like?

Terrible, one of the slowest. Yoda would probly see him off pretty easily regardless

For arena it doesn't seem that important then I guess. Would obviously need tweaking in other modes (raids) if it really stuck ALL status.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be OP in arena, at least not with current debuffs and his low speed.

If he trys to apply tenacity down after Yoda did tenacity up what happens?

Everything I've heard says the tenacity down always sticks so it'd overwrite it?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    SWHS wrote: »
    It wouldn't be OP in arena, at least not with current debuffs and his low speed.

If he trys to apply tenacity down after Yoda did tenacity up what happens?

Everything I've heard says the tenacity down always sticks so it'd overwrite it?

Maybe Tenacity up and down would just cancel out? It stinks tenacity down isn't functioning the way everyone expected because it would totally fix thermal detonators for scoundrels, and everyone who tries to use thermal detonators complains they need a fix...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. I was hoping to use dengar with Phasma. Victory March to guarantee tenacity down.
  • Options
    Yodas tenacity up would stay, at least that's what happens with all other effects when you apply their reverse, then it would change to tenacity down if Yodas buff runs out before dengar's debuff
  • Options
    But seriously we need some word from devs on what tenacity down is supposed to do, it says one thing and does another and is crucial to the character
  • QGJesus
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Why do all these new characters have some sort of bug? Thought we had a test server
  • Options
    DbCYs0K.jpg

His ability reads that nothing can be resisted
  • Options
    DbCYs0K.jpg

I've had someone resist the effect with that on
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that tenacity down mechanic is supposed to be 100%. But who knows. I'm still farming him. I had fun using him in scoundrel event. He'd only delay farming JE, but my droid team is still a ways from being viable anyway.
  • Options
    Exactly - yet plenty of stuff is resisted.

Is that your Han solo chilling over ther?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Exactly - yet plenty of stuff is resisted.

Is that your Han solo chilling over ther?

That would be an ally actually, unless your talking about the Han Solo in the stormtrooper disguise because that one would be his character
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DbCYs0K.jpg

And the words 'resisted' came up? Otherwise it would be the character that attacked and not the potency/tenacity that decided if the device stuck because the majority of toons don't have 100% chance to apply detrimental effects and that has nothing to do with tenacity. I've been testing it here now and so far it seems to be working as described
  • Options
    Yeh yeh it said resisted, I tested it with sidious. Really annoying, I hope we hear from someone
  • Options
    DbCYs0K.jpg

And the words 'resisted' came up? Otherwise it would be the character that attacked and not the potency/tenacity that decided if the device stuck because the majority of toons don't have 100% chance to apply detrimental effects and that has nothing to do with tenacity. I've been testing it here now and so far it seems to be working as described

Yes, resisted came up on the screen
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't know which intern made the in-game description.

Probably the same one that "tuned" GW and "fixed" Teebo.

+1

"Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Since someone tested with Sidius that says it all.
  • Options
    i know you are moaning about teebo and other stuff but in reference to saying it was an intern who wrote the wrong description, i think it could have been a mistake - tenacity up resists all status effects and tenacity down could do the opposite. The fact that it lands 100% is also strange as no other debuff does that
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse sorry to be one of those guys but let us know if you could
  • Options
    I had someone resist Cad bane stun glove with tenacity down from Dengar was bull.
  • Dizzle
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Rotor wrote: »
    Since someone tested with Sidius that says it all.

LOL