Drop rates on purple gear in LS/DS

HokieFiend
445 posts Member
edited July 2016
I've seen some people claim that drop rates for purple gear are the same across the board for purple gear on any LS/DS node. Does anyone know if this is true or have devs provided drop rates? I'm trying to get mk8 blastech weapon mod salvage prototype mats and am curious if there is one node better than the others in terms of drop rate.

Spent about 200 energy on 5H normal LS and got 2 drops which seems pretty abysmal

Replies

• IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Drop rates seem to get lower on higher level gear, but I can't seem to find any formula. Sometimes I'll get 0/10 sometimes 4-5/10. Would be interesting if anyone knows more.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Purples drop around 20%
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    20% is correct.

The problem is perception. If you get 2 on your first two runs, then 0 on the next eight, people think the system is busted even though that's exactly 20%. Similarly, if you do 100 and get 0, that doesn't mean the system is busted, it means each independent roll of the dice came up beyond 20%. Play and dice-based RPG long enough and you'll see exactly what I mean.

From my own experience, when I was farming the purple stun cuffs (mk3?) I was getting a ludicrously high drop rate and was very, very happy. Now that I'm farming the purple mk3 item that looks like a dog tag or TV remote, I'm getting a ludicrously low drop rate and am very, very frustrated. But it all evens out with a large enough sample size.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'm farming stun cuffs and other items and I believe for it to be 20% but that's still really low think about it . 2 out 10 is very low , and it takes forever to farm one item that you need 50 of.
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    They've been utterly abysmal for me lately, especially the stun cuffs. Thank god I rarely use my 50/50 refreshes for those, otherwise it would be cheaper to buy shipments (which I'm sure as **** not doing).

But I think NicWester nailed it and over time, the drop rate seems to cut close to 20% so it appears it's working as it should.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    At higher gear level i get purple materials very slowly. Talking about MK6 ect items.
    I have went over 250 energy and getting only 1-2 purple items. This is just not giving motivation in long run because at higher gear level you need even more items combined.