1 vs 0 damage in a raid?

We've had some guildmates get squished by the pigs in a couple recent raids. In those battles they've done 0 damage, but sometimes it gives them credit for 0 damage, and sometimes it gives them 1 credit.

Anyone know what causes the discrepancy?
You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not totally sure about this... but from what I've seen you only need to hit that Battle button to get participation credit, and it will always be at least 1 damage, this is probably a feature added just to allow people to get on the leaderboards for rewards or to show whos active and who's not during the raid
  • Options
    It the pity point to show you at least made an attempt. You'll be at the bottom of the rankings when the raid ends, but unlike the people with 0 who didn't make an attempt you'll get a reward.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    We've had some guildmates get squished by the pigs in a couple recent raids. In those battles they've done 0 damage, but sometimes it gives them credit for 0 damage, and sometimes it gives them 1 credit.

Anyone know what causes the discrepancy?

That's a good question and I have noticed this too, not that it makes a difference in overall damage. In phase 4 of heroic when I go into battle with my last remaining toon just for fun (EK for example), he obviously gets OHKO by the Rancor and the damage sometimes shows up as 1 and other times its 0.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    It the pity point to show you at least made an attempt. You'll be at the bottom of the rankings when the raid ends, but unlike the people with 0 who didn't make an attempt you'll get a reward.

Actually if you don't participate in the raid, your name doesn't show up at all. OP is referring to something different.
  • HeroOfCanton
    447 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Someone just sent Chewie in, who died before taking an action, and got one point somehow.

Edit: and one guildmate tried cade bane on two separate occasions where he died before getting an action. One time got 0, the other time, 1 point.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Options
    ive also had it both ways, get trashed before doing any damage at all, and sometimes you get 0, and sometimes you get 1.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    it depends whether the rancor scratches his hand or not when he squishes your toon... ;)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    If you hit the door with rancor using an auto and then get killed you get 1 damage. Heard from others that taunters after taunt also get one damage.
  • starwarsisgood4u
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Do you remember if you received the raid rewards +40 when you were marked with 0 dmg?

I am asking because we have guild mates that only have one character that can get into a T5 raid and I would to be able to tell them that they will get something for trying.
  • Options
    Do you remember if you received the raid rewards +40 when you were marked with 0 dmg?

I am asking because we have guild mates that only have one character that can get into a T5 raid and I would to be able to tell them that they will get something for trying.

Yeah. Even if they do 0 damage, as long as they make an attempt, they get on the leaderboard.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Everyone who gets an actual score of 0 gets rewards. If you make a run, and are on the board you get ranked and get rewards.

If you don't make a run, you're not on the board and don't get rewards.

We've had several people end with 0, and because of the way rewards depend upon RNG, have even gotten full pieces of raid gear.

Not sure what causes 1 vs 0 dmg. But it's not the door because we've had that happen on P1 too.