If you are not farming Ewoks for the next event you are making a huge mistake

The first event - Empire Assault - rewarded us with Empire shards for a Rebel/Clone comp against Empire toons. Now, we are using those Empire shards (with droids) against Ewoks for Ewok toons. It stands to reason that the next event will have us using those Ewok shards with another faction against a DS enemy for that enemies' shards.

Ewoks are some of the hardest farms in the game. EE and ES have only two nodes, one of which costs 20 eng. Chirpa only has one Catina node. Teebo is very east as he is GW. However you are looking at a long road for EE and ES so better get started soon.

The question than is who the Ewoks would be paired with. Rebels of course are the natural choice but we already had those (doesn't mean we won't again) and the devs are trying hard to get us to have well rounded rosters. So it stands to reason it would be a different faction. My guess is Resistance for two reasons:

1) The are the LS faction with the largest remaining base (and most players do or should have Rey); and
2) Ep. 8 working title is "Space Bear" (really)

Jawas are possible but there are only three of them and JE is not all that easy to have at 7* right now (although many do).

So now that we think that the next event will be Ewok/Resistance the question is who will they go against? The answer is First Order for FO shards. This sets up event #4 as FO/+1 (NS? Sith?) vs. Resistance for resistance shards.

If you are a better man/woman, this is a pretty decent road map for future events if you want something to farm and are looking for a head start. Of course, I could be completely wrong but ultimately we will probably see events from every faction so it will likely work out in the end.

Thoughts about this theory?

Replies

• Paxoxo4
    47 posts Member
    Good theory.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Isn't that the other ewok challenge that first came out on IOS only? Use ewoks to fight empire?
  • good theory. I am trying to calculate now If it is worth investing in completing the event. can those who did it post their squad composition.

I have
    Vader - G7 - Level 57 - 4stars(but can make 5 with 250k credits)
    IG-86 - G7 - Level 62 - 6stars(but can make 7 with 1mil credits)
    IG-88 - G4 - Level 38 - 3 stars
    HK-47 - G3 - Level 17 - 4 stars
    RG - G10 - Level 80 - 7 stars

Some insights please. Thank You.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Too small of a sample size to draw a definitive pattern from.
  • good theory. I am trying to calculate now If it is worth investing in completing the event. can those who did it post their squad composition.

I have
    Vader - G7 - Level 57 - 4stars(but can make 5 with 250k credits)
    IG-86 - G7 - Level 62 - 6stars(but can make 7 with 1mil credits)
    IG-88 - G4 - Level 38 - 3 stars
    HK-47 - G3 - Level 17 - 4 stars
    RG - G10 - Level 80 - 7 stars

Some insights please. Thank You.

Sorry to say, but it looks like you have to pass on this one.... I used
    HK47, 6* lvl70 G8
    IG86, 7* lvl70 G8
    IG88, 4* lvl70 G8
    RG, 6* lvl76 G9
    Vader, 4* lvl60 G7
    I really struggled and have only been able to beat it 3 times (after hours of trying) on tier1 so far. Your RG has an advantage over mine (especially regarding potency to stun the EEs) but I doubt that it is enough. I believe that my setup is the absolute minimum regarding lvl and gear to beat it
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

I had pretty much the same theory but I do agree with Aero here. There's only been two events so it's hard to say there is a definitive pattern here. Luckily enough, since the iOS ewok event, they have been my pet project so I should actually be well prepared for the event if/when it comes around.
  • Aero wrote: »

You math geeks sometimes just have to rely on common sense more. This is all theory crafting. The point is to make an educated guess. That's all this is. A guess. But if you have to bet on something you use what you know and do the best you can. I absolutely could be wrong but even if so, having Ewoks and their TM control is not a bad thing anyway.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    That would be nice
    Teebo maxed out
    EE max G, omega basic
    ES just needs a disc, omega basic
    CC needs a scanner and a disc for GX, no omega
    I think I'm prepared for it :smiley:
    unless they want Ugnaught as the 5th :confounded:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    That would be nice
    Teebo maxed out
    EE max G, omega basic

I'm sure a lot of people do have ugnaught just because he shows up a lot, but could you imagine the outrage from the people who never bothered to unlock, level, or gear him?
  • sying wrote: »
    That would be nice
    Teebo maxed out
    EE max G, omega basic

I'm sure a lot of people do have ugnaught just because he shows up a lot, but could you imagine the outrage from the people who never bothered to unlock, level, or gear him?

I'm not sure what faction Ugnaught would fit into. They are anti-droid but not necessary Empire/Sith or Rebel. They are just sort of - there. That said I refuse to farm him so if an event requires him, I guess I'm SOL.
  • We should keep this in the back of our heads and if you're on the money for the next event then I'd say we're onto a winner
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Imo they are the easiest farm after update. Raid shipment = easy (took me 1 month ee from start to finish) Cantina farm = easier GW = easiest ever.

It's only Scout that takes time but if you really want him just do 2x and the refresh them.
    sying wrote: »
    That would be nice
    Teebo maxed out
    EE max G, omega basic

I'm not sure what faction Ugnaught would fit into. They are anti-droid but not necessary Empire/Sith or Rebel. They are just sort of - there. That said I refuse to farm him so if an event requires him, I guess I'm SOL.

Next raid is said to be against droids so I guess that's your loss. :)
  • ubn87 wrote: »
    Imo they are the easiest farm after update. Raid shipment = easy (took me 1 month ee from start to finish) Cantina farm = easier GW = easiest ever.

It's only Scout that takes time but if you really want him just do 2x and the refresh them.
    sying wrote: »
    That would be nice
    Teebo maxed out
    EE max G, omega basic

Next raid is said to be against droids so I guess that's your loss. :)

The next raid or the next assault event? For either one, can you please provide a link to where this is discussed?

I thought the next raid was again AT-AT anyway...maybe instead of Gamorean Guards we will have Wampas!
  • Aero wrote: »

For some type of logical "proof", sure, but he's making a "best guess" here. 'Do you think this pattern is good enough for a "best guess"?' is a completely different question than do you think this pattern offers "proof."

Something to think about:

-Rebels at the time of the event had 6 "easily" farmed characters. Clones had 1.
    -Scoundrels at the time of the event had 5 "easily" farmed characters.
    -Empire has 3 "easily" farmed characters. Droids have 4.
    -Ewoks only have 2 "easily" farmed characters. One of which is useless outside of having at least 3 Ewoks on your team. They should be paired with another faction with a lot of "easily" farmed characters, but there aren't any left besides Nightsisters and that just doesn't make sense. Resistance is the only original Light Side faction to pair them with, but they only have 2 "easily" farmed characters as well.
    -Nightsisters and First Order afterwards and then we are tapped out on factions.

So yeah, eventually to participate in all events you'll need 1-4 characters from every faction.

Depending on who the Ewoks are paired with, I'm definitely sitting that one out. And I'll likely unlock Han Solo before Yoda...and I'm happy about the choices I've made to make it that way.

• CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Good theory bro.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Poor jedi faction, lost and forgotten.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Let's look at another event also.
    The re-occurring yoda event has "training" in the title for a reason. It requires us to prepare a complete 7* jedi team for a reason. I assume a really important event will occur, after these "faction war" events, that will require either yoda as leader or a maxed jedi team. **** Maybe even Yoda lead with 7* toons from each of the past events who knows.

I'm guessing Mega Sith event with palpatine/snoke/plagues boss that unlocks whichever one it is.

Theory-crafting is fun.
  • I can't do this current event at all. My empire toons are a mess. I couldn't do the last one either. My scoundrels are also a mess. Nor will I expend resources in them.

Better luck next event.
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    The first event - Empire Assault - rewarded us with Empire shards for a Rebel/Clone comp against Empire toons. Now, we are using those Empire shards (with droids) against Ewoks for Ewok toons. It stands to reason that the next event will have us using those Ewok shards with another faction against a DS enemy for that enemies' shards.

Ewoks are some of the hardest farms in the game. EE and ES have only two nodes, one of which costs 20 eng. Chirpa only has one Catina node. Teebo is very east as he is GW. However you are looking at a long road for EE and ES so better get started soon.

The question than is who the Ewoks would be paired with. Rebels of course are the natural choice but we already had those (doesn't mean we won't again) and the devs are trying hard to get us to have well rounded rosters. So it stands to reason it would be a different faction. My guess is Resistance for two reasons:

1) The are the LS faction with the largest remaining base (and most players do or should have Rey); and
    2) Ep. 8 working title is "Space Bear" (really)

Jawas are possible but there are only three of them and JE is not all that easy to have at 7* right now (although many do).

So now that we think that the next event will be Ewok/Resistance the question is who will they go against? The answer is First Order for FO shards. This sets up event #4 as FO/+1 (NS? Sith?) vs. Resistance for resistance shards.

If you are a better man/woman, this is a pretty decent road map for future events if you want something to farm and are looking for a head start. Of course, I could be completely wrong but ultimately we will probably see events from every faction so it will likely work out in the end.

Thoughts about this theory?

Spot on, I think and hope you are correct