What will player level 90 change exactly?

Allenb60
2171 posts Member
edited July 2016
So lately raising the level cap has been a hot topic, but what would it change? My guess is;

-More Achievements
-Daily activities and rewards
-New maximum stats for the characters at higher levels
-All level 8 abilities unlocked for all characters
-Gear levels, maybe even gear level 12 for some characters
-Challenge levels (possibly)
-Events with higher level requirements
-New game modes unlocked (possibly)
-New dark side, light side, and cantina battles could be fitted in
-New characters would without a doubt be adjusted to level 90 unlike previous ones

It would be a lot more content than what has been released recently and even if only half of this stuff was added would still be an update not to be taken lightly. If the maximum player level were to be increased to 90 what would you like to see from it, and if I missed anything in my list what could also be added?

Replies

• Ships.

But to be honest I hope they wait a little longer for the next cap. If not, then at least adjust the credit sink so it's not as steep as it currently is. Nearly 300k per character to go from 79-80. Ridiculous.
  • Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    Unless they drastically reduce the amount of credits needed to level up or increase 5 fold the amount we can currently earn a level cap raise would be silly, especially when the people claiming they are bored and "love" the grind would consume the content in a matter of days and be back here on the forums asking for more.
    I fight the good fight
  • I feel like raising the cap to 90 is way too soon. The credit crunch is unbearable at the best of times. As soon as you get the credits they're gone. Unless they plan to lower credit costs or increase credit rewards it'll just make players quit.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    None of that is "new content"
  • The biggest change is that it would decrease my enjoyment of the game. Game scope needs to expand outward (as they have been doing with events, scoundrels, etc), not upward.
  • The biggest change is that it would decrease my enjoyment of the game. Game scope needs to expand outward (as they have been doing with events, scoundrels, etc), not upward.

+1
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Very little, I'm guessing.
    • The gear grind will get harder and more tedious
    • The time for F2P to catch up to P2W will be longer
    • QGJ and Rey will get Gear Level 14, everyone else will be stuck at Gear Level 12

Other than that... Pretty much same ol', same ol'
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Asic wrote: »
    None of that is "new content"

I'm not sure what you mean by that but new characters and new abilities would be since they would directly change combat, I just want everyone to sort of be aware of what an increase to level 90 would change
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Wait, why is anyone talking about Level 90 in a non joking fashion? If we don't have at least 2-3 months and another raid before level 90 this game is dead
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Cosy wrote: »
    Any one who loves this game won't pay to play because it's those people who pay that are making this game unbearable. Level 90 is absurd and to be frank quite unfair to anyone who isnt turning over gobs of cash to be number one in a game that is rapidly becoming ****.
    I swear to god if will kill anyone who suggest this garbage again. Go find another game to Ruin

No one here is suggesting that it should be increased, even if it never happens this is just supposed to be speculation of what how level 90 would be different from the current maximum, level 80
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    There's zero basis to make the assumption this is coming any time soon. How or why did this become a hot topic? Was it just one too many "Please don't do this!" posts that got everyone worried? Every other time they raised the cap, they gave us a decent heads up beforehand and we haven't even had that re: going higher than what we have now... so why all the fuss? Doesn't seem close at all.

Heck if anything making these posts about it is just making them think about it more and more... =P
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Naecabon wrote: »
    There's zero basis to make the assumption this is coming any time soon. How or why did this become a hot topic? Was it just one too many "Please don't do this!" posts that got everyone worried? Every other time they raised the cap, they gave us a decent heads up beforehand and we haven't even had that re: going higher than what we have now... so why all the fuss? Doesn't seem close at all.

Heck if anything making these posts about it is just making them think about it more and more... =P

This post was supposed to be indifferent to that argument, I was hoping people would discuss possible features that would be added by level 90, not whether it will happen or not. If the dev's wanted feedback about whether players wanted level 90 to happen or not wouldn't they show what would be changed and players could give their opinion based on that information?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Chances are solid 85 or 90 increase comes when they decide to introduce a new raid that rewards new items tied to those level tiers.

Until that happens I think we're in the clear.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Cosy wrote: »
    Any one who loves this game won't pay to play because it's those people who pay that are making this game unbearable. Level 90 is absurd and to be frank quite unfair to anyone who isnt turning over gobs of cash to be number one in a game that is rapidly becoming ****.
    I swear to god if will kill anyone who suggest this garbage again. Go find another game to Ruin

Uhhhh.... I spend money on this game and I do not want a cap raise for a really really really long time
  • let's just let this rest till it's actually an issue...I already had to close another thread that went downhill fast and this one is heading there as well I can see.
This discussion has been closed.