Beware of the lingering guild members...

Amorgan
94 posts Member
edited July 2016
With this post I want to address a really annoying, but commonly used 'exploit' in the raid system - not so that it is taken advantage of, but so that it is fixed for the good of all players.

So, as I understand it, the idea behind adding Raids to the game is so that a Guild of players can work together as a team to achieve a common goal and win awards based on the individuals 'damage' participation. We all know that.
We also all know that the raid is split into 4 stages; 1 piggy stage and 3 rancor stages, each with increasing difficulty to get maximum damage points...... or so I believe was the original idea. I suppose what I am trying to get at (without sounding like wuss) is the vast difference in potential damage points between the piggies and the first rancor stage. It is much, much easier to score points against the rancor than it is with the pigs, sometimes 3x more.
Some of you might say I haven't got the right squad for the pigs, which might be partially true, even though I have 12 7-star characters. The point remains however, that I as a player can currently choose to sit back and wait for my other team members to take out the pigs before I swoop in and do 3x more damage against the rancor, thus putting me in a higher position up the leader board than I should be and getting better rewards than those who actually deserve it. I don't personally do this, but I have noticed many on my guild who do and it is very frustrating.

I would like EA to do something about this clear exploit as it is currently making the raid system unbalanced. In an ideal world, the potential for damage points should decrease with each subsequent stage as the difficulty increases. As it is currently, the hardest stage is at the start!

This brings me back around to the title of this discussion- Beware of the lingering guild members! If they haven't participated in the piggy stage, they are most likely waiting for you to complete it for them because they secretly suck at this game.

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Please do not call out Devs in post titles. Also, Please try not to throw around the term "exploit"

As for your premise, Phase 1 can be the highest damage round if you play it correctly. :)

Thanks
  • Well, in all seriousness, get a good p1 squad and you'll dominate and have all the time in the world to retreat. My guild can't get enough p1 action. Up to ten guildmates will hit p1 for over 1m damage (heroic). Retreat more than a couple times and it can be into p3 or p4 by the time we get out of p1.
  • Amorgan
    94 posts Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Please do not call out Devs in post titles. Also, Please try not to throw around the term "exploit"

As for your premise, Phase 1 can be the highest damage round if you play it correctly. :)

Thanks

Point taken, shouldn't call them out

There is probably a way of playing the pigs so as to score good damage, my point however Is that if you used the same squad against the rancor (after waiting for your guild members to get the pigs out of the way) you will more than likely score more points.

I would be intrigued to know what team, if any, can score more damage against the pigs than the rancors
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Yea, unfortunately, phase 1 can be solo'd!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    IMO there is nothing wrong with waiting till the phase where you can do your best damage is open. For some that will be P1 for others that will be P2 or P3.

If the raid keeps as it currently is, IMO you will be left behind by waiting on P1 to finish. 700k and greater is very easy to achieve in T7 P1.
  • Used to think along the same lines as op. Then I got my highest ever single attempt score against the pigs.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Amorgan wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!

Thanks

There is probably a way of playing the pigs so as to score good damage, my point however Is that if you used the same squad against the rancor (after waiting for your guild members to get the pigs out of the way) you will more than likely score more points.

I would be intrigued to know what team, if any, can score more damage against the pigs than the rancors

There are tons of posts around the forum about soloing P1 or coming close
    P2P team Teebo (l), Elder, QGJ, Phasma/5's, Rex
    F2P team Teebo (l), Elder, QGJ, Phamsa/5's, Chewbacca/Scout/Tusken Raider/Chirp a

Easily over 1M with either of those teams in P1.
  • This is an exploit? It sounds more like laziness.
  • My T6 guild actually prefers when people wait until P2 to attack. It maximizes their damage if they don't have a decent P1 squad to deal the Guard/Brute and apply TM removal to the captain. By waiting and letting some of the heavy hitters take out P1, everybody scores more damage overall and our guild gets closer to beating T6 before reset.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    You need to find a guild with quality leadership commanding a responsible group. Ours is a particularly f@cked up bunch of miscreants. But what we lack in well mannered etiquette, we make up for in empathy. always looking for ways to level the playing field (from the million+ producer to the slummer in the toilet) despite the off suited 2,7 this game dealt us.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    If you hang around long enough, you will find that eventually most will want to do P1 because it has the highest potential for damage and not P2 as you so firmly believe now. Eventually, you will find this thread quite ironic. Oh, but you do need the right squad for P1.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    A guildie of mine just broke 2 million on heroic pigs...game, set, match.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Thanks

Guys in my guild solo the pigs on heroic, getting ~ 2 million damage in one attack. They usually use Teebo, QGJ, Ewok Elder, Rex and Jawa if I am not mistaken.

Those who can cook the bacon get the top spots in most raids.

You are right though if your guild is struggling with the pigs then the people who wait get more damage in.
  • The real problem is when guild members solo p1. I'd watch out for those guys first because their the ones hording the top rewards
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I see no problem in waiting out P1 if you aren't built for it. There are likely members of your guild built better for P1 than they are P2-P4. The only issue would be if you are deliberately hiding against your guilds requirements. And they may not even have any.

Like you said, the raids are to be a team effort. If your assistance to the team is to beat on the rancor.....then beat on the rancor. I usually try to get 1 team in for P1 (2 if I time retreats and RNG is in my favor), then hop in whenever my time suits me for the rest. Happy hunting.
  • You have an opportunity to become the P1 king if you can farm your team before someone else.

Getting 1 Mil+ damage in one attack against the pigs pretty much solidifies a top 3 spot if no one else is even close to having the same team.

In my guild, you won't get top 3 unless you can hit the piggies in P1.
  • Uneducated post. P1 is where you score Most points
  • quite the opposite I can get a few mill on the pig stage and chill for a while through P2-3 if I wanted and still in the lead..
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Arryn_Ren wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!

As for your premise, Phase 1 can be the highest damage round if you spend enough money to have the right characters:)

Thanks

I fixed it for you.

I am one of these lingering players. Why? Simply because I am luckily if I get in more than 4-5 attacks on the main OP pig. The Rancor I can actually help out with.

You don't have to spend. My guild has some ftp that have a killer P1 team, may not solo it but even the P2P don't always solo it. RnG is killer and there is only 30 minutes to try.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited July 2016

So, as I understand it, the idea behind adding Raids to the game is so that a Guild of players can work together as a team to achieve a common goal and win awards based on the individuals 'damage' participation. We all know that.

You misunderstood. The idea behind adding raids to the game is to get people to buy more crystals for energy and to have players work against each other to score the highest in the guild dailies, as well as strengthening their teams to score more damage than their guild mates during raids. It's all about competition to generate revenue, not camaraderie or anything else.

And you can get more damage in Phase 1 by far. People can clear the entire phase on their own as well as part of phase 2 scoring over 2 million in one battle in heroic. It's poorly designed, tbh. No single person should be able to do this but it is what it is.

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Even I did just 20% damage to the pigs with Akbar L, Leia, Rey, QGJ, and Phasma and I'm in 8th place, 311k damage, we are only allowed to attach once in the 1st 24 hours and then its zerg.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Patman6632 wrote: »
    The real problem is when guild members solo p1. I'd watch out for those guys first because their the ones hording the top rewards

I've solo'd P1 Heroic and I can say I get better raid gear drops in 4-10. I don't remember getting full gear from top 3.
  • Am I the only one looking for the lingerie guild?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Am I the only one looking for the lingerie guild?

Nope
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Am I the only one looking for the lingerie guild?

Nope

Good to hear. We could use more lingerie and less debates.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Coordinate and rotate who attacks in which phase. It's not that hard. It's called "taking turns" - most of us learned about it in kindergarten.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    No joke, love me some bacon. Trouble is, they're always dead before I can even get a piece. Sad!
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Uneducated post. P1 is where you score Most points
    @TroutFett18
    Why you messing with OP's trolling?