Replace Chewie with....

I've been thinking about replacing Chewie on my arena squad and I've got four options. I know I could just try them all to see who works better but I don't have the resources yet to level and gear them all for that purpose. The other four current members of my team are:

6* Sid, 5* Luminara, 5* JC, 4* Dooku all level 58

My options to replace Chewie are:

4* Poe - Basically a better tank from what I've read
4* Phasma - She would take over leader spot from Luminara
4* Old Daka - Extra stuns/heals would be helpful but probably not best option
4* Vader - Just unlocked him, not sure how good he is

Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• Anyone? I'd like to give this a try with today's squad battles. Thanks!
  • Poe, no question. Fast enough to make a difference, super taunt side-effect.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Definitely Poe. That guy is an absolute stud.
  • I have Poe and I feel like he never dies.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Basically u can close your eyes an point at the screen and find a viable replacement for chewy in an arena team.

Tank + Arena = bad day for you when ppl atk you
  • Thanks for the replies.

I leveled Poe up to 55 and got him to gear level 6 and all his abilities to 5 (except leader). I'm not sure what to make of him. In the first battle he acted 2nd or 3rd but in the other 4 he went well after most of the other team. In all instances he was dead within a round or a little after from the start of his taunt. He's a little underleveled as my team is 58 but I wouldn't think that would be the main factor for his earlier demises. Is there something I'm missing?

I did manage to win all 5 squad battles moving from 179 to 95.
  • While Poe is the man when it comes to the tank, I recently just dropped tanks all together and in the arena I'm doing much better.
    Dmg + turn meter = wins
  • Peanut wrote: »
    While Poe is the man when it comes to the tank, I recently just dropped tanks all together and in the arena I'm doing much better.
    Dmg + turn meter = wins

I'll probably still play around with Poe but I can afford to bring up one more character. If I were to go tankless who would you recommend to replace Poe, Vader or Phasma (again my other 4 are: 6* Sid, 5* Luminara, 5* JC, 4* Dooku) or is there someone else I should consider that would be better matched with my current team?

• I feel like between dookus damage, sids dmg and antiheal, and your healzs, more of that wiuld be good. Go phasma
  • HamZolo wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

I leveled Poe up to 55 and got him to gear level 6 and all his abilities to 5 (except leader). I'm not sure what to make of him. In the first battle he acted 2nd or 3rd but in the other 4 he went well after most of the other team. In all instances he was dead within a round or a little after from the start of his taunt. He's a little underleveled as my team is 58 but I wouldn't think that would be the main factor for his earlier demises. Is there something I'm missing?

I did manage to win all 5 squad battles moving from 179 to 95.

I'm iffy on my Poe too. The 2 turn taunt is like a suicide button. You can't stop it, and he almost always requires a heal to survive his own taunt. So, poe's taunt is useless right now. At least chewie has that big self heal. My Poe is only 3* and level 47, so maybe as he gets up there he will improve.
  • It all depends how you run yor team really for example running 1 healer 1 tank (as a shield to soak up damage) and three high damage attackers is a good technique. I find that using lumi 5s sid ig86 and either one more tank or an attacker (I use bobba) real effective 8/10 I usually win. Especially when facing count dooku he can be a pain but like most player you leave him for last and I find that dooku does not stand a change against fives. Fives puts out a nice amount of damage for a tank and he has a lot of hp. I hope this helped
  • It depends on team you will be facing. Every taunt is useless if there is Asajj. I've same team as you and I replaced Chewie with Daka. I am satisfied for now, hanging in first 20 or max 50 in Arena. Nothing big, but for almost F2P player is a good placing I guess.
  • Poe I think in Arena is supposed to die. But if this taunt works, it exposes some of the enemies. Then with a high offence toon take either the healers or a game changer character like Kylo in the begnning. If you run two healers you can afford one heal for him. One of my friend runs Poe with Luke and Poggle. Poe exposes, poggle buffs offence, Luke does 2x damage to the game changer toon and boom, the game is all yours now.

The problem can sometimes arrise if there is a fast toon in the opposing team.

In GW, after exposing and kill, you can retreat on the second taunt.
  • Stormtrooper
  • Level up your dooku. Guy is an absolute monster when leveled and geared. Leave chewy as you tank. Then level up either did or Phasma for leader.
  • I don't know why people are so high on Poe. He is so easy to take out in arena.
    I've been thinking about replacing Chewie on my arena squad and I've got four options. I know I could just try them all to see who works better but I don't have the resources yet to level and gear them all for that purpose. The other four current members of my team are:

Thanks for any advice!

I went back and forth on Chewie and for GW he's useful so keep him around. For PvP, I've been using Phasma more as my lead now and she is definitely worth investing. But if you really need a tank, than Poe is the best one now despite some his HP issues. I have Poe and once I've geared him to 7, I'll take him for a spin in PvP with Poggle and Geo. Other real tanks and useful ones would include Boba too!

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct

Thanks for any advice!

Honestly, I feel like your strongest team would be:

Sid (leader), Poe, Vader, Phasma, Lumi. You could also run Phasma as leader.