Why am I being punished for your mistake?

Prev13
Vuroja
25 posts Member
edited January 2016
I just got a message in my inbox accusing me of being an exploiter and that action would be taken against me and a further warning of a permanent ban. I can only assume this relates to the vader bug. Weeks back i cleared my friends list out only to discover that it re added the achievements for gathering allies giving me an extra 5 to 7 vader shards, dont remember exactly. This was a fault on your part not mine, i had no intention of exploiting, your bug caused it. My vader is currently level 15 and completely unused. The only other thing out of the ordinary was over the holidays you dished out arena rewards twice for 3-4 days, once again this was you not me. Ive spent over 50 pounds on this game, ive done nothing wrong, and now im being punished?

Replies

• Options
    Who can i contact to sort this out mods? I fail to see how 5 odd shards is an unfair advantage let alone on a character i dont even use.
  • Options
    It would help if you posted a screenshot of your Vader.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't they warn only people with 6* or 7* vaders? If yours is 4*, it is probably an error.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Lol cmon dude. If all you did was get 5 extra shards you would not have gotten that mail. I accidentally discovered it by removing low level allies or allies that quit and replaced them with people in the higher tier of arena. I saw the achievement and recieved the shards. At that point I realized the exploit which was confirmed by a post on reddit. I didn't do it again. I received no mail. So I would bet you're telling a half truth and exercised the exploit. If I'm wrong I truly apologize. But not sure why I didn't recieve a mail being I had a few exploited shards.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    I stand corrected! At least you didn't exploit it. That shows a lot of character. Good for you man.
  • Options
    I'd say you should be ok.
  • Options
    What should i do? I dont want to get punished for something i dont even know how to do let alone have done.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I stand corrected! At least you didn't exploit it. That shows a lot of character. Good for you man.

Such an exploit isnt worth the effort imo. Either way ive got this message from them and who knows what this action they are taking against me is.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Wait and see, if the punishment is secere given that you didnt exploit it, open a support request.

If the punishment is not severe, then just ignore and keep up the good gameplay
  • Options
    I would think you should send your screenshot to EA and tell them what happened. This is the reason I'm not an advocate of ban everyone.
  • Options
    It's clearly a misunderstanding, you could send your pic to ea but knowing their customer service...doesn't look too well!
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    I would think you should send your screenshot to EA and tell them what happened. This is the reason I'm not an advocate of ban everyone.

I agree.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys, ill raise a ticket, surely they wont need a screen shot though as theyd have my info? I mean unless i could show my vader next to my player id it proves nothing i guess.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    As I said, that must be an error. Probably an automatic message sent to any one under certain parameters, such as having more shards than posible. Pretty sure that Customer support will help you, as any human being (instead of an automatic warning) will be aware that that's not an exploit.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    As I said, that must be an error. Probably an automatic message sent to any one under certain parameters, such as having more shards than posible. Pretty sure that Customer support will help you, as any human being (instead of an automatic warning) will be aware that that's not an exploit.

Thanks, i hope so. Really enjoying this game so far.
  • Options
    Vuroja wrote: »

Personally speaking, had I known about the exploit, I would have used it. It doesn't need any action on my part that is not allowed in game. What, I'll just be pressing a button in game, right?

I pray every day that I get double rewards anyway, so why wouldn't I press a button multiple times "in game" to get extra benefits? I don't have the princess, but if I had, I'd use her constantly. AFAIK, everyone having her uses her in spite of knowing she has a glitch. I see nothing wrong in taking advantage of a mistake the devs have made. Just as I see nothing wrong in me not getting any 4 star toons from all my Bronziums in more than a month of playing or getting beep from the multiple 8x Chromiums I foolishly purchased. That's just how the game was built.

Btw, the aforesaid is just my opinion. I don't judge others who want the exploit users punished/ banned. I would protest to EA if they punished me if I ever exploited a bug they coded in game and suggest they code better and get the cheats using third party unofficial apps on a higher priority.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Personally speaking, had I known about the exploit, I would have used it. It doesn't need any action on my part that is not allowed in game. What, I'll just be pressing a button in game, right?

I pray every day that I get double rewards anyway, so why wouldn't I press a button multiple times "in game" to get extra benefits? I don't have the princess, but if I had, I'd use her constantly. AFAIK, everyone having her uses her in spite of knowing she has a glitch. I see nothing wrong in taking advantage of a mistake the devs have made. Just as I see nothing wrong in me not getting any 4 star toons from all my Bronziums in more than a month of playing or getting beep from the multiple 8x Chromiums I foolishly purchased. That's just how the game was built.

Btw, the aforesaid is just my opinion. I don't judge others who want the exploit users punished/ banned. I would protest to EA if they punished me if I ever exploited a bug they coded in game and suggest they code better and get the cheats using third party unofficial apps on a higher priority.

Cheating in any form is not acceptable to me. I don't judge anyone that does but on a personal level in my opinion it shows a lack of character. If I succeed at anything its much more enjoyable that I did it myself with my own merit. I don't mind losing in a video game enough to stoop that low.

That being said I use princess but I also invested over a grand into the game for her to be high enough stars to compete. I think once she is fixed I won't ever use her so I am trying my best to get my moneys worth. It may be wrong to do so but it is what it is.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Cheating in any form is not acceptable to me. I don't judge anyone that does but on a personal level in my opinion it shows a lack of character. If I succeed at anything its much more enjoyable that I did it myself with my own merit. I don't mind losing in a video game enough to stoop that low.

Wait, are you saying that if I used a feature of the game, I'm a cheat? The devs may classify something as a bug, but anything part of an unmodified package is a feature.

Going by your statement, nobody should be playing the game! It's buggy and many are using the advantages of the bugs to the fullest! Since when did it become all right for devs to make buggy software and then ask paying customers not to use the bug to their benefit? I don't see them compensating me for all the times when their bugs are detrimental to me (as in when I lose to buggy toons or shards are not allocated properly).

You, sir, are entitled to your opinions as am I. Let's just not start confusing the difference between cheats who are knowingly using tools not made available to us by the devs and folks who are making the best out of what the devs have given us, for better or worse. Also, I'll be grateful to everyone if they don't insinuate I'm a cheat. As a competitive gamer my whole life, there's nothing more I hate than actual cheats. Bug exploiters, a frustration until I join the party, lol.

The ethics can be debated (for example the rates they charged for the Kylo pack or the buggy buffing of toons) or we can start calling all Princess users and such cheats too.

BTW, I bought the Kylo pack, lol! Also, I found your guides and the many tips on the game very helpful, thanks :smile:
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Please don't get me wrong I am not judging anyone. What people do with there game is there business. I was stating from my own personal gameplay I would show a lack of character by not earning my achievements with my own work. Nothing more.
  • Options
    Imagine how annoyed youd be getting your account flagged for stumbling across an exploit like this, choosing NOT to do it and still potentially getting punished. When its their fault in the first place!
  • Options
    Imagine how annoyed youd be getting your account flagged for stumbling across an exploit like this, choosing NOT to do it and still potentially getting punished. When its their fault in the first place!

I support you, this is unfair. If I was in you're position I would be upset as well because I too enjoy this game.
  • Options
    Please don't get me wrong I am not judging anyone. What people do with there game is there business. I was stating from my own personal gameplay I would show a lack of character by not earning my achievements with my own work. Nothing more.

Well, I didn't even think about the achievement part, just the reward. Come to think of it, I wouldn't want to get my achievements in game or irl without truly achieving it. Honestly though, I look at the achievements only when I get a notification that I've got some more Vader shards and other free stuff. For example, my priority is in getting my top toons better, who cares if I unlock a 8th DS character. I learned about the Play achievements not syncing from the forum and then noticed that the same thing has happened to me. So, maybe I wouldn't do it, but a 7 star Vader? As long as I'm not cheating...

I totally get your quoted statements and I agree. I took offense only to your earlier insinuations about me being a cheat or such. It's a big, big word for me. I accept your explanation, though, so it's fine. Like I said, big fan of your contributions to the community.

Sorry, guys, for derailing the thread, please carry on. Don't mind me, I'm just a fly on the wall with a strong affinity to the force :tongue:
  • Options
    Vuroja, there was an announcement that they were still looking into it to determine who really exploited it. I suspect they may take the extra 5 shards or whatever but I would not worry myself over it in your shoes that anything else will come.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    I personally don't like a policy that penalizes a user because EA didn't quality check their app. What they should have done was patched it immediately as they did and move on. If people took advantage, oh well.

With such a policy, what happens to those who received an extra bonus?? What about the reverse, I have Ventress at 6* and she's broken, where's my compensation??

Another thing that bothers me is, they can quickly patch the Vader issue in a day yet when the loss is on your end, maybe they'll fix it.

It's this double standard that made not buying IAP an easy choice. When you have a business that treats the user with disdain yet always protects it's own neck is not a business model any of us should support...
  • Options
    All this tells me is that everyone should be gifted a seven star Vader and no one should be punished. B):D Also, a year's subscription to Sultry Yoda Monthly.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    All this tells me is that everyone should be gifted a seven star Vader and no one should be punished. B):D Also, a year's subscription to Sultry Yoda Monthly.

Devs, you listening?
  • JerBu
    41 posts Member
    Options
    People using exploits to get an unfair advantage over me is 100% wrong. There is no grey area. There is nothing debatable. If you are taking advantage of bugs or loopholes or whatever it is you are making an excuse for, you know it's wrong, you know it's unintended, and that is it. Period.

Sick of people in all sorts of games making excuses for bad behaviour.
  • Options

I'll get behind that! Dat Yoda. Seriously, I'd settle for the high star Vaders being reset to 5* and everyone getting shards to 5* Vader. Won't happen, though.

• Options

Devs, you listening?

I'd rather have the Vader and the thousands of crystals they earned with said Vader.