Why am I being punished for your mistake?

Replies

• Baal
    602 posts Member
    If you only did it one time by accident I wouldn't expect any punishment. I started at launch, discovered it by accident a few days later and never abused it. That said, I didn't get an email.
  • JerBu wrote: »
    People using exploits to get an unfair advantage over me is 100% wrong.

Totally agree with that sentence. But that's the way the game is right now. The devs should stand up and stop these bugs and loopholes. It's unfair that everyone is getting all ethical and bringing out their pitch forks and notices against a advantageous bug available to everyone as opposed to advantageous bugs available only to the high spenders. Lead the march, JerBu! I'm with you! Let's get em all!
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    People who knowingly exploited this to advantage should have their app store notified that they were caught cheatin (to avoid refunds) and their account reset.
  • It's clearly a misunderstanding, you could send your pic to ea but knowing their customer service...doesn't look too well!

Capital Games, not EA.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • He posted his Vader, and he is right in what he says. Developers are really very busy. I am sure they must have sent the notes to those that claimed the award multiple times. They try their best to balance things and I am sure tou won't get punished. I'd pretty much leave the game if people like you start to get banned. Also, I wish there was a way to get rid of those whose primary motive for posting is getting as mich people banned. I don't treat players as enemies, and I allied most in my Arena, and would like to chat with them. Thebgame is stronger when the community is strong. I am also sure that thise that did the achiement 3 or more times, wouldn't cry fool when their benefits are taken away. They kind of expected that, and I assume punishment is going to be light, but not eccesive to please those that would only be happier with everyone stronger than them banned just by their sheer super-ethos that most likely isn't so.
  • I personally don't like a policy that penalizes a user because EA didn't quality check their app. What they should have done was patched it immediately as they did and move on. If people took advantage, oh well.

I am not sure you are grasping the concept of an "exploit". So you are saying if I found an exploit in Windows that allowed me to access anyone's bank account, I could transfer all the money to my bank account and not be prosecuted because bill gates should have quality checked his product first and I can keep the billions I steal without consequences? Pretty sure there are laws in place to prevent this...This is also why there are EULA's as they say if you are caught exploiting, the developers can take action against your account.

This being said, a 1 time action for 5 shards doesn't really fit the description of an exploit. The 6 and 7 stars were clearly doing this with intent to exploit and should be punished.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Vast majority of 5 star vader aren't legit either...fortunately it's pretty easy to cross reference shards possessed against challenges completed.
  • No, he seems to be saying that anything not forbiddennis allowed. Where's some ithers think that anything not authorized (or the equivalent) is forbidden. In interpreting this, he sayd fix it, because this would never happen if the achiement was designed to happen once. Why does it need to award every time you completely allies? Like a tax loophole, they need to be closed. And the only time anyone is punished is if you acted illegaly. The LAW in a game, is what the unaltered CODE allows. If tou find that with certain synergy no team can ever beat you. Might be a combination of synergies CH overlooked, you shouldn't be banned. Through an update they can fox it pretty quickly. Some game companies can release on a werkly schedule, all using DevOps and maturr continuous delivery / integration.
  • JerBu
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I would like to play this game for a long time. Cheating needs to be dealt with swiftly from the start or the game and the community wont be viable. Every strat guide would begin with "lean how to force stop your app" or "get Leia and auto win" or "delete all your allies daily for super rewards"

There is no community when cheating is accepted in any form.

And that being said. The developers also need to work faster to fix these loopholes.
  • Yeah, they need to fix whatever isn't intended. It alienates you. Also, the more people are punished by things they thought were ok (eg. Using Force Close, or always using Leia's bugged skills) the more damage to them.

So even if some may want a ban, or like me, I am happy if they just restore the balance and don't judge those that were lured by the bug that much, fixing whatever CG sees as not intended faster would help the community tremendously. Also, if there's any doubt if doing A or B is ok by them, I think clarifing that asap also helps, and then fixing it quickly.

Remember, the game may be about competing, but the people behind the game playing really is here for friends, entertainment and exploration. Not to alieanate it other. Like brother, you usually compete, but if you manage that well, the family benefits.
  • Yeah, they need to fix whatever isn't intended. It alienates you. Also, the more people are punished by things they thought were ok (eg. Using Force Close, or always using Leia's bugged skills) the more damage to them.

Leia's skill is definitely not bugged at this point.

• WhipiT wrote: »
    Vuroja wrote: »

Personally speaking, had I known about the exploit, I would have used it. It doesn't need any action on my part that is not allowed in game. What, I'll just be pressing a button in game, right?

I pray every day that I get double rewards anyway, so why wouldn't I press a button multiple times "in game" to get extra benefits? I don't have the princess, but if I had, I'd use her constantly. AFAIK, everyone having her uses her in spite of knowing she has a glitch. I see nothing wrong in taking advantage of a mistake the devs have made. Just as I see nothing wrong in me not getting any 4 star toons from all my Bronziums in more than a month of playing or getting beep from the multiple 8x Chromiums I foolishly purchased. That's just how the game was built.

Btw, the aforesaid is just my opinion. I don't judge others who want the exploit users punished/ banned. I would protest to EA if they punished me if I ever exploited a bug they coded in game and suggest they code better and get the cheats using third party unofficial apps on a higher priority.

Cheating in any form is not acceptable to me. I don't judge anyone that does but on a personal level in my opinion it shows a lack of character. If I succeed at anything its much more enjoyable that I did it myself with my own merit. I don't mind losing in a video game enough to stoop that low.

That being said I use princess but I also invested over a grand into the game for her to be high enough stars to compete. I think once she is fixed I won't ever use her so I am trying my best to get my moneys worth. It may be wrong to do so but it is what it is.

Quick question, you state that cheating in any form is not acceptable to you, however on this thread https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/43544/#Comment_43544 you state your comfort with people using the force close app trick to retry GW and falsely earn tokens to buy shipments. Surely that is an even bigger cheat than this?
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Force closing isn't even in the same ballpark as the vader ally exploit.
    Hours and hours of cyclical clicking and waiting and clicking. The time investment alone demonstrates malintent.

They should probably patch force closing or everyone will start doing it however.
  • I dislike the term "force closing". Makes it sound like some kind of Force power, like the ability to close a door. I think Force Push and Force Pull have that one covered. ;)
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Baal wrote: »

^^ This...

Personally I do not have any issues with force close since its all in almost all similar gameplay games that I have been playing for the past few years.

For me, it is a Save - Reload button in mobile games. It works perfectly SAME with save - reload while you played Pokemon in your childhood or other type of games with Save - Reload. It gives you chance to finish the mission if you can't do it in the first try.

Why people whining about it?
    1) They know about it and try to use it to complete their GW but still unsuccessful and asked for it to be ban so other people will be in the similar position with them (pathetic)
    2) They never play other games with force - close things
    3) P2P players want to get more advantages against F2P
    4) They do not like it when people win Gw with it but does not want to use it because it's not cool (helooooo)

I seen more BIGGER exploits glitch and bugs in other games and this kind of vader thing is still normal than those....

Please tell me a team that you can't defeat it with vader in the team?? (you must be jealous because you do not own 7* vader)...

I have 4* vader and not activated yet...
    Baal wrote: »
    Vast majority of 5 star vader aren't legit either...fortunately it's pretty easy to cross reference shards possessed against challenges completed.

This is very possibly if only 5*...once you get 80/80 vader, there MIGHT be a bug of people pulling vader from chronium (i think my younger brother told me once) then they will straight away use 80 shards to get it to 5*.... 6* and 7* are the one that is not possible..
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    You can pull small numbers of vader shards from bronzium and gcw, he's not available with chromium.

^^ This...

Personally I do not have any issues with force close since its all in almost all similar gameplay games that I have been playing for the past few years.

For me, it is a Save - Reload button in mobile games. It works perfectly SAME with save - reload while you played Pokemon in your childhood or other type of games with Save - Reload. It gives you chance to finish the mission if you can't do it in the first try.

1) They know about it and try to use it to complete their GW but still unsuccessful and asked for it to be ban so other people will be in the similar position with them (pathetic)
    4) They do not like it when people win Gw with it but does not want to use it because it's not cool (helooooo)

I seen more BIGGER exploits glitch and bugs in other games and this kind of vader thing is still normal than those....

Please tell me a team that you can't defeat it with vader in the team?? (you must be jealous because you do not own 7* vader)...

I have 4* vader and not activated yet...

This is very possibly if only 5*...once you get 80/80 vader, there MIGHT be a bug of people pulling vader from chronium (i think my younger brother told me once) then they will straight away use 80 shards to get it to 5*.... 6* and 7* are the one that is not possible..

Cheating is cheating. Are you doing something to manipulate the game to get the results you want? Then you are exploiting and cheating. Stop trying to sugar coat your cheating.

The sad thing is if you figure out how to retreat properly the force close is actually a waste of time. It is something people who don't know how to play the game do.
  • @d3gauss how manly is it to wait until you are dotted, taunted or ability block to artificially erase the other team's only chance at fair play - saving that syate along the way? I don't have delusions of manliness and I am at least not calling people things. I prefer to be ok with my own judgedgemnt and while I apreciate tou manliness, I don't like half the user base be called names all the time without at least vocing it out.
  • @Preemo_Magin you keep using that word manliness, I don't think it means what you think it means. Also I never said anything about that so yea, your post doesn't make sense.

Are you upset because you need to cheat to play at the same level as people who do not need to cheat? Are you an entitled little child who feels that they deserve the same progress as people who have figured out how to actually accomplish it within the confines of the game?

Learn to play, or just accept that you are a cheater and don't cry when someone calls you out on your cheating. Be proud, get a shirt that says "I kind of suck at things, so I cheat".
  • @d3gauss here's what it means. Not suprised you don't know it's meaning though. Enlish is my third languange btw, so I make mistakes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=define:manly

If your comments make you happy, kudos. May tou have a great day too!
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Cheating is circumventing the game's security settings. Benefitting on a bug that the devs hadn't fixed isn't cheating. If they're aware of it enough to send out warnings, but not fix it, that makes no sense. I will gladly benefit from their incompetence.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Leia is pretty much just as much a glitch as Vader... Well, kinda.

Seriously, everyone knows she's not working as intended (just like the achievements weren't working as intended) yet people still keep using her in her broken, cheap, state.

It's pretty ludicrous that a team that is VERY clearly outclassed by mine can have one toon that literally wipes out my team one by one over just a few rounds with glitched output that can exceed 10k.

How is that any different than using a Vader glitch that allowed people to have a 7* Vader that actually acted like a 7* Vader! Leia doesn't even act like a 7* Leia... She's like a 15* Leia. Seems like even more of an advantage.

Just saying, it kinda seems really similar to me. If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck... It's a duck.

CG/EA really needs to make it a priority to fix this stuff. I'm not sure the level cap raise is even that important at this point.

Edit: My TL;DR point here is simple. You can't say you are opposed to one exploit but not another regardless of the impact they have. For example, you can't be okay with Leia, Force close, etc., and not be okay with Vader. Every last one of them takes advantage of a flaw in the game that is well known is not working as intended and exploiting it. It's hypocritical. You either exploit or you do not exploit. Simple.
  • I think people play lottery, and get Leia...and she does what she does. Only Cg can say she is definitely wrong. I complain because she one shots everyone, and doesn't match the description. But I don't get ipset with whoever has and uses her even.

Exploit is something everybody does any time they open the game to play. Here's the definition:

Exploit: (verb) make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

^^ This...

4) They do not like it

^^ This...

^^ This...

For me, it is a Save .

Please lookup the definition of hipocrite. You have an excuse for your cheating and condemn his.

His allows to level 1 character. Yours allows leveling 10 characters. Dumbaas.
  • a year's subscription to Sultry Yoda Monthly.

Cmon devs. Make this happen!!!
    Hours and hours of cyclical clicking and waiting and clicking. The time investment alone demonstrates malintent.

They should probably patch force closing or everyone will start doing it however.

They are as equally bad and I hope they are able to find those who do it next and punish them, maybe by removing their GW characters.
  • This is exactly the point I tried to make in the Vader topic started by Jesse.
    @Vuroja I really wouldn't worry since that's not exploiting to a 7 star Vader right so no harm there. You just can't label everyone a cheater this way and that's why EA used caution when they said further actions will be made. It's just a chain message to people that showed as an abnomily on their sheets.

Anyway just relax, sit back and don't worry too much in the meanwhile.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    This is exactly the point I tried to make in the Vader topic started by Jesse.
    @Vuroja I really wouldn't worry since that's not exploiting to a 7 star Vader right so no harm there. You just can't label everyone a cheater this way and that's why EA used caution when they said further actions will be made. It's just a chain message to people that showed as an abnomily on their sheets.

I'd be worried there are threads on here of people getting scammed out of shards. Maybe they're lying, maybe they're not, but I definitely would be worried if I were him.
  • Vuroja
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    This is exactly the point I tried to make in the Vader topic started by Jesse.

Thanks for the reassurance, i just worry they will hand out a blanket punishment to all flagged accounts rather than checking if you ended up with a few extra shards or a 7 star vader.
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Vuroja wrote: »
    To be honest even those that did exploit it dont deserve a ban

Here is why it's pointless to post your perfectly valid opinion on these forums:

PBF020-Skub.gif
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"