Why am I being punished for your mistake?

13Next

Replies

• @d3gauss

So exploiting the force close isn't fair but Leia 1 shotting Lumi and all other 7* ranked is? If you lose 3 core characters because of a bugged toon and decide to reset, I wouldn't call that cheating.
    But people have different opinions about it. I do agree with you that (99% of times), setting up a B team and retreating is faster/easier.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @d3gauss

So exploiting the force close isn't fair but Leia 1 shotting Lumi and all other 7* ranked is? If you lose 3 core characters because of a bugged toon and decide to reset, I wouldn't call that cheating.
    But people have different opinions about it. I do agree with you that (99% of times), setting up a B team and retreating is faster/easier.

You know for a fact Leia is bugged? We are pretty sure she is bugged, but she could also be working as intended. What is more likely is that AI is bugged and has an increased proc and land rate on everything. If this is true, by your logic, it would be wrong to play the game at all.

Playing using the tools the developers gave you is never cheating, doing something that is possible just because no developer even contemplated you doing that ridiculous thing is for sure cheating. To be fair while I maintain it is cheating I don't think it is wrong, I think it just makes the people who use it an ****.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    All this tells me is that everyone should be gifted a seven star Vader and no one should be punished. B):D Also, a year's subscription to Sultry Yoda Monthly.

Devs, you listening?

I'd rather have the Vader and the thousands of crystals they earned with said Vader.

Since vader is virtually never really achievable and hes such an iconic toon (if not the most ever) i would be quite happy with them simply making the achievmants drop something else and tossing us all a vader for nostalgia and to lvl the field lol

But seriously, i think both points are valid.
    This was not player fault, the game was designed this way. Someone wrote the code that allowed this. I dont know hardly anything about technical stuff but if it happens, i think its cause it was made this way (even if by accident).
    I didnt do the exploit because is aw it as wrong to exploit it BUT i think thats a call we each must make and not player fault when the game was made to do it
  • @Vuroja did you get unbanned?
  • Vuroja
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Vuroja did you get unbanned?

So far ive only had a message saying my account is flagged as suspicious and action will be taken against me. It then says if i do anything else (i still dont even know what i have apparently done except the 5-7 extra vader shards on a lvl 15 character) i will be permanently banned. So god help me if i stumble across another one of their programming mistakes they leave unfixed for weeks. Ive still had no reply from support after nearly 24hrs (maybe they dont work sunday), I shouldnt be being punished at all.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Baal wrote: »
    Force closing isn't even in the same ballpark as the vader ally exploit.
    Hours and hours of cyclical clicking and waiting and clicking. The time investment alone demonstrates malintent.

They should probably patch force closing or everyone will start doing it however.

They are as equally bad and I hope they are able to find those who do it next and punish them, maybe by removing their GW characters.

no wonder your name sounds like terrorist...just comment something negative if you already be able to finish GW first....until then you keep your "suggestion" by yourself...

find those who do it??? hahahaha....almost everyone who can finish GW daily do it...you sound like a bitter hater because you can not do what we can....whine dude whine...
  • Baal wrote: »
    Hours and hours of cyclical clicking and waiting and clicking. The time investment alone demonstrates malintent.

They should probably patch force closing or everyone will start doing it however.

They are as equally bad and I hope they are able to find those who do it next and punish them, maybe by removing their GW characters.

no wonder your name sounds like terrorist...just comment something negative if you already be able to finish GW first....until then you keep your "suggestion" by yourself...

find those who do it??? hahahaha....almost everyone who can finish GW daily do it...you sound like a bitter hater because you can not do what we can....whine dude whine...

Oh I'm sorry, did I touch a nerve cheater?

I'm sure many will not appricate you assuming that those whom finish GW resort to cheating. Believe it or not but some of us don't need to cheat on games to win and find it more enjoyable to play the game as it should be played. But I don't expect a cheater like yourself to understand that.
  • Mittens wrote: »
    I personally don't like a policy that penalizes a user because EA didn't quality check their app. What they should have done was patched it immediately as they did and move on. If people took advantage, oh well.

I am not sure you are grasping the concept of an "exploit". So you are saying if I found an exploit in Windows that allowed me to access anyone's bank account, I could transfer all the money to my bank account and not be prosecuted because bill gates should have quality checked his product first and I can keep the billions I steal without consequences? Pretty sure there are laws in place to prevent this...This is also why there are EULA's as they say if you are caught exploiting, the developers can take action against your account.

This being said, a 1 time action for 5 shards doesn't really fit the description of an exploit. The 6 and 7 stars were clearly doing this with intent to exploit and should be punished.

Clearly, there's a big difference in stealing someone's money vs. Taking Vader shards in a video game.

They used to call these errors "Easter eggs" back in my day, a way a developer wrote off errors in a game, some purposefully put in place as well. He's only one character, EA could have let it go and added a Vader shipment in one of those new tables and selected a new character to take Vader's place in the Achievement section...
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016

I'm sure many will not appricate you assuming that those whom finish GW resort to cheating. Believe it or not but some of us don't need to cheat on games to win and find it more enjoyable to play the game as it should be played. But I don't expect a cheater like yourself to understand that.

lmaooo a cheater...hahaha...please INVESTIGATE ME 24/7 If you want, I do not mind at all...and you need to open your mind about word "cheats" and "Cheater" since you do not really understand those two real meaning...I am so sorry you could not finish GW, being in top 3 or even ranked #1 or have a good synergy team characters even though you spend a lot of money.....hahaha pathetic human being....
  • Mittens wrote: »
    I personally don't like a policy that penalizes a user because EA didn't quality check their app. What they should have done was patched it immediately as they did and move on. If people took advantage, oh well.

I am not sure you are grasping the concept of an "exploit". So you are saying if I found an exploit in Windows that allowed me to access anyone's bank account, I could transfer all the money to my bank account and not be prosecuted because bill gates should have quality checked his product first and I can keep the billions I steal without consequences? Pretty sure there are laws in place to prevent this...This is also why there are EULA's as they say if you are caught exploiting, the developers can take action against your account.

This being said, a 1 time action for 5 shards doesn't really fit the description of an exploit. The 6 and 7 stars were clearly doing this with intent to exploit and should be punished.

Clearly, there's a big difference in stealing someone's money vs. Taking Vader shards in a video game.

They used to call these errors "Easter eggs" back in my day, a way a developer wrote off errors in a game, some purposefully put in place as well. He's only one character, EA could have let it go and added a Vader shipment in one of those new tables and selected a new character to take Vader's place in the Achievement section...

+1.... The explanation Mittens gave us really give me a headache...really???omg man there is something really wrong with you then comparing EXPLOIT BANK ACCOUNT in REAL LIFE with this VIDEO GAMES....

its two **** different scenarios even though it might looks similar.....I would love to explain it you but i believe your brain is too small to understand...
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Who's they?

My day started with the c-64 and since that time Easter eggs have always been intentional messages or undocumented functionality.

Unintentional errors can not be referred to as Easter eggs, provided you're making an attempt at an honest conversation.
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2016

lmaooo a cheater...hahaha...please INVESTIGATE ME 24/7 If you want, I do not mind at all...and you need to open your mind about word "cheats" and "Cheater" since you do not really understand those two real meaning...I am so sorry you could not finish GW, being in top 3 or even ranked #1 or have a good synergy team characters even though you spend a lot of money.....hahaha pathetic human being....

Yes cheater, a cheater, which you freely admitted in your previous post, feel free to reread what you said and you will see it. That is if your reading skills are better than your writing skills, which are beyond abysmal. I pity you, that you need to resort to cheating to be able to win, perhaps in the future when you've grown up a little and learnt how to play you'll have no more need to cheat. But until then, you're a cheater, such a shame.

Yes cheater, a cheater, which you freely admitted in your previous post, feel free to reread what you said and you will see it. That is if your reading skills are better than your writing skills, which are beyond abysmal. I pity you, that you need to resort to cheating to be able to win, perhaps in the future when you've grown up a little and learnt how to play you'll have no more need to cheat. But until then, you're a cheater, such a shame.

Sure...I am a cheater if it can makes you happy little guy...Now, you can sleep happily but please do not bomb my car tomorrow...

Sure...I am a cheater if it can makes you happy little guy...Now, you can sleep happily but please do not bomb my car tomorrow...

Further proof that you're a kid who needs to grow up. Making jokes and remarks about bombings in the current world climate where people actually are falling victim to such and have lost loved ones, is highly insensitive and inconsiderate. But I'm not surprised about this as you clearly lack any sort of morales cheater.
  • Any mod able to comment/look into this? My vader clearly shows i was a victim of a glitch rather than an exploiter. No reply from support for over 24hrs now. I love this game, have paid to support it and have not done anything to give myself an unfair advantage whatsoever. Help a guy out?
  • d3gauss wrote: »

Playing using the tools the developers gave you is never cheating, doing something that is possible just because no developer even contemplated you doing that ridiculous thing is for sure cheating. To be fair while I maintain it is cheating I don't think it is wrong, I think it just makes the people who use it an ****.

On my tablet force close is a tool as much as the retreat option. In your opinion it is ridiculous but that's still your opinion. I'm all up for hotfixing this but as people said before, it's in every similar game where its obviously not a problem and it apparently can't get fixed. Gl with the witch hunt.

• Ohw and @terrorize89 dont try and belittle players as @thisgameisdope. People just don't like to be labeled which is something you are clearly doing. Especially lowering yourself to talk about a persons morals is not making your arguements look any better..
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Ohw and @terrorize89 dont try and belittle players as @thisgameisdope. People just don't like to be labeled which is something you are clearly doing. Especially lowering yourself to talk about a persons morals is not making your arguements look any better..

So you're willing to defend someone who clearly labelled himself as such, and who labelled everyone else as such if you read his posts. The same someone who goes on to make terrorist and bombing remarks? Yeah, forgive me if I don't take heed of your post on this occasion.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Further proof that you're a kid who needs to grow up. Making jokes and remarks about bombings in the current world climate where people actually are falling victim to such and have lost loved ones, is highly insensitive and inconsiderate. But I'm not surprised about this as you clearly lack any sort of morales cheater.

Accuses me "a cheater" because I was using force close that is not a real "glitch" (likes vader shards glitch and other things) and already popular in other games with similar game play makes you try to look smart but sadly you are not. - Please understand more the world of glitch, cheater, exploit, consequences, unexpected circumstances and cheats before make solid arguments about any cases related to those words.

You try so hard to corner me by using the word "bomb". I can see a person who is really persistent with " Follow the book rules" and never "think out of the box" which all arguments about this glitch and other things, if its not fits into your perspective are clearly and definitely wrong whatsoever FACTS given.

I am so sorry if I as F2P player hurt your pride of P2P / P2W player since you are not be able to be better than my team or some other teams in your server in every aspects ( You will talk about the force close again without considering other aspects that makes other people team better than you, sure go ahead Hero)

Stop arguing with this guy, since you will always be a loser in his mind and he is as one and the only right guy with correct arguments. You must be a very sad person to other people, if not an **** to others.

ps: this guy is so persistent with his arguments because he can't finish GW even with force close, can't get to top 10 and have a good synergy team.

• I think they did an error there. Your Vader is 4* not one of the ones they intend to punish. I'd send a **** to EA Jesse and see if you can get some help that way.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Who's they?

My day started with the c-64 and since that time Easter eggs have always been intentional messages or undocumented functionality.

Unintentional errors can not be referred to as Easter eggs, provided you're making an attempt at an honest conversation.

I am a bit troubled by your username, and the tones and name calling as I mentioned elsewhere. As a "professional" game journalist, I wouldn't be expecting you to be alienating an entire userbase while at the same time posting how EA milks userbases, and remark about how you could write bad things that can destroy games. I think you are completely wrong, and hope CG clarifies if people can restart a battle or no, to see if the can battle again honestly as opposed to a retreat that artificially undos the enemy team special, buffs, debuffs and blocks.

But in the meantime, let's protect this thread which is about communicating short term Vader action, and announcing it's fixed and that additional action may be taken.