Well That Just Happened... Droid Shortage Over Credits

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
edited July 2016
For the first time, I have more credits than droids. The recent credits boost from the Ewok event has left me with more credits to spend than I can. I have a few guys coming up which I'll be able to star to eat up some of the cash but when it comes to leveling I'm not a great deal short on droids compared to how much I can actually pay for. It's certainly a better problem to have than the reverse, it just never happened to me before.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
Post edited by Yudoka on

Replies

• StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    I am almost there myself. Down to under a thousand droids. I suspect next week I'll run out. Going to be a weird feeling.
  • Ditto. Who would have thought you could run out of training droids! :)
  • Lillegre
    253 posts Member
    I want Luke's training droid... only took him 1 to go from L1 1Star to L80 7Star!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    StarSon wrote: »
    I am almost there myself. Down to under a thousand droids. I suspect next week I'll run out. Going to be a weird feeling.

I'm currently down to several thousand but those don't nearly do much. I have a level 66 Rey and only enough droids to get her to level 73, leaving me with an extra 100k and I still have to do GW today, get arena, payout, get my dailies payout, and another 4 days of the Ewok event.

I'll have a few million to blow getting my 5's and Chewie to their 7's star in a few days but that's still won't eat up my credits by that point. I guess I'll finishing staring my Yoda (1.5m) and my Biggs (2m). But even then, I'll still have credits left over by that point.

So unless they give us a nice XP droid event, I think from now on I'll be chasing droids rather then credits to use them. Really weird.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    :(
    I'm still struggling with first part of the event.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Youthv2 wrote: »
    :(
    I'm still struggling with first part of the event.

Yeah, a lot of people are. I happened to be focusing on droids before the event and have my HK, 88, and 86 nearly maxed in all. They make the event really easy. I'm able to pretty much auto both tiers. Same team also makes the current GW pretty easy.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Yudoka wrote: »

I'm currently down to several thousand but those don't nearly do much. I have a level 66 Rey and only enough droids to get her to level 73, leaving me with an extra 100k and I still have to do GW today, get arena, payout, get my dailies payout, and another 4 days of the Ewok event.

I'll have a few million to blow getting my 5's and Chewie to their 7's star in a few days but that's still won't eat up my credits by that point. I guess I'll finishing staring my Yoda (1.5m) and my Biggs (2m). But even then, I'll still have credits left over by that point.

So unless they give us a nice XP droid event, I think from now on I'll be chasing droids rather then credits to use them. Really weird.

I went the other way, so only have about 1k, but they're all t4 or higher. Either way, I'll be right there chasing droids with you in about a week.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yudoka wrote: »

I went the other way, so only have about 1k, but they're all t4 or higher. Either way, I'll be right there chasing droids with you in about a week.

I have a feeling a lot of players will soon be in this situation and we'll have a reversal on complain threads to "Droid Drought!" lol
  • I can't get past the 4th battle in the first stage. I never went after 47. My 88 and 86 and RG are 7* and worthy but my Vader is only around L60 or so and the rest are truly scrubs for that 5th spot. Credit crunch is very real for me and I am certain there are many more in my boat. I guess 47 has to be on my radar now but he's at least 3rd on the list for me. Leia and Ackbar are in front.

Also, is Magmatrooper actually any good? I was reading many negatives about him earlier so I stopped farming him shortly after he came out in Galactic shipments.
  • Just tried again using the directions someone gave off here. Everyone dead after 5th battle this time. Maybe next time or a few next times as it is going to take forever to get 47 worthy enough for this.
  • Kurgath
    61 posts Member
    Yeah, same thing I started noticing a few weeks ago, now I'm sitting on few millions of credits and no training droids.
  • SithAuno
    39 posts Member
    There is always one resource that is the bottleneck.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    james2266a wrote: »
    I can't get past the 4th battle in the first stage. I never went after 47. My 88 and 86 and RG are 7* and worthy but my Vader is only around L60 or so and the rest are truly scrubs for that 5th spot. Credit crunch is very real for me and I am certain there are many more in my boat. I guess 47 has to be on my radar now but he's at least 3rd on the list for me. Leia and Ackbar are in front.

Also, is Magmatrooper actually any good? I was reading many negatives about him earlier so I stopped farming him shortly after he came out in Galactic shipments.

Magmatrooper is trash right now. Don't bother with him unless you don't have anyone else you'd rather get from GW. Even then, I'd rather get more shards of someone I already have for conversion in the shard shop for those occasional Vader shards or someone else I'm actively working on.

HK-47 isn't that great on his own (very low damage compared to 88 and 86) but as a leader if you have his lead ability Omega'd, he's pretty amazing. His Omega leader ability gives your droids +50% TM up on crit. And it's for each instance of a crit. So when HK or 88 AoE and get at least two crits (which they pretty much always will with all the crit bonuses), they'll get to take another turn again.