dengar raid team - tenacity down explained

darthnoobage
182 posts Member
edited July 2016
currently working on dengy, any predictions on how i will fare with teebo, qui-gon, chewie, phasma, dengar on T7? Will Dengar be worth it for raids or better off with elder/scout/someone else?

Edit: dev update: tenacity down means that regardless of potency/tenacity there will be the minimum of 15% chance of resist.
Post edited by darthnoobage on

Replies

• KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Could work only thing worries me about dengar is his potency seem quite low :(
  • giggsy
    88 posts Member
    I'd even drop phasma for ewok scout or elder. Dengar can give the speed down. Theoretically his low potency doesn't matter because you can always just reset early on if tenacity down doesn't land. After it does its gg
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    KingPin wrote: »
    Could work only thing worries me about dengar is his potency seem quite low :(

Potency doesn't matter - Tenacity Down can't be resisted.
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    77% with a scanner isn't too bad, his tenacity down procs 100% which is a bug i think but we don't even know if it actually affects tenacity at all. Vs rancor we can just retreat for RNG too
  • I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad at max it's 77%. Teebo at max is 80% so not a lot of difference and if the tenacity down works the potency is effectively increased by default...
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • giggsy wrote: »
    I'd even drop phasma for ewok scout or elder. Dengar can give the speed down. Theoretically his low potency doesn't matter because you can always just reset early on if tenacity down doesn't land. After it does its gg

i was thinking this - together to ensure always speed down or maybe dengar can just do it enough alone. only 50% dance, but for 3 turns is pretty big actually
  • actually i think we just got devs word on this - apparently it lowers chance of resist to the minimum of 15% regardless of potency/tenacity. do toons with huge potency vs low tenacity usually get resisted 15%?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50708/tenacity-down-negative-status-effects-still-getting-resisted#latest
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    My testing seems to indicate that level difference has a role in the min resist formula as well. 15% seems about right vs same level enemies. However the resist rate seems to go up when the attacker is lower level that the target. This is relevant since the heroic rancor is level 90.
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Use kit for potency up
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    mccif16 wrote: »
    Use kit for potency up

Unfortunately that won't make any difference. The added potency will not overcome the base resist. The tenacity-potency relationship looks to be independent of the base resist which may be level difference dependent.