A List of Suggestions

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited July 2016
Hi. I was thinking a little about this game today and its issues and thought of a few ways I'd like the game more. I'm not saying that I think these changes are above fixing bugs or whatever, but I wanted to put these out there to get people's thoughts on them.

Make a Platform-Wide Arena
I'm advocating a new mode in addition to the current shard arena. First I must say, the shard system is cool and has it's benefits. Its nice to think its actually sorta feasible to be the top in arena, and don't have to immediately stare up at a skyscraper of old players standing stories above you. But there's downsides too. The shard system is harsh, if you miss a week or a few days you've lost some valuable time/placement. You feel obligated to keep spending your time or whatever at the arena, almost like it's upkeep to keep your place. You also never get to stare down. When new players join, you don't really get to see them, you don't really get to compare yourself to them. On top of that with the current shard system, you play the same players over and over again, with nearly the same teams.

I think a platform based arena has the negatives of very high ceilings, but the positives of the feeling of a vast and varied game world while allowing someone who maybe isn't the most competitive in their shard, but wants to feel like they are still getting something from growing, to feel that way. Even a casual F2P can slowly grow in rank in this arena and feel like they earned something from their work, because they have more than the (now relevant) new players. Of course, I still would like to keep the shard system in addition to this, so new players can be number 1 somewhere too.

Use Dexterity Instead of Flat Dodge Percentages
I'm not exactly against dodge in concept, but I thought that the current system feels a little un-immersive. Its weird that someone who maybe is extremely agile, like say Yoda, has just as much of a chance to hit Dooku as someone like.. Gamorean Guard. So I think a way funner system would be for one of the main stats (AGI, INT, STR, for most characters probably AGI, for some maybe INT) to affect a new stat, dexterity, which is then compared to the targets dexterity and then used to determine hit chance. You guys have likely seen a stat like this in RPGs or whatever. Of course I'm not asking for anything game-breaking; I don't exactly think Yoda should dodge the stormtrooper more often than not. I'm also okay with this not following the lore exactly, idc if General Veers has pretty high dexterity. I just mean that more dexterous characters can have a slighty higher chance to hit and slighter higher chance to avoid. Something like Dooku or Luminara's Leader abilities could easily be changed to a multiplicative "Dexterity up" and result in some more convincing and fun dodge percentages. For example, Royal Guard naturally has.. 100 Dexterity, so with a 15% buff to dexterity he has 115, whereas Yoda had 140 so he now has 161. Dexterity down could work the same way.

It should be more Rewarding to Build Wide.
Galactic War, Squad Events, Challenges, and sort of Raids are all meant to reward building wide (ie, working on a lot of characters not just Arena team). But I don't think they do a good job of it. The problem is that while building wide you don't get enough rewards to actually support building wide. If you focus on your arena team only, you'll be able to focus on them reasonably because the crystal reward is very substantial to the goal. If you focus on many characters, you'll find you're gonna have a really hard, and mostly unrewarding time doing that. Events often don't reward well enough or come consistently enough to justify building wide, at least for me. Challenges are just unfun and usually easy. Galactic war is often finish-able with 1 or 2 teams, even if you struggle with it. Raids do reward you for building wide but often working on a commando team could increase your damage more, and getting to build wide, like I said earlier, is a problem. These things don't really reward building wide amply enough, imo. Arena focusing rewards you quite handsomely, but why does neglecting your arena team in favor of your entire roster reward do poorly for the resources put in? I'm not saying that building wide should allow you to win at arena, because by I think it shouldn't (duh). But I do think building wide should be a viable way to play this game and at least be able to support itself, building wide.

In terms of how to actually do this? I'm not completely sure. I was thinking maybe a new mega battle mode that lets you play with a large number of characters versus a big boss or team, like 10v10. Or maybe an endurance mode that lets you play till your entire roster is dead for a tiered reward system. Or maybe some sort of mode where you pass nodes but can't use the same characters more than once. As I said, I'm not sure.. But I'd like to see building wide be viable/somewhat competitive.

Cool Animations for Double/Triple Attack
I think one thing this game lacks to a degree is cool animations you love seeing. Tasty animations. In most of our favorite games theres probably some really cool sights and sounds you love. I think one place to see that here is when a double attack triggers. I honestly think, like a lot of people, that its kinda lame seeing the same animation over and over again. I think a cool way to add new animations without having to add new moves is creating a new animation that rolls when you character would double attack. So for example, if Dooku is gonna hit you twice, instead of hitting you twice by going up to you and running back and doing it again, he instead pulls off one sweet lightsaber combo and we see two damage numbers (similar to Rey's flurry). Leia could have a different animation to double attack and triple attack. This would save us time and make the game easier on the eyes. One cool thing I like about this too is that it allows for new posibilities like a new ability that has.. "__% chance to do double damage" where maybe... lets say Jedi Luke had this on his basic, and when it triggers he instead of swinging his lightsaber he pulls off some cool force move. Btw, yes, I do think the current multiple attacks, if grouped this way into one animation, should have each attack have a seperate dodge chance, unlike Rey's flurry.

Anyway, these are the ideas I was thinking about, gimme your thoughts!
Post edited by MrGrips on

Replies