**** is up with GW today.

I'm level 49 with only two 4 star toons. Here is the team I went against in the 9th round.

5 star bariss lev 55
3 star 5's lev 53
7 star luminara lev 54
5 star sideous lev 54
4 star doku lev 54

Ya so my GW journey is over very quickly today. Don't think that's fair at all to against with the team I have. That lum and bariss can take my entire team out by themselves lol

Replies

• You are unlucky
  • GW goes by tour account level. That's my experience in general, and draws squads ideas from current GW winners. Also, when not capped, tou end up fighting teams exactly 6-7 levels above. By now, you should have your A team at 6-5 stars each max gear and all level 4-6 abilities that matter. If you have 3 chars with 3* stars, it's going to be horrible like today. Now, things are getting worst for you right now: as the cap is lifted to 70, you'll still face amazingly stronger teams until you reach level 64, as opposed to being reducing that disadvantage around level 55 (as today no team will be over level 60).

My best tip is find fastest way to star up chars. What is tour A team?
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    GW goes by tour account level. That's my experience in general, and draws squads ideas from current GW winners. Also, when not capped, tou end up fighting teams exactly 6-7 levels above. By now, you should have your A team at 6-5 stars each max gear and all level 4-6 abilities that matter. If you have 3 chars with 3* stars, it's going to be horrible like today. Now, things are getting worst for you right now: as the cap is lifted to 70, you'll still face amazingly stronger teams until you reach level 64, as opposed to being reducing that disadvantage around level 55 (as today no team will be over level 60).

A team at 6-5*'s at level 49?? Not possible assuming he's F2P
  • GW goes by tour account level. That's my experience in general, and draws squads ideas from current GW winners. Also, when not capped, tou end up fighting teams exactly 6-7 levels above. By now, you should have your A team at 6-5 stars each max gear and all level 4-6 abilities that matter. If you have 3 chars with 3* stars, it's going to be horrible like today. Now, things are getting worst for you right now: as the cap is lifted to 70, you'll still face amazingly stronger teams until you reach level 64, as opposed to being reducing that disadvantage around level 55 (as today no team will be over level 60).

ftp for me.

4 star luminara, phasma and ventress
    3 star plo koon and han.
    also have 3 star talia, luke, chewie and 2 star JC and Biggs

been focusing on lum, phasma, and ventress to get 7 star and farming for 5's right now and with luke farming in cantina.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I agree that they have adjusted GW to be too difficult and this comes from a level 60 maxed out player. GW should be challenging, but it is one of the only chances for teams to get purple pentagon ability mats (and that only comes in the last 2-3 battles ) so that someone can improve their team just so that they have a chance to compete in the arena. When it is too challenging to even finish, it widens the disparage between elite teams and those teams that struggle.
  • EM650 wrote: »
    I agree that they have adjusted GW to be too difficult and this comes from a level 60 maxed out player. GW should be challenging, but it is one of the only chances for teams to get purple pentagon ability mats (and that only comes in the last 2-3 battles ) so that someone can improve their team just so that they have a chance to compete in the arena. When it is too challenging to even finish, it widens the disparage between elite teams and those teams that struggle.

And leads to usage of tactics like force closing which skirts very close to the definition of cheating. It's like the quick saves I used to do on tough missions and reload from that spot in case I failed (PC gaming). I do it because I learned about it here on the official forums and the devs/ community don't seem to consider it an issue. I think they're compensating for the mis matches as I'm sure a very large percentage of players would never be able to complete GW otherwise. Thus losing out on upgrades, making the game more of a drag and consequently stopping playing altogether.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EM650 wrote: »
    I agree that they have adjusted GW to be too difficult and this comes from a level 60 maxed out player.

IMO, it's too easy. And no, that is not trolling. And no, I don't force-close.
    GW rewards strategy and a deep bench. If you have a good number of characters and know how to match your characters against the opponents, you should be able to win nearly every day.
    I am currently 37/38 and usually finish with no deaths. I'm not saying this to show off, just to say that it is NOT as hard as some claim, and does not need to be made easier at level 60. (I do think the matchmaking is whacked out at lower levels though.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • You think that team you faced is bad just wait ;)
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I agree that they have adjusted GW to be too difficult and this comes from a level 60 maxed out player.

GW rewards strategy and a deep bench. If you have a good number of characters and know how to match your characters against the opponents, you should be able to win nearly every day.
    I am currently 37/38 and usually finish with no deaths. I'm not saying this to show off, just to say that it is NOT as hard as some claim, and does not need to be made easier at level 60. (I do think the matchmaking is whacked out at lower levels though.)

Just wait. Almost every battle I did today consisted of a 7* Sid and Lumi. Some also added 7* Dooku, Daka, and/or Kylo Ren. Lumi alone almost took a toon of mine in most battles with a single blow of her AOE. Often times Sid, Dooku, Daka, and Lumi got to move before a single toon of mine.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Lumi alone almost took a toon of mine in most battles with a single blow of her AOE.

Pardon the noobish question, but... Lumi has an AoE skill? O_o
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I might misunderstand the reference of AOE, but I assume it is their special attack that requires a cool down. Lumi's Force Blast is brutal.
  • I had to face 8 all purple lvl 60s today, And it was First time for a while GW was challenging And I Lost a few chars.
    No I'm not P2W, I have only bought dark side pack with dooku, and now have 6 chars at 60 and purple and 6 others 53-57 and VI.
    GW is not hard if you use retreat wisely and have decent healers.
  • Add in the fact the Lumi's Blast nearly always crits, Dooku nearly always stuns even non Jedj toons, and Sids AOE crits on at least two(more often three) of my toons, and it can get tiresome. Today I have been facing level 60 teams since round 3. Nearly all with maxed Sid and Lumi, with at least 1 other 7* mixed in.
  • Plus glitches...one round Lumi used Blast two times in a row....critting both times lol
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just wait. Almost every battle I did today consisted of a 7* Sid and Lumi. Some also added 7* Dooku, Daka, and/or Kylo Ren. Lumi alone almost took a toon of mine in most battles with a single blow of her AOE. Often times Sid, Dooku, Daka, and Lumi got to move before a single toon of mine.

Most of the teams I face in the second half of GW are like this. Maybe I'll write down a blow-by-blow next time I fight one, detailing how I did it. But let's say I am dealing with Sid as leader, Lumi, Dooku, Daka and Kylo, all high-star. A hard team, no doubt about it. Here's roughly what I am going to do.
    1. I start with Barriss (leader), Dooku, Sid, Kylo and Lumi. Very similar team, actually.
    2. Either their Dooku goes first or mine does, and there's some luck involved here in terms of what he goes for and whether it lands. Because I have Barriss, who is a tempting but pointless target at the start, the AI often goes for her. If so, she'll likely be stunned, and I'll be happy. (I don't care about Barriss at the start of a match.) When it's my turn, I attempt to stun Lumi. (I will go for Sid if he's low-star, so he suicides when he AoEs on my Dooku, but otherwise Lumi for the higher success rate.)
    3. Both Sids go now. Their Sid will probably AoE, prompting a counter from my Dooku. My Sid will attack their Sid, attempting to get a heal block on him.
    4. Depending on how things are going, I now retreat to clear the DoTs off my guys and any stuns that may have landed. If I have a stun on Lumi or heal immunity on Sid, I do not.
    5. When it is my Lumi's turn, she either ability-blocks the opponent Lumi, or if my team is hurting, she heals. She does not attack Sid, too much chance of a pointless waste. Timing her heal is important: you do not want to retreat after her heal or you lose her heal-over-time ability. If anyone is heal-blocked, I use Barriss instead, and save her heal until Sid is eliminated. (Kylo's heal-block can be more easily avoided.)
    6. Whenever it is Dooku's turn, he attacks Luminara, attempting to keep her locked up with ability blocks and stuns. When it is my Lumi's turn, she attempts to deal with Daka mostly, as does Barriss when she attacks. If anyone is under 4k or so and Lumi has her special available, boom (except Sid). Note that I do not go after Daka first. Yeah she might get a lucky revive, but the AI is dumb, and will usually use her heal/revive as soon as a character dies, when everyone else is near full, wasting it. Even if someone revives, fine, 2 more hits and they are gone again and Daka's heal has a 5-turn cooldown, by then she is dead.
    7. Retreat as necessary to get rid of heal blocks and stuns. If someone is very low, remove them and replace them: other characters I can sub in include Asajj, Fives, Boba, Daka. Also two more healers but I usually don't bring them in early in a match.
    8. As soon as the enemy Sid is gone, retreat if anyone is heal-blocked. Focus down Daka.
    9. At this point I will begin rotating characters out whether or not things are going well. First sub is JC for Sidious. Sid will usually be near full health because of his self-heal. JC is brought in for extra healing to allow Lumi's cooldowns to regenerate. Note that I rarely use Sid's AoE, saving it for when it is absolutely necessary. In most cases the heal block is much more important.
    10. After Daka, next target is Dooku. Occasionally I will bring my Daka in to try to land stuns on him. He's usually 4* and doesn't take a long time to kill, and he can't stun Daka with his counter. If Daka lands a stun on him, he is toast.
    11. Through all this the two Kylos will be attacking, and they are wildcards. If their Kylo AoEs while mine has his counter up, both my Kylo and Dooku will counter him, and at that point he'll be hurting pretty badly. (Even better if I put Fives in.) If this happens again, I sub out anyone near death, and then try to finish their Kylo off before he can use Outrage. Kylo is a complex character and the AI plays him poorly.
    12. With three healers on my side, and hopefully now down to a 5v3 or 5v2, there's no real chance I'm going to lose anyone at this point. JC can heal a lot every 2 or 3 rounds. If for some reason he gets into trouble, I bring Talia in as a last-ditch backup.
    13. This team is too difficult to "farm" cooldowns on, but hopefully the next one has a Chewie or Barriss or Opress or someone like that I can use.

Does it always work out perfectly? No, but that's why you have subs. Still, it's mostly strategy and these teams are far from invincible. Well, in GW.. in Arena I'd probably get slaughtered. :)
    Qeltar wrote: »

Lumi doesn't AoE

• I think difficulty is erratic. If you face 6 Leia *7 star games, you will lose regardless of you strategy. If this happens to only 5% of player base, then consensus will be these 5% isn't doing things right. But if you ARE among that 5% well, you feel alone. I have faced those situations about 15% of times, and retreat won't help. If the AI decides to kill your Lumi and JC in turn one, and grants Leia 4x innher turn, and 4x on Wui Gon assist from Leia, you won't get further. Period. But until you face that often, you'll be rihht about your experiences, but wrong about what others face.
  • GW needs tweaking IMO cos it throws unfair MM a lot at me
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
    I might misunderstand the reference of AOE, but I assume it is their special attack that requires a cool down. Lumi's Force Blast is brutal.

Aoe= area of effect. Meaning an ability that hits multiple heroes
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I think difficulty is erratic. If you face 6 Leia *7 star games, you will lose regardless of you strategy. If this happens to only 5% of player base, then consensus will be these 5% isn't doing things right. But if you ARE among that 5% well, you feel alone. I have faced those situations about 15% of times, and retreat won't help. If the AI decides to kill your Lumi and JC in turn one, and grants Leia 4x innher turn, and 4x on Wui Gon assist from Leia, you won't get further. Period. But until you face that often, you'll be rihht about your experiences, but wrong about what others face.

15% of the time you get 7* Leia 6 times in a row? Assuming you aren't exaggerating, yeah that would be quite difficult. I've never seen anything like that even once, much less 15% of the time.
  • I am at level 53 and faced 3 full squads at level 60 in a row. I cleaned 2, but the last battle to finish the GW I even tried, once I have only 4 guys with poor health.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me