First order team

Mullato
2582 posts Member
I'm thinking about putting together a FO team as my next project.

I've heard a couple of things about them, but I wanna hear first hand about the team as a whole. Who are the weak links, what is the goal of each toon, do they have a purpose, etc.

I'm not worried about rank, I would rather have a team that is fun to use. Tired of using my boring meta team, going against the same exact teams.

Replies

• Nyteshade81
    120 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Full FO team is garbage on defense in arena. Right after the protection update, I left a full FO team as my defense over night. It fell from rank 200 down to 500 in 12 hours.

Phasma - top tier leader for offense battles in arena and very easy farm. Get her.

Kylo - called an "attacker" but his damage is pretty low except for Outrage when under 50% health (or effectively 25% when accounting for protection). He's has a decent amount of health though. His kit would be perfect if it included a taunt. Easy to farm in cantinas.

FOTP - pure damage dealer that's completely outclassed by Rey, GS, Leia, and IG-86. All of them have more damage potential, more survivability, and are easier to farm. With only 2 nodes in missions available, farming him takes a LONG time.

FOO - Has a mixed bag of abilities that other toons do much better. Turn meter manipulation? HRS and STH do it better. Buff? Poggle. The only thing cool about him is the guaranteed crit when another toon has advantage. This makes pairing him with Phasma almost mandatory for him to be effective.

FOST - Take 5s, reduce the counter chance, remove the counter damage, change the guaranteed slow to 50% chance unless you crit, remove the ability to call for an assist on demand and replace it with a defense up buff. Now make him only farmable via 2 mission nodes and voila, you have FOST!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    **** man thanks, that was very descriptive.

Hmm, I have phasma 7*, working on kylo 5*...I may just use those 2 from FO then.

Phasma
    Kylo
    STH
    Fives
    QGJ

Tanky, sounds good for defense atleast.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Most FO teams run only Phasma + FOTP. Maybe FOO, but that's pushing it.

When phasma and FOTP get that sweet RNGesus it can be nice, but I think it's far too unreliable to actively run. I've fought numerous FO teams and like @Nyteshade81 said, most of them are just outclassed, even with their synergies.

However, if you run Phasma lead then you can't dodge. If you can't dodge, FOTP will be dead long before his turn ever arrives (on defense, where your team actually matters since thats what holds your rank).

You'd get more use out of a Phasma, Rey, GS, QGJ, IG86 team than a FO team if you want to pray for RNG.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Full FO team is garbage on defense in arena. Right after the protection update, I left a full FO team as my defense over night. It fell from rank 200 down to 500 in 12 hours.

Phasma - top tier leader for offense battles in arena and very easy farm. Get her.

Kylo - called an "attacker" but his damage is pretty low except for Outrage when under 50% health (or effectively 25% when accounting for protection). He's has a decent amount of health though. His kit would be perfect if it included a taunt. Easy to farm in cantinas.

FOTP - pure damage dealer that's completely outclassed by Rey, GS, Leia, and IG-86. All of them have more damage potential, more survivability, and are easier to farm. With only 2 nodes in missions available, farming him takes a LONG time.

FOO - Has a mixed bag of abilities that other toons do much better. Turn meter manipulation? HRS and STH do it better. Buff? Poggle. The only thing cool about him is the guaranteed crit when another toon has advantage. This makes pairing him with Phasma almost mandatory for him to be effective.

FOST - Take 5s, reduce the counter chance, remove the counter damage, change the guaranteed slow to 50% chance unless you crit, remove the ability to call for an assist on demand and replace it with a defense up buff. Now make him only farmable via 2 mission nodes and voila, you have FOST!

I agree with most of this.

Phasma: No brainer, farm her

FOTP: I don't think he's completely out-classed by the others, you do have to have him at gear 11 though to be competitive. I think he's worth the farm for arena and raids and of course pairs well with Phasma

FOST: Here's the thing, he has massive HP, huge. His counter may not be as strong as 5's but nobody's really is; Aayla is close. He's not a horrible character to have but definitely a difficult farm. Not a bad phase 4 character for the Rancor.
  • @Sturmbock will be able to help you, I guess. Nice to see FO at the top ranks of my server. :)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Sturmbock
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Hey thanks for the plug @Sticare_Courts_0073 I appreciate your Lando/rebel team as well. It's great to see non meta teams that do well, even when Lando is going off all over me with those mustache bombs ;)

As for the FO teams, @Nyteshade81 pretty much nailed it. I run Phasma lead with Kylo and fotp, all fully starred and geared, they do fine, but foo and fost just don't have the skills to compete. I need taunt, stun, and debuff, so I run them with RG and QGJ. I am seriously hoping the new mods will let me field a fully competitive FO team, or maybe they will release some cool new FO toons like General Hux!
  • Nyteshade81
    120 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    FOST: Here's the thing, he has massive HP, huge. His counter may not be as strong as 5's but nobody's really is; Aayla is close. He's not a horrible character to have but definitely a difficult farm. Not a bad phase 4 character for the Rancor.

Max geared 5s and FOST have roughly the same HP+Protection with FOST having a slight edge (~49.5k vs FOST's 50.1k at G10).
  • kiwesona
    59 posts Member
    The #1 guy on my shard uses Kylo by the way.

I run Phasma, Kylo, and FOST on my arena and they are quite the group. When I gear up my FOTP he'll be put in there. I finish under 200.