This rampant level of apparent dissatisfaction...

Prev13
...is harshing my mellow, man. Lots of complaints. Few valid suggestions.

I used to play a game called Eve Online. It's made by an Icelandic company called CCP. People complained a lot there too. In fact, we took to using CCP as an acronym for "Continuously Crying Playerbase." The very height of wit, I know.

This place though. I think it takes the cake with whiners. To be sure, there are issues. I myself have griped about costs. Broken toons. Lackluster rewards for your efforts and whatnot. But I do try to temper my negativity. Maybe even throw a silver lining up in there now and then.

The forums these days are sort of a downer. I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Slow day at the office, I guess. But it just struck me on this latest forum visit that most of the threads are all bad news lol

Replies

• Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Then maybe it reflects on the job cg/ea is doing with it.

Just a thought...
  • I understand this. But there's got to be a better way to organize and focus attention to various things that just a number of random "grrrr" threads. We need like...a voice. A place to focus rather than the current cacophony. I don't think the points get made as clearly when everyone's...everywhere all over the spectrum lol
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    I understand this. But there's got to be a better way to organize and focus attention to various things that just a number of random "grrrr" threads. We need like...a voice. A place to focus rather than the current cacophony. I don't think the points get made as clearly when everyone's...everywhere all over the spectrum lol

So a voice, like, from the devs? That would sure be nice.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • DarthHernia
    200 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Why don't you suggest something that EA did right then, just to inject some positivity? Oh nvm. There hasn't been any lately.

Don't like the whining? Don't read the forums. Not exactly rocket science.
  • Swifterz
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So severely breaking 2 game modes that provide the most rewards to F2P and even the whales isn't enough to whine about? They also sent out 350 crystals for our inconvenience when the norm has been 500 crystals, that's another thing to complain about as well. They and cause more issues with yesterday's patch then the server issues last week that they deemed was worth 500 crystals.

The patch yesterday was almost entirely a money grab. Lets list the amount of new things introduced in yesterday's patch:

Galactic Gear Packs- 600 crystals for a chance to get a few raid pieces of gear, but wait lets throw in all other epic gear that is farmable in nodes to lesson the chance of getting actual raid gear!! MONEY GRAB!!

Reintroduce Jedi Bundle- another money grab for those wanting to get Yoda

Shard shop refreshes- Now you can refresh using crystals and we are going to add raid gear in there. Total money grab because they know the whales will buy tons of refreshes

Double drops in Cantina- Lets introduce double drops after nearly everyone has spent their energy doing refreshes (luckily this was extended and many appreciate it). Still a cash grab targeted at people that don't normally refresh. Even though it is technically a small cash grab, I do like when they do this, because even if you don't do refreshes, you can enjoy the rewards from it.

New achievements- only thing in the patch that isn't a cash grab!!

Now you can see besides bugs fixes, everything new in the patch is basically a big cash grab by EA/CG. So making such a big cash grab is okay, but when you break two major modes of the game to accomplish, everyone should and has the right to be salty and complaining right now. Luckily they've fixed the GW bug, but 350 crystals isn't enough to make up for the loss of 1,2 or 3 GW refreshes people may have lost due to this bug. They've supposedly fixed the raids being broke, but now there are tons of reports that many guilds can't start a new t7. No word on compensation for the guilds that lost 60k guild coins by having the raid finish improperly. Yes Jesse responded that they are looking into, but these were all noted yesterday, so that's not good enough.

• RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    I understand this. But there's got to be a better way to organize and focus attention to various things that just a number of random "grrrr" threads. We need like...a voice. A place to focus rather than the current cacophony. I don't think the points get made as clearly when everyone's...everywhere all over the spectrum lol

The word you are looking for is Reddit.
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member

I get what you're saying, but the problem is that we as a player base don't have any option to do that. Anything resembling that gets shut down or merged into a 100 page mega thread that just gets swept under the rug.

This is ea we're talking about. They do not care. That's not me being pessimistic or complaining. EA doesn't give a crap about it's consumers as long as a few whales keep the business model afloat.

Look at sw battle front. That game got absolutely destroyed by fans and critics, but it has the sw name so it initially sold well. Now not even a year later, you can find it online for pennies. EA considered it a success because it pushed out units. Nothing changes.

Like other posts on the forums right now, I believe it will take a lawsuit and loss of income before ea pulls their head out of their ...

Btw the force events with ayala and kit were legit false advertising. "Not happy with it" LOL yea ok. They just didn't want to get sued. (Which they still can...)
  • I've asked for news about the guild raid issue, and I've left a negative review on the game itself in the app store. More people need to go and actually leave negative reviews on the app store to get what we are asking for.. they are only going to continue deleting threads.
  • Why don't you suggest something that EA did right then, just to inject some positivity? Oh nvm. There hasn't been any lately.

Don't like the whining? Don't read the forums. Not exactly rocket science.

I think these events and limited time deals they've been doing are a good idea, in theory, in practice not so much. It's straight money grubbing. Undisguised. There is no incentive to spend. Because we've not been thrown any bones to whet the appetite on these things. Literally the best thing going on is the double reward in cantina. That should happen more. But it's not enough to make me, personally, want to bust out my wallet to drop cash.

The shard shop thing could have been a boon. But it's too limited. Expensive to refresh and you might (probably) won't get want you want even if you do refresh. So you threw those resources away. This "chance of" business needs to just go away from purchases. It's fine in the game modes as far as loot goes. But man...if I spend money on a thing..I want the thing I came for. I don't go to the mall. Tell a clerk I want a shirt. Pay them...and then hope they bring me the color I like. That would be nuts. All the shirt color options are there for me to choose from myself. It should be no different here.

• Also, I think the "merged threads" seem to rule is up. I understand that 20 threads of the same thing is a bad idea, but it feels like the team merge our threads, and then stop giving feedback or even reading them. Makes me feel like the development team has nothing but contempt for us, the customer base
  • Glarus
    68 posts Member
    Tacitus16 wrote: »
    Makes me feel like the development team has nothing but contempt for us, the customer base

This.

I'm embarrassed it's taken me this long to learn this lesson, I guess I just didn't want to believe it.

I am taking a break from this game. Starting a family vacation in a couple of days and will delete the app from my phone/iPad. We'll see if after a week I miss it and come back. History says I won't.
  • I felt like the OP until just a couple weeks ago when our guild was affected by a server-side bug in which we would only accumulate 30k coins every 2 days (half of what we should have been accumulating). We missed out on multiple raids during that week and the "solution" was to give everyone (affected by the bug or not) 1,000 guild currency, and then later every guild was given coins. Neither made up for the missed raids and everyone was given this so it really didn't do anything. The same is happening today with the raids that disappeared. People want something to be done, they want it to be made "right", but it simply won't happen.

It's been stated in this thread that customer service is outright terrible and they don't care about you. This is absolutely true. I have never had a worst customer service experience in my life. I have a completely different view of this game now as of that experience two weeks ago. My dissatisfaction is real and it is not going away until I see some changes, especially at the customer service level.
  • It's okay they gave us yoda early, so everything's ok and everyone will be happy because there was so much "player feedback" asking for yoda.
  • Preach!

;-)

I think this game started out great and have taken a sharp nosedive. I'm guessing EA has calculated the lifecycle which maximizes its profits and has cut investing. The game will make a last mad gran for cash from players (happening now), then keep cratering because they didn't discover a sustainable profit-model for this one. My two cents.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    It's okay they gave us yoda early, so everything's ok and everyone will be happy because there was so much "player feedback" asking for yoda.

This exactly! Where are all the posts asking for yoda?! I've seen none! I will tell you what I have seen tho...myriads of posts asking for reper*tions but getting del*ted. Can't say those words or talk about them tho cuz I'll get cen*red
  • There have been MANY suggestions on how to improve the game. The reason there is so much negativity is because they do the exact opposite of what the player base would like to see. Not to mention that every "fix" has involved using premium (read "you the customer pay for our mistakes") currency.

Not to mention if you have any actual issues that require support, their CS is terrible. They're outsourced, have zero power to actually do anything, get combative with you when you point out a flaw that is worthy of the "r" word, and basically they shrug everything off with "post on the forums". Then they have the audacity to ask you to rate your CS experience. It's laughable and us players are suffering from the mushroom syndrome. You know.. keep us in the dark and feed us s***.

It's exhausting.
  • KozeeDJ
    59 posts Member
    nothing in this game is worse than the friggin forum police. ive had 6 of my last 8 threads deleted within 5 min. i finally got a mod to tell me why and its because they dont like negativity.

its insanely insulting to the people paying money for this game. that they censor our opinions on the crap updates that are so buggy..

they need to beta test this crap before they keep releasing new patches. you cant continually keep releasing stuff that breaks the game, and expect people not to get **** about it..
    I havent dropped 200$ on this game to be a beta tester and constantly see you change characters around to make whoever is whining loudest happy.
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Preach!

;-)

I think this game started out great and have taken a sharp nosedive. I'm guessing EA has calculated the lifecycle which maximizes its profits and has cut investing. The game will make a last mad gran for cash from players (happening now), then keep cratering because they didn't discover a sustainable profit-model for this one. My two cents.

This is exactly what is happening.
  • It sound like what you're seeking is an effective conversation.

But that requires two-way communication, which isn't happening from EA/CG.

Instead, we have this virtual water cooler, a moderated place to gripe, question and leave feedback in the hopes that they listen in.

Unfortunately that's by their design, and all they really want because it's easy to ignore.

Which is why the rules disallow petitions and any other serious attempt to create a collective voice; the member created polls, which tend to be silly and unrealistic, notwithstanding.
  • I hear you on the money thing, man. I've spent upwards of $800 on this. Only one other game in my life got that kinda loot out of me...World of Warcraft...over 7 friggen years though. Not in 6 months lol.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    ...is harshing my mellow, man. Lots of complaints. Few valid suggestions.

I used to play a game called Eve Online. It's made by an Icelandic company called CCP. People complained a lot there too. In fact, we took to using CCP as an acronym for "Continuously Crying Playerbase." The very height of wit, I know.

This place though. I think it takes the cake with whiners. To be sure, there are issues. I myself have griped about costs. Broken toons. Lackluster rewards for your efforts and whatnot. But I do try to temper my negativity. Maybe even throw a silver lining up in there now and then.

The forums these days are sort of a downer. I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Slow day at the office, I guess. But it just struck me on this latest forum visit that most of the threads are all bad news lol

The problem is that these issues have been persisting since the game was released. And every week/month something new is introduced. With people investing so much time and money in a product, it's only natural to voice your disatisfaction. People just want a fun game that works. And arguably, that is not what they are getting.
  • I'm totally on board with things being wrong with the game. I'm on board with voicing them respectfully and in good faith. I'm not on board with things being so negative that innocent posts and the legit threads are being targeted and lumped in with the rotten ones and being censored and warned in an unwarranted fashion.

This is why my OP was an appeal to let cooler heads prevail where appropriate.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    I'm totally on board with things being wrong with the game. I'm on board with voicing them respectfully and in good faith. I'm not on board with things being so negative that innocent posts and the legit threads are being targeted and lumped in with the rotten ones and being censored and warned in an unwarranted fashion.

This is why my OP was an appeal to let cooler heads prevail where appropriate.

It's been all out genocide on any posts with the words cen*ored, ref*nd, reper*tion, comp*ensation, Re*ards, mod ba**les, forum gu*dlines, raid issues. Pretty much anything.
  • Today they rolled out the "Jedi Pack".... $60..... really.... really? That is what EA/CG thinks of us.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Mp44 wrote: »
    Then maybe it reflects on the job cg/ea is doing with it.

Just a thought...

I think it's more than that. I think this game, because of Star Wars, has plenty of people playing who aren't accustomed to the F2p business model. They see star wars and want to play! Thus, people are more whiny about things and feel more entitled since it's their beloved franchises name on the game!

Though EA/CG doesn't escape blame in this, I do think the player base is slightly different than many f2p mobile playerbases.
  • I do get where you're coming from op.

I did feel a little dismayed when I saw an old thread from January with actual two way conversation between devs and players. That was before I started and I've never seen anything like that since. The forums have descending into whining and demands that have clearly chased away any chance of proper community and communication.
  • Agree with OP. The game isn't perfect, but I think CG / EA is doing their best and trying to improve. It's a fun game that's (apparently) doing well and that's what matters.

And for anybody who accuses CG of trying to make a cash grab... guys... this is a business, not a charity. The game was DESIGNED from the ground up to be a cash grab. They are not making this game out the generosity of their heart so we can all be f2p.

• DjangoQuik wrote: »
    I do get where you're coming from op.

I did feel a little dismayed when I saw an old thread from January with actual two way conversation between devs and players. That was before I started and I've never seen anything like that since. The forums have descending into whining and demands that have clearly chased away any chance of proper community and communication.

You aren't missing much man... I once had a conversation with Mr. Head Honcho and pretty much it ended up I was wrong, my suggestion was pointless, and CG would continue how it wanted.
  • Meh, happens in every game forum Ii visit/visited. I usually take a few month break from the forums when I start getting nausea from the typical posts. People will always think they're better than any dev team and can say whatever they want cause they downloaded the game. You know, every player in here has multi million dollar companies that kick EA's behind so they know better.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    I personally think it's easy to feel like spending in these kinds of games entitles you to some kind of ownership. But according to iTunes, and probably EA / CG ToS, it doesn't. Still, that breeds some of the entitlement.

Then there's the amount of grinding players do (f2p or not), that when we get set back a little by a glitch, it 'hurts'. Honestly, it's just a game. That's the hardest thing for some of us to remember. Forums are a little animated today because we just had some big stuff go out. Of course it's nuts. It should calm down though. Things take time.

Our culture has nothing to do with patience.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
This discussion has been closed.