What are the best Akbar lead Arena team constructions?

Prev1
orange12
53 posts Member
I've got Akbar, Lando, and Han 7* G8 and looking to complete the Rebel team for Arena. Both HRS and Leia are leveling up fast but I also have a maxed out Rey which means I'd run three attackers and only one not so beefy tank in ST Han to protect them all.

So I'm asking for some ideas. What are the most effective Akbar lead arena teams? I've seen Akbar/Leia teams run well but I think the TM gains of the Akbar/Han/HRS combo is really fun to watch. In fact my GW team is those three, Rey, and Phasma. (So much TM.)
Alternatively what if I went no tank and all speed+damage with Akbar/Leia/HRS/Rey/Lando? Is that even viable in arena?

Let me know what you've seen works best.

Replies

• I use ackbar(lead) st Han Leia Rey and 5s, keeps me in the 20-30 range in the arena. I just have to watch out for QGJ, teebo, mace or anyone else who can debuff Hans taunt. Kinda kills the whole groove of the team.
  • AA (L) Leia, Rey, RG, QGJ
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    AA (L) Leia, Rey, RG, QGJ

You'd think that, but I've found SF and B2 more effective fhan QG.
    {RotE}
  • @LaLiam if you've bought sun fac and b2, but im gonna say most people have not and QGJ is F2P
  • I have been running AA, RG, STH, Leia, Rey and hitting first consistently, dropping to 14 overnight
  • orange12
    53 posts Member
    Hmm so it seems like HRS is probably not good enough for end game top ranks? That kind of sucks. It seems like his TM gain for everyone on his basic would be a game changer.
  • Zephon
    122 posts Member
    Between HRScout, Leia, Rey, it's kindda hard to sub in the Scout as his damage isn't as high as those 2.

Has anyone managed to see how well Hoth Rebel Soldier is? It's a single-node farm for him but I'm curious if you can run something like Ackbar, Leia, STHan, Rebel Soldier, XXXX in a team.
  • AA, Leia, HRS, Lando, St Han -> Offense
    AA, Leia, HRS, Lando, RG -> Defense

Or you could swap HRS for Phasma in order to help Landos special.

Soon I will be running with,

AA, Leia, Phasma, Fives, RG

But over time I will be farming subbing in HRS, Lando and StHan for the last three and see how it goes. The thing you have to remember is that,
    1. StHan will be debuffed by QGJ/Teebo
    2. You will attract a lot of attention in arena meaning ppl will want to fight you
  • I'm farming for this type of team too. I was planning for AA lead, leia, Rey, RG, and Phasma. Debating between Phasma and QGJ, but Phasma has a special which will give leia another attack and buff so I might try that out first and see. Not going with sth because of all the QGJ in top 10, plus with extra speed from AA he will taunt before enemy QGJ takes a turn which makes him useless.
  • I'm thinking Ackbar, Leia, EE, Chewie, Poe. Double tanks, reviver/healer, and 80% of your moves will result in Leia attacking 50% of the time.
  • @Tuftedpaper85 nice line-up
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I'm thinking Ackbar, Leia, EE, Chewie, Poe. Double tanks, reviver/healer, and 80% of your moves will result in Leia attacking 50% of the time.

RG is not bad either, as AI uses his special when able.
  • AA, Leia, Phasma.... RG, Chewie

Would be good

• Waqui wrote: »
    I'm thinking Ackbar, Leia, EE, Chewie, Poe. Double tanks, reviver/healer, and 80% of your moves will result in Leia attacking 50% of the time.

RG is not bad either, as AI uses his special when able.

True, I'm thinking Poe though cause he's fast, his taunt will draw out Leia fire, and it will expose to give extra damage for ackbar should he attack.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Looks like Rey is in a lot of those line-ups, but she has no synergy with Rebels.

Oh yeah, she doesn't need ANY synergy to be the best DPS in the game. Hmm.
  • Bluestar
    27 posts Member
    Looks like Rey is in a lot of those line-ups, but she has no synergy with Rebels.

With AA tactical genius she can use both of her specials in a row a take out most characters before they can take a turn. She's awesome in any lineup
  • Bluestar wrote: »

With AA tactical genius she can use both of her specials in a row a take out most characters before they can take a turn. She's awesome in any lineup

Does Tactical Genius count as a positive status effect for Leverage? In other words, does Rey get offense up when using Leverage with Tactical Genius active?
  • Bluestar
    27 posts Member
    Not sure about that, haven't tested it out. But I would be curious to find out
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    garublador wrote: »
    Bluestar wrote: »

Does Tactical Genius count as a positive status effect for Leverage? In other words, does Rey get offense up when using Leverage with Tactical Genius active?

No, but she will have crit chance up if Leia is the only Rebel.

{RotE}
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    AA, Leia, HRS, Lando, St Han -> Offense

Avoid Lando on defense, as the AI does not use his AoE on def if the opposing team has a taunting tank. It is a known bug and really kills all of his usefulness.
  • Ackabar, HRS, STH...these guys get your turn meter full before the other team moves and then you add another two to suit your fancy. If you want it can be 2 DPS, 2 AoEs, another tank or combo piece, anything.

This core is good.
  • Ackabar, HRS, STH...these guys get your turn meter full before the other team moves and then you add another two to suit your fancy. If you want it can be 2 DPS, 2 AoEs, another tank or combo piece, anything.

This core is good.

Yes that is very nice TM. Leia and Rey compliment well here. Though Q might be handier if you see a lot of taunts.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Ackabar, HRS, STH...these guys get your turn meter full before the other team moves and then you add another two to suit your fancy. If you want it can be 2 DPS, 2 AoEs, another tank or combo piece, anything.

This core is good.

It wont work, Hrs does not deal enough damage for an enemy rg, even when you add in Leia and Rey a B2/Rg combo willl break you.

It looks fancy but its not viable to win.
    {RotE}
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    effdash wrote: »
    AA, Leia, HRS, Lando, St Han -> Offense

Avoid Lando on defense, as the AI does not use his AoE on def if the opposing team has a taunting tank. It is a known bug and really kills all of his usefulness.

Its not just Lando. I believe the AI NEVER uses an AoE when there is an enemy taunting. I've used it to my advantage a few times. However, I've also seen Vader use his choke grip while I had an active taunt, so maybe there are certain characters with that issue.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Ackabar, HRS, STH...these guys get your turn meter full before the other team moves and then you add another two to suit your fancy. If you want it can be 2 DPS, 2 AoEs, another tank or combo piece, anything.

This core is good.

It wont work, Hrs does not deal enough damage for an enemy rg, even when you add in Leia and Rey a B2/Rg combo willl break you.

I must be lucky. I wouldn't advise people to play a team that I don't, and I can take #1 with the best of them. Though I often have experienced backlash on the forum similar to yours. Don't know what I'm doing right if your saying you've tried it and it fails. B2 and RG has never beaten me; I have more trouble with STH and RG.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    LaLiam wrote: »

This core is good.

I must be lucky. I wouldn't advise people to play a team that I don't, and I can take #1 with the best of them. Though I often have experienced backlash on the forum similar to yours. Don't know what I'm doing right if your saying you've tried it and it fails.

I tried and failed to get Scout in arena, every settup was missing something
    {RotE}
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Most AA teams run just AA+Leia. Throwing in Han or HRS makes it so Leia isn't procing the majority of the bonus shots. Hence why, earlier in this thread, AA+Leia+Rey+RG+QGJ is the preferred team.

You can swap RG from Han, but Han is squishier, doesn't stun like RG, and is easily purged without a dodge leader. He also hits weak, so if you proc him on the assist call it wont be near the power Leia is.

To each his own, but AA+Leia is all you really need.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    Most AA teams run just AA+Leia. Throwing in Han or HRS makes it so Leia isn't procing the majority of the bonus shots. Hence why, earlier in this thread, AA+Leia+Rey+RG+QGJ is the preferred team.

You can swap RG from Han, but Han is squishier, doesn't stun like RG, and is easily purged without a dodge leader. He also hits weak, so if you proc him on the assist call it wont be near the power Leia is.

That's what i was about to post. Run aa plus leia, don't add any rebel there. But HRS seems a nice addition, he stun plus gives TM. A team in my server uses him with leia and works too.

• StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Toukai wrote: »

I've run the trio I posted earlier and, of course, have recently 7* G9 Leia. My first thought was to do what I've read here many times, Ackabar and just Leia.

Ackabar, Leia, RG, QGJ, and GS was my pass at it as I don't have a 7* Rey (or even 6*.) Didn't work. Not even close. So, if it's because I don't have Rey and used GS instead, then so be it.

I've run that trio and haven't needed to change it for any team I've run into. I'll switch the supporting cast a bit sometimes, but those three have always been on my team. And I'm pretty sure there's a thread about HRS in #1 spot with plenty of people contributing and having success with him in Ackabar leads.

Edit: Just went back to find it and it was your thread @LaLiam. It has my main combination in it. To expound upon that, I often add QGJ in place of Phasma in a pure Clone Rex lead with RG. Against B2/RG or B2/SunFac, I take out the main threat (usually Rey) then blast through RG or Sun Fac afterwards. B2 is going nuts the whole time but not doing much but making Ackabar's heal awesome. Usually end those matches with everyone green.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    I would go like that:

Ackbar (L)
    Leia
    Rey
    QGJ or GS, depending on opponent
    RG or ST Han, depending what do you have (my personal preference is RG)