New Mod Table Uses Cantina Energy? Ohh, thank you soooo much!

Prev1
КЦПG_FЦГУ
355 posts Member
edited July 2016
mGrfaRB.jpg

New Mod Table Uses Cantina Energy? Ohh, thank you soooo much! 295 votes

Great idea
5%
SmithieCalus_78KYLO_SAM84JamitoIsThisThomKopfschussCatoSanDuckooKellJaceZaramTeagueWinKILLERincDavidstareaterTelmoabffRowdyICCalventia 16 votes
Horrible idea
88%
Green_Legend_RanTelaanGenakumaCreativeAttackerDrPancakesRonon_DexBoro_Smooth1jeremyj26gamerdomMAdelZtyleBloogEM650CronozNLStarSonDhallBenjiRonTomshampooTak 261 votes
Other
6%
NaecabonPolariceOobydoobNortikka_aikarajuuHunterXJDstumpomanModeratusImperialisSnake2Jdm1a0BWSkynobiCEG9876Grraauugghputz1337MarmotaMonaxMonteZeroAzgadilAllenb60d49ers1 18 votes
Post edited by КЦПG_FЦГУ on

Replies

• BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Other
    You have to choose how to spend that Cantina energy. On shards for toons or for mods.

Want to max out a mod, spend lots of money.

• Where do you find the mod table?
  • Horrible idea
    It's a new holo-table. It should be separate.

@WhaleKiller1 there was an error last night where the table was available. It hasn't been released yet. Some people got raid gear as rewards.

]
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Horrible idea
    Instead of paying 300 crystals for 2 refreshes from Cantina, i would rather they create a 3rd type of energy with a refresh price similar to that of energy.
  • Horrible idea
    Lower levels and f2p will be even further behind if they are forced to choose between mods and cantina energy. I hope this is some sort of sick joke.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Horrible idea
    Are mods ONLY designed for whales? I would love to hear an argument that any part of the mods will actually benefit FTP.

So far, it's another grind cash grab (catered towards whales naturally), and now using the energy for cantina battles.

Thanks CG, I'm really excited to farm mods after I finish farming GS, RG, Dooku, OB, Lando, Chirpa, Anakin, and Jawa all from cantina battles. I can't see how this is solely a ploy to please the whales complaining that they don't know what to farm with cantina energy.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Other
    I might be wrong but I guess it's only a placeholder. Datamined data is no final data.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Horrible idea
    Never count your chickens before they hatch
  • Great idea
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Never count your chickens before they hatch

great advice though
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Other
    Alexone wrote: »
    Instead of paying 300 crystals for 2 refreshes from Cantina, i would rather they create a 3rd type of energy with a refresh price similar to that of energy.

While I agree. I would rather it be cantina than regular
  • Other
    I think I would have preferred it to use no energy. But instead function like challenges. This just shows it for what it is, which is a way to pay for an advantage.
  • Horrible idea
    Honestly, if the only way to get mods is to pay extra for them and sacrifice character shards then I'm probably going to be done. Some will be able to pay to make their RG invincible and their Rey a complete juggernaut, and that'll be the end for us who are slower to get them. If it's new energy at least it'll be reasonably fair, as fair as the current system is.
  • Horrible idea
    What exactly are "mods"?
  • Horrible idea
    Curious as to how many got raid gear?
    Seems Similar to the raid reward bug.
  • Horrible idea
    Will this mean more suspended accounts and reward rollbacks because of this new glitch.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Other
    This was in no way a completed feature, and in the post about bugs in the 7/6/16 update it was stated the update had some game data to help prepare for the next major update so it is definitely not set in stone that collecting mods will cost cantina energy.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52333/bugs-after-update-on-7-6-2016#latest
  • Horrible idea
    Please give mods its own energy. I can't get nearly enough cantina energy as it is.
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    Hang on, did I read that right, yet another error has resulted in some individuals being able to obtain raid gear that they shouldn't have been able to?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Horrible idea
    I would be ok with it if regular cantina now had double drops forever, permanently.
  • Horrible idea
    Phu_Zzy wrote: »
    Hang on, did I read that right, yet another error has resulted in some individuals being able to obtain raid gear that they shouldn't have been able to?
    Yes! The game locked up mid game for most,
    But not for all.
  • Horrible idea
    Terrible idea if this is released using Cantina energy. I don't have enough Cantina energy as it is without spending crystals every day and now I'm going to have to split that energy between shards and gear?
  • Other
    I agree with others, cantina battle energy should be left alone. Make it so it uses its own energy. Don't slow down the process of farming Cantina. Cantina is perfect the way it is leave it alone! ;) unless you want to keep the doubles for it every day that would be lovely.
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    But not for all.

@EA_Jesse I assume you'll be providing an update imminently to deal with another issue caused by poor dev activity?
  • Horrible idea
    But not for all.

@EA_Jesse I assume you'll be providing an update imminently to deal with another issue caused by poor dev activity?

Pffft yea right lol
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    But not for all.

Pffft yea right lol

;)
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Horrible idea
    F2p and non whale types spend 100 only on cantina refreshes now since crystals are sparse which makes farming cantina characters the slowest in the game. Adding mods to cantina will effectively force people to stop farming toons and focus on mods so they will be able to compete with the whales.

I have stopped having fun in games before when mods were introduced, especially if those mods are rng based for the stats. Not any fun constantly rerolling mods for that +1 stat. Hopefully they do it right but so far by using cantina energy for this I am very nervous.
  • Horrible idea
    Since it was in the game and playable with Cantina energy.
    It's probably going to be cantina energy.
    I bet players were able to get through however
    obtaining more Raid gear, similar to the raid exploit bug.
    Thank your Kung for this post.
    It's a new holo-table. It should be separate.

@WhaleKiller1 there was an error last night where the table was available. It hasn't been released yet. Some people got raid gear as rewards.

]

• КЦПG_FЦГУ
    355 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Horrible idea
    Well, it's official. Thanks for breaking the game.

EA & CG:
    1265385946003.gif~c200

Me:
    tumblr_nm709lZGoL1u0k6deo1_r2_400.gif
  • Horrible idea
    cd5.gif
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    I am physically unable to give a crap anymore. Might still play and log in daily just not to lose a streak but will do half a dozen GW nodes, not get disappointed that shipments don't contain anything needed (can't believe how much cash they have saved me by not letting me get the gear my toons need) compete in raids and hopefully get something that isn't challenge gear. Eventually I'll get bored but no more cash is getting spent on this game. At one point I honestly just bought stuff occasionally because as a coder it felt good giving cash to other coders. Now I just feel like I am tucking cash into some upper management nozzles pocket. F that twice.