Just some data on diversity in Arena

Sikho
1088 posts Member
On a sample of more than 8k teams from the 1-100 arena ranking:

67% of people use either Phasma, Dooku or Old Ben.

-29% Phasma
-19% Dooku
-19% Old Ben

Most common characters in Arena teams (in % of teams they can be found)

-Rey 74%
-QGJ 73%
-RG 65%
-Phasma 40%
-GS 34%
-ST Han 32%
-Dooku 19%
-Old Ben 19%

It's safe to assume this game is not balanced and suffers from a serious lack of diversity.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    This can't be right. I get Sun Fac in every GW run I've ever done. He must be at least 80% of the ****ing player base since GW pulls from arena :)
  • I think in large parts we're seeing this based off of limited resources. Butcno doubt many of those listed characters are really really good.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Largely will depend on server i would imagine

Pretty much every team i see has either rg or sth... old ben defo getting more popular
  • RG is over 90% in my shard.

This data is from swgoh.gg and it's only those people who registered on their site and linked thier accounts. So the data is not true at all because many many teams are not counted.

But the 75%+ of QGJ and REY seems right and RG is waaaaay higher.

In fact without RG, rey ownership would probably be down. And everyone has QGJ to deal with the other guys RG
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    This can't be right. I get Sun Fac in every GW run I've ever done. He must be at least 80% of the ****ing player base since GW pulls from arena :)

GW now takes the best 5 heroes from your roster. By best, I mean those with the highest power.
    That's why some people keep getting the same nodes from that one guy who has the highest power to ons maxed.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Sikho wrote: »

GW now takes the best 5 heroes from your roster. By best, I mean those with the highest power.
    That's why some people keep getting the same nodes from that one guy who has the highest power to ons maxed.

@Sikho
    I know. It was sarcasm.
    I am sure you knew that too. Regardless, I felt the need to point it out to you in the hopes you would continue to read this and then realize I am just wasting your time by continuing to draw this sentence out as long as possible so that maybe you would realize that the previous comment in the first statement is still true and that there may not be an end to this single weird conjunction of disjointed statements masquerading as a lengthy paragraph with no real substance.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    edited July 2016

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

It's safe to assume this game is not balanced and suffers from a serious lack of diversity.

Post edited by WillowStar on
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    vavavader wrote: »

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

No one cares about your made up stats.

I think there's still some of the posts I made that you haven't bumped to trash talk. Please proceed to comment on those too.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I have 8 total toons geared up after all this time. Almost all from that little list of yours (which means nothing, because every team is beatable). Would you like me to put my gear 8 team in Arena or what's your thinking? People get informed about what works, they farm those characters and gear them up. It's a long process, fueled by the info on the forums. I would probably be running a new team every day if i'd had all characters. But now they are going to 'mod' them up as well and as a result, you will still see the same things.
  • I think in large parts we're seeing this based off of limited resources. Butcno doubt many of those listed characters are really really good.

This, its all about limited resources, dont have enough, you invest them the same way everyone else does.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    edited July 2016

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

I think there's still some of the posts I made that you haven't bumped to trash talk. Please proceed to comment on those too.

Post edited by WillowStar on
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

Trash talk? Man, you've never gotten into a fight in your life huh? Other than with your tamp*n.

Ok i laughed, never heard that one before.
  • Npopple
    46 posts Member
    8 out of 10 stats are made up :)
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    I have 8 total toons geared up after all this time. Almost all from that little list of yours (which means nothing, because every team is beatable). Would you like me to put my gear 8 team in Arena or what's your thinking? People get informed about what works, they farm those characters and gear them up. It's a long process, fueled by the info on the forums. I would probably be running a new team every day if i'd had all characters. But now they are going to 'mod' them up as well and as a result, you will still see the same things.

Unlikely. Whales have access to more resources and still use these characters. They are simply the best in the game.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The new mods system will only further decrease diversity. People will only have the resources to mid the 5 they're running now - especially f2p players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The new mods system will only further decrease diversity. People will only have the resources to mid the 5 they're running now - especially f2p players.

Not only will it enforce the meta, but it won't change anything.

If mods give %bonuses, then the current best characters will take advantage of it even more.
    If mods give flat bonuses, they will still stay ahead.

What is going to happen: people will push the strengths of their characters, and that will not have any impact on the diversity.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

Trash talk? Man, you've never gotten into a fight in your life huh? Other than with your tamp*n.

Ok i laughed, never heard that one before.

+1
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

Every single team comp from that list is beatable.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    C3POwn wrote: »

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

This is a post about diversity. Yes, these teams can be beaten if you use the same teams.
    This doesn't solve the main issue: If you want to compete in PvP, you're pigeonholed into 10 heroes out of the ~90 this game has to offer.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

Agree. OP is just scared.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

This is a post about diversity. Yes, these teams can be beaten if you use the same teams.
    This doesn't solve the main issue: If you want to compete in PvP, you're pigeonholed into 10 heroes out of the ~90 this game has to offer.

I understand, I was just saying that it would be much more of an issue if every team comp from that list was extremely OP. I see more and more diversity and different combos with characters not on that list each day. That will only continue to grow next week with mods and also as we max out more characters.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

This isn't true. I could beat qgj rey and rg with sun fac ig-86 and poe or han. There are a lot more characters viable in offense in arena, heck even Ren could work. Yoda for sure. I've even posted some photos where i took out Rey and replaced her with Yoda against a Rey team and not only the outcome was the same, but the hp on all remaining toons was similar. If you are talking about meta in defense, that's not really true either, because nothing holds.
  • Sikho wrote: »

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

I have absolutely no idea why you still play the game... Anyone with any sort of sense would've left long time ago if all the problems you mentioned actually existed.

Hence why sense isn't as common as people believe!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Actually there is one team that rarely gets out of top 10 and i've never seen him defend. A maxed droid team with b2 and je. So yea, even tho most people don't have droids yet, that is the most powerful team in arena in both defense and offense.
  • Toukai wrote: »

When will people realize that GW pulling real teams is a lie? I see 4 or 5 Darth Vaders every day in GW. How many arena teams use Vader?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

When will people realize that GW pulling real teams is a lie? I see 4 or 5 Darth Vaders every day in GW. How many arena teams use Vader?

I will when he will be 6* and geared up. I also need a squad for him which will take time.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Why no droids in this list? Keep picking and choosing your data to get your point across. . .
  • vavavader wrote: »

-29% Phasma
    -19% Dooku
    -19% Old Ben

-Rey 74%
    -QGJ 73%
    -RG 65%
    -Phasma 40%
    -GS 34%
    -ST Han 32%
    -Dooku 19%
    -Old Ben 19%

Lmao! Sic burn bro!