Scoundrel event is twice a month or once a week?

Prev13
warmonkey
1314 posts Member
I farmed the scoundrels based on the original announcement of once a week aiming for weekends but I see that was changed or something.

And now I keep seeing a pic of when the last event was so it's obviously not a week aiming for weekends anymore.

So I am assuming it is now only gonna be twice a month instead of once a week?

Replies

• orange12
    53 posts Member
    For those few who had 5 decently leveled scoundrels, was the credit event a big difference in alleviating the credit crunch that almost everyone is experiencing right now?

I'm going after a scoundrel team either way but wanted to hear whether the credit event is good enough to prioritize this team higher. Thanks.
  • Yes
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    Yes. Get Lando up and geared and then put a minimum effort into the other 4. You can now complete the scoundrel event
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    @stumpoman Hey serious question, what's minimum effort in terms of gear and levels for the other 4?
  • Can a group of 4* scoundrels beat t1?
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Patman6632 wrote: »
    Can a group of 4* scoundrels beat t1?

If one of those scoundrels is a near max Lando in terms of gear and level then probably.
  • Polarice
    113 posts Member
    Patman6632 wrote: »
    Can a group of 4* scoundrels beat t1?

My 4* lvl 50-60 toons did. I used chewie, cad, nute and bobba all at lvl 50 or 60 and greedo at lvl 1.

All the lvled toons were either 7 or 6.

I completed tier one ok, couple of close calls but chewies heal saved the day. Would normally have two standing at the end, so if you can do somethi g similar toon wise you shoukd be ok.
  • orange12
    53 posts Member
    This is really good to hear. I'm just switching over to Lando farming in Cantina and the double rewards couldn't have come at a better time.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    My guys:
    Level - stars - gear
    Chewie 78 - 7 - 8
    Boba 72 - 7 - 8
    Cad 72 - 7 - 8
    Lando 72 - 7 - 8
    Greedo 60 - 4 - 7

Did both levels with ease.

To answer the original question, while I greatly appreciate it I don't think so. I would like this event to be multiple times each week.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    when is it coming back?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I had max Lando a L70 4 star chewie and L1 crap. Chewie probably wasn't needed but you should have him already

With Lando lead he will do 10k crits on the second attack. You need to be able to 1 hit kill with him. So you will need to Omega is AOE however I don't think max gear or possibly even 7 stars is required as the police only have about 8k health. So if you Lando can do that your good.

If guess L80 G9 6 star Lando and crap could beat the challange.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Is it....you know....still weekly?

I wasn't able to finish tier 2 of the last one - so I dropped a pretty healthy investment to level up and gear my scoundrel team.

I realize it isn't the full week yet (going by "calendar weeks") but I'm kind of concerned as I'm relying heavily on this being an ongoing, regular thing (like the Devs said it would be)
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    They gave a range of up to 12 days, so wait until then to complain.
    Post edited by Obs0lete on
  • Obs0lete wrote: »
    They gave a range of up to 10 days, so wait until then to complain.

• Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    My understanding is that it would happen every week (between Monday and Sunday - at a random time). The 12 day range is to cover it happening on a Monday one week, then Sunday the next (which isn't really 12 days - but you get the point).

Not complaining - just expressing concern that with all the other stuff going on - this event may get overlooked and not brought back in the interim.
  • CUNOMOR
    74 posts Member
    They keep promoting it, so hopefully it will pop up shortly.
  • Tolodine
    186 posts Member
    I suppose one could rad one's newsletter in one's inbox, in game.

Appears randomly once, every 6 to 12 days.

There's also a thread about this with math. You know... So you can see what the credits actually work out to be on a daily average.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    So tomorrow, or any day next week
  • Aeriston
    15 posts Member
    I don't understand where people get their info sometime. Here is both direct quotes from the devs regarding this event:

This event will be random when it returns, but we’re aiming for it to be at least 1 day a week and during a weekday.

The Credit Heist event is a new type of event that will appear on a random weekday. The first day of this event will start on June 29th

Look at the AT LEAST 1 day a week part. Then on a weekday. So it's pretty clear its Mon-Fri every week. They even imply it could happen twice.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Since it only occurs on weekdays I expect it to be available by tomorrow
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Every 6-12 days, only on weekdays. I'm not counting the weekends in their "6-12" day comment, as randomness like that would land on a weekend. Also not counting day of event. So once a week, most likely every other week.

ex. The 29th was a Wed. My thinking is it will not have a chance to return until the 7th (six weekdays later), but guaranteed before the 15th (12 weekdays later).

Doesn't seem like such a great credit heist now does it? Also, keep in mind. They removed the daily credit event and replaced it with this. Could have left both, but...credits = crystals = $.
  • Every 6-12 days, only on weekdays. I'm not counting the weekends in their "6-12" day comment, as randomness like that would land on a weekend. Also not counting day of event. So once a week, most likely every other week.

ex. The 29th was a Wed. My thinking is it will not have a chance to return until the 7th (six weekdays later), but guaranteed before the 15th (12 weekdays later).

Doesn't seem like such a great credit heist now does it? Also, keep in mind. They removed the daily credit event and replaced it with this. Could have left both, but...credits = crystals = $.

Every 3-12 days. Not 6. It could show up on Friday and back on Monday. Either way, at lest once a week.
  • Aeriston
    15 posts Member
    Every 6-12 days, only on weekdays. I'm not counting the weekends in their "6-12" day comment, as randomness like that would land on a weekend. Also not counting day of event. So once a week, most likely every other week.

It clearly says at least once a week. Nothing in there indicates every other week. The worst case scenario is it lands on a Monday one week, then a Friday the next. That is 12 days. It could also be the reverse. A Friday one week, then Monday the next with a 3 day window. So its every week with a randomness of 3-12 days.

• Aeriston wrote: »
    This event will be random when it returns, but we’re aiming for it to be at least 1 day a week and during a weekday.

What they 'aim' for and what happens are not necessarily the same thing ;)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Aeriston wrote: »

What they 'aim' for and what happens are not necessarily the same thing ;)

This is ABSOLUTELY correct. +100000000000
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tolodine
    186 posts Member
    +1

I can't believe people just ignore the operative word 'aim' in that sentence

"Chance of Full Gear"

Did you really expect Full Gear every time? Or did you read the first word and just ignore it?
  • Need this now!
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    It's still ****.

They advertise this under the pretense that it's weekly so we spend all or money on it. Then mysteriously out could be only 2 times a month if your days don't line up.

I'm getting really sick and tired of this game.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Is it....you know....still weekly?

I wasn't able to finish tier 2 of the last one - so I dropped a pretty healthy investment to level up and gear my scoundrel team.

I realize it isn't the full week yet (going by "calendar weeks") but I'm kind of concerned as I'm relying heavily on this being an ongoing, regular thing (like the Devs said it would be)

What you did there is exactly why I'll probably never actually do this event. At least not until Scoundrels actually get a buff.

I currently have one scoundrel: Chewie. Each new scoundrel would cost me 7m credits. I would never make that money back through the event. And given that scoundrels and currently mostly meh, I have no reason to do the event.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Tolodine wrote: »
    I suppose one could rad one's newsletter in one's inbox, in game.

Appears randomly once, every 6 to 12 days.

There's also a thread about this with math. You know... So you can see what the credits actually work out to be on a daily average.

There is no average its a finite exact amount. You get 150K for Tier I and 350K for Tier II

You can complete both tiers twice for a total of 1 million credits.