The Scoundrel Rebellion

Dustynutz95
108 posts Member
edited July 2016
So I'm all about the arena and have been seeing essentially the same 3 or 4 squads in the top 100 and I'd like to try something different. I've been running:
QGJ (L)
St Han
Phasma
Lando
Lumi

I've been able to stay in the top 100 with this team but I'm getting bored with it. My new idea is a rebel/scoundrel squad.

Lando (L)
Leia
Greedo
St Han
Chewie

I know this team will be an obvious target on defense but I think it'd be a helluva lot of fun to use. Curious about opinions on it. I know a lot of people don't like greedo but he'll be fast as hell and I've since him do crazy dmg under Lando lead. Him, Leia and Lando will be powerhouses if left alive which is the point of the double taunters. Please don't recommend RG/Rey/5s/evasion lead. Trying to get away from these.
Anybody have a maxed chewie that can tell me if he's worth it? Will him and Han taunt at the same time making chewies useless? Or should I keep phasma/QGJ in there?

Thanks for reading and any opinions will be appreciated
Post edited by Dustynutz95 on

Replies

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    In my experience, multiple special taunters will taunt at the same time under AI control. I believe Chewie maxed is good for raids, but it may stop there.

I like Greedo. I only have him 5* now, but he has one of the highest basic damage attacks in the game. The problem on D is that he will throw his TD first and it's almost a wasted turn. But I'm sure you know this. I like to run Greedo with Phasma (though I don't do so in Arena).

I've had decent experience with Boba's ability block. You might throw him in there. I'm also intrigued by Bane because of the ability to stun.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    In my experience, multiple special taunters will taunt at the same time under AI control. I believe Chewie maxed is good for raids, but it may stop there.

I like Greedo. I only have him 5* now, but he has one of the highest basic damage attacks in the game. The problem on D is that he will throw his TD first and it's almost a wasted turn. But I'm sure you know this. I like to run Greedo with Phasma (though I don't do so in Arena).

I've had decent experience with Boba's ability block. You might throw him in there. I'm also intrigued by Bane because of the ability to stun.

That's a shame about the double taunt as everyone will simply debuff Hans and chewies only lasts one turn anyway. But I'm glad to finally hear someone else who's likes Greedo! At 7* gear 9 he's capable of doing over 10k dmg with his double attack. Still considering keeping phasma in there for exactly that reason. I'm also very intrigued with the idea of boba or bane in there as well but they're much further away from stars and gear. May try them once they catch up though. Thanks for the input
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    If only IG-88 were a scoundrel. Then at least there would be some (a little at least) "immediate" benefit to Greedo's thermal detonator. But really that duo would be better if IG-88 was the leader so for this particular thread, I think I diverted too far.

Chewbacca and Han are likely excessive. STH and RG exists to have an auto break in attacks that allows Han to taunt and protect your team even longer. Basically, it extends the auto taunt. Two tanks that need turns to taunt doesn't have the same effect, as the taunts overlap the whole time meaning the protection time is not extended.

That said, I've always believed in Biggs with a Lando lead, but haven't tested. Having someone to call in the awesome Greedo or Leia attack would be great. No evidence Biggs would be better than QGJ, though, and truthfully would have to be waaaaayyyy better to justify not having access to Humbling Blow.

So instead of Chewie, probably QGJ and it's definitely got offensive power. You could also just not use Greedo on defense and put Phasma in instead. And you get to have Lando's smiling face on the Leaderboard!!

• Chewbacca and Han are likely excessive. STH and RG exists to have an auto break in attacks that allows Han to taunt and protect your team even longer. Basically, it extends the auto taunt. Two tanks that need turns to taunt doesn't have the same effect, as the taunts overlap the whole time meaning the protection time is not extended.

That said, I've always believed in Biggs with a Lando lead, but haven't tested. Having someone to call in the awesome Greedo or Leia attack would be great. No evidence Biggs would be better than QGJ, though, and truthfully would have to be waaaaayyyy better to justify not having access to Humbling Blow.

So instead of Chewie, probably QGJ and it's definitely got offensive power. And you get to have Lando's smiling face on the Leaderboard!!

Point taken about the double taunt, never ran two tanks before so I wasn't sure about the dynamics so thank you for that. And I agree with the QGJ point as well, probably gonna scrap Chewie now. Question now is if phasma's advantage up is preferable to the debuff/power up. Also what is Biggs special power that he could possibly replace those two?

• His assist increases critical chance for himself and the one he calls in, and Lando increases critical damage.
  • His assist increases critical chance for himself and the one he calls in, and Lando increases critical damage.

**** that would be nice... May have to start farming him as well
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I like the idea, I am thinking of trying something similar myself. Chewies taunt actually lasts for 2 turns at level 8, so it's not a total waste to run both him and ST Han, but the damage output of the rest of the team would have to be spectacular for it to be a good idea.

Lando-Leia-Greedo might accomplish that, or sub Greedo for your choice of utility and/or damage. On theme those would be Luke, Bane, Dengar. Or possibly keep Greedo, and put in Zam to get some usefulness out of those detonators?

Off theme Rey, Q, Anakin.

Good luck!
  • Chewie is good with omega. Taunt is 2 turns and he can heal/taunt every 3 turns.
  • Chewie is good with omega. Taunt is 2 turns and he can heal/taunt every 3 turns.

Haha my Dusty brotha! That actually sounds decent tho
  • Boba(L) Leia, Lando, STHan, Dengar or phasma
  • Boba(L) Leia, Lando, STHan, Dengar or phasma

This team would be too slow, boba only gives an extra 20% dmg without the speed. Thought about this before but doesn't seem worth it. Thanks tho

^^This. One thing to consider, in this instance Lando's speed boost works against you with Chewie, since his innate slowness allows his taunt to last longer without Lando. Perhaps this isn't an issue with a 2nd tank, but worth taking under consideration anyways. I suppose his TM reduction on his basic attack and the damage boost he'll get from Lando offsets this for the most part anyways, so overall I give Chewie the big thumbs-up.
  • Dustynutz95
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Chewie is good with omega. Taunt is 2 turns and he can heal/taunt every 3 turns.

^^This. One thing to consider, in this instance Lando's speed boost works against you with Chewie, since his innate slowness allows his taunt to last longer without Lando. Perhaps this isn't an issue with a 2nd tank, but worth taking under consideration anyways. I suppose his TM reduction on his basic attack and the damage boost he'll get from Lando offsets this for the most part anyways, so overall I give Chewie the big thumbs-up.

I hadn't considered the speed issue but with the omega information I've decided to farm him anyway and test it myself. Thanks for the advice
  • Theoretically Lando, Leia and Luke would do really well. Luke is tougher than Greedo and won't waste a turn. Plus, he lays down some solid negative status effects. And for the record, I don't hate Greedo but I do hate is gear needs.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Push2Stops wrote: »
    Theoretically Lando, Leia and Luke would do really well. Luke is tougher than Greedo and won't waste a turn. Plus, he lays down some solid negative status effects. And for the record, I don't hate Greedo but I do hate is gear needs.

I love that idea and have started farming him but I don't even have him unlocked yet and Greedo at 7 star lol but somewhere down the road he could be a substitute
  • I have neither so I'm like, Luke is better but Greedo helps with the scoundrel event, but gear, but creds, but gear, but creds, but gear, but creds…Forever.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Push2Stops wrote: »
    I have neither so I'm like, Luke is better but Greedo helps with the scoundrel event, but gear, but creds, but gear, but creds, but gear, but creds…Forever.

Lol the struggle is real bro
  • Ok new idea here

Lando(L)
    Leia
    Sthan
    Dengar

Still really into the rebel/scoundrel hybrid idea and I think this might be the best version. I usually don't put Leia into stealth first turn to get the crit chance up for Lando and dengar as well as making enemy dispeller waste it on that rather than Hans taunt. If I modded dengars speed so he goes before 88, there would hopefully be plenty of debuffs to give 88 some amazing dmg power. Does anyone know if dengar always uses mine mayhem first on defense?
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Replace dengar with phasma or greedo or sun fac for dispell and 2nd taunt