We need a hero...

Prev1
EscapeArtist51
1675 posts Member
edited July 2016
Hello, wise sages of the forum.. It's 6 am, and I'm still up, so I figured I might as well type up an essay on here. @EA_Jesse I really hope you or someone at capital games reads at least a portion of this. Your fanbase is not happy with the recent updates and changes going on. Here is what needs to happen to make this game reach its full potential, and to avoid alienating your customers.. Most of these suggestions are from your fanbase, a small part of it is from me. I'm warning you most of you, it's pretty long. Skip down to the TLDR, for a basic summary.

1. We need more communication, I know some of us can be very negative, and complain a lot, but we have got to receive more feedback than we do right now. That's a huge problem with everything going on right now.

2. Mods CANNOT use cantina energy, it will cause an outrage, and it will destroy any chance of players both new and old farming new toons at a reasonable rate, and getting mods at the same time. 90 percent of players that were polled, said they did not want this. Please listen to them.

3. More toons need to be buffed, and it has to happen soon, people have been using only the same 15 characters in arena for the past 3 or 4 months. Rework Sidious, maul, Mace windu, boba fett, and other iconic characters, we would prefer that, instead of a new generic bland character. You can even rework p2p toons and put them back in aurodiums, like Darth maul. We'd eat that up like hot cakes.

4. Galactic war needs to be toned down, or adjusted in some way. According to most players they don't find it fun, they also find it very time consuming. Why not boost the rewards, and by a lot.. It would be a lot better if we got like 800k for completing it. We already don't have enough money to farm new characters as it is. That would really help us all out. Why should we have to wait 2 weeks, just to get a toon to lvl 80 and 7 star them?

5. Mods MUST have a damage limit of + 10 percent at max. If it's anymore than that.. Rey at max gear with damage mods, will be able to one hit a lot of characters, before their turn even begins. You should not allow a mod that increases evasion, because that encourages luck, not strategy.

6. AI needs to be fixed, characters like Asajj ventress have been unuseable in arena due to dispel not working effectively. She should be changed to make her AI only use dispel, when the opponent has a taunt, foresight, or two or more enemies have offense up. Qui gon should also not use humbling blow on foresight... because that's stoopid. But yeah, these are the changes that you need to make, if you don't, this game will most likely die well before its time.

TLDR: I hate you, you should've read it.

Replies

• I know it's against terms of service and all, but I'm feeling like a bad boy, so im gonna tag all the developers because I want someone to read these changes @CG_JohnSalera @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_AaronNemoyten
  • Where have all the good men gone
    And where are all the gods?
    Where's the street-wise Hercules
    To fight the rising odds?
    Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
    Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need!!
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    A well written dream. To dissappear into the night, not the Vikings' dream, but the only wish of a desperate child.
  • Where have all the good men gone
    And where are all the gods?
    Where's the street-wise Hercules
    To fight the rising odds?
    Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
    Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need!!
    That was deep bro..
    Keyper wrote: »
    A well written dream. To dissappear into the night, not the Vikings' dream, but the only wish of a desperate child.
    ?!?! Desperate child? Those are fighting words. You don't wanna get into a fight with the dood on my profile pic. He go hard like junkyard.
  • You called?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • You called?
    Batman. The games in trouble. Someone has kidnapped the developers and is forcing them to add in mods. We have to do something.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Take it easy, Tough Stuff. I know better than to rattle the chain of a junkyard dog. I just meant your post will go unread by those you want.
  • This will be moved somewhere in a bit. . Thats how it is in this tiny world they created.

But you raised very valid points.

Cantina energy for mods means we can't farm characters anymore. And it takes 300+ shards at ~30% drop rate. Now we have to split it with the mods, which will probably have the same or lower drop rates. I've been using my normal energy for their 50+ grindy materials at <30% drop rates. (Like today, I only got one cuff from 200+ energy). That sucks. =( But Im very open to the mods thing. Might make the game more exciting?

The GW is really becoming a hellish of experience. It's not the difficulty for me but the time I need to finish it is irritating. We do have real life jobs right.

Sometimes I ask myself why I even play this game. It's stressful as hell and less fun compared to when I started last november. But I really love star wars, and Im sure there's an addiction component. Would have been nice to have a game that grants some form of gratification and fulfilment after a hard day's work. Definitely not this game right now. =D
  • Keyper wrote: »
    Take it easy, Tough Stuff. I know better than to rattle the chain of a junkyard dog. I just meant your post will go unread by those you want.
    Lol I know. It was just a joke. And yeah, I already am aware, the devs all are running Old Ben lead, and I missed my attack here.
  • Hello, wise sages of the forum.. It's 6 am, and I'm still up, so I figured I might as well type up an essay on here. @EA_Jesse I really hope you or someone at capital games reads at least a portion of this. Your fanbase is not happy with the recent updates and changes going on. Here is what needs to happen to make this game reach its full potential, and to avoid alienating your customers.. Most of these suggestions are from your fanbase, a small part of it is from me. I'm warning you most of you, it's pretty long. Skip down to the TLDR, for a basic summary.

1. We need more communication, I know some of us can be very negative, and complain a lot, but we have got to receive more feedback than we do right now. That's a huge problem with everything going on right now.

2. Mods CANNOT use cantina energy, it will cause an outrage, and it will destroy any chance of players both new and old farming new toons at a reasonable rate, and getting mods at the same time. 90 percent of players that were polled, said they did not want this. Please listen to them.

3. More toons need to be buffed, and it has to happen soon, people have been using only the same 15 characters in arena for the past 3 or 4 months. Rework Sidious, maul, Mace windu, boba fett, and other iconic characters, we would prefer that, instead of a new generic bland character. You can even rework p2p toons and put them back in aurodiums, like Darth maul. We'd eat that up like hot cakes.

4. Galactic war needs to be toned down, or adjusted in some way. According to most players they don't find it fun, they also find it very time consuming. Why not boost the rewards, and by a lot.. It would be a lot better if we got like 800k for completing it. We already don't have enough money to farm new characters as it is. That would really help us all out. Why should we have to wait 2 weeks, just to get a toon to lvl 80 and 7 star them?

5. Mods MUST have a damage limit of + 10 percent at max. If it's anymore than that.. Rey at max gear with damage mods, will be able to one hit a lot of characters, before their turn even begins. You should not allow a mod that increases evasion, because that encourages luck, not strategy.

6. AI needs to be fixed, characters like Asajj ventress have been unuseable in arena due to dispel not working effectively. She should be changed to make her AI only use dispel, when the opponent has a taunt, foresight, or two or more enemies have offense up. Qui gon should also not use humbling blow on foresight... because that's stoopid. But yeah, these are the changes that you need to make, if you don't, this game will most likely die well before its time.

TLDR: I hate you, you should've read it.

I know it doesnt matter since this will disappear into the nirvana, but if theyd changed or cared for every point you said this game would have all my major concerns adressed and would be really good. +1
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Go to sleep yo!
  • Alexone wrote: »
    Go to sleep yo!
    Haven't been to sleep in 6 years man. At night I sit in my chair and wait for the sun to rise.
  • The North remembers!
  • Alexone wrote: »
    Go to sleep yo!

Sleep is for the weak
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Seeing similar toons in arena doesn't necessarily mean other toons need to be buffed. It means people are impressionable and follow trends. They see a toon high in ranking so they feel like they need that toon to compete.

There was just a guy who recently had #1 spot in arena with Boba Fett for cryin' out loud lol
  • Kingken85
    410 posts Member
    +1
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Seeing similar toons in arena doesn't necessarily mean other toons need to be buffed. It means people are impressionable and follow trends. They see a toon high in ranking so they feel like they need that toon to compete.

There was just a guy who recently had #1 spot in arena with Boba Fett for cryin' out loud lol

This is just not true @Chewplebcca . Not saying I don't believe you about boba guy, but it is not true as in the same toons are seen in arena because people follow trends and are impressionable. I have tried to run many diff arena teams and with each one you see the effects on your rank. I slowly make adjustments to decrease the rate I fall in arena and that's how you know which team is best. I'm now being "forced" to add old Ben to my team soon because I'm tired of dropping out of top 10 while my buddy stays top 3 all day everyday because he's running the meta 5.

Can there be diversity? Sure I mean anyone could run any toons. But is that likely, given they will no longer be competitive? We need better ai is what it boils down to. Even some basic focus fire would go a long way on ai. Target dos when taunt is not up, dispel properly, have moves work as intended. That is what is holding this game back
  • The devs don't care, they just keep releasing new content and don't fix the massive laundry list of bugs and problems this game has already.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    Seeing similar toons in arena doesn't necessarily mean other toons need to be buffed. It means people are impressionable and follow trends. They see a toon high in ranking so they feel like they need that toon to compete.

This is just not true @Chewplebcca . Not saying I don't believe you about boba guy, but it is not true as in the same toons are seen in arena because people follow trends and are impressionable. I have tried to run many diff arena teams and with each one you see the effects on your rank. I slowly make adjustments to decrease the rate I fall in arena and that's how you know which team is best. I'm now being "forced" to add old Ben to my team soon because I'm tired of dropping out of top 10 while my buddy stays top 3 all day everyday because he's running the meta 5.

So your big worry is dropping down a few slots from top 10? And now you feel like you're forced to use Ben to stop that? Sounds like you're looking for an auto pilot. I happen to like checking in and actively participating to try and climb and/or keep rank.

• EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »

So your big worry is dropping down a few slots from top 10? And now you feel like you're forced to use Ben to stop that? Sounds like you're looking for an auto pilot. I happen to like checking in and actively participating to try and climb and/or keep rank.
    Looking for an auto pilot? What? Who is this guy? Do you work for ea? Can you tell them about this thread? I can get #1 with ugnaught on my team, why do you think someone getting it with boba fett there is impressive? They lost that rank 10 mins later anyways. Old man dodgeball is the best and most reliable defense in arena. This is obvious unless you are a new player. Everyone uses the same 15 toons, at high arena tiers because well, all the others are just so much worse.

We all know a lot of toons need a buff, this is common knowledge, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. Alot of the iconic characters suck. There's no reason to use Sidious, maul, Vader, boba, mace windu, and a lot of fan favorite characters strictly because they are all outclassed by someone else. Why would anyone anyone use any of the aforementioned toons, when they can just use Rey and do double or triple the damage?
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    EscapeArtist you are a hero to me <3 lmao
  • WhiskeyPug wrote: »

Looking for an auto pilot? What? Who is this guy? Do you work for ea? Can you tell them about this thread? I can get #1 with ugnaught on my team, why do you think someone getting it with boba fett there is impressive? They lost that rank 10 mins later anyways. Old man dodgeball is the best and most reliable defense in arena. This is obvious unless you are a new player. Everyone uses the same 15 toons, at high arena tiers because well, all the others are just so much worse.

We all know a lot of toons need a buff, this is common knowledge, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. Alot of the iconic characters suck. There's no reason to use Sidious, maul, Vader, boba, mace windu, and a lot of fan favorite characters strictly because they are all outclassed by someone else. Why would anyone anyone use any of the aforementioned toons, when they can just use Rey and do double or triple the damage?

Because we don't want to use Rey, it's as simple as that. I use a Jedi/clone team because I want to. I don't want to use a cookie cutter team because it's boring to see the same exact toons EVERYWHERE. I'm just trying to change the meta, one toon at a time
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • WhiskeyPug wrote: »

Because we don't want to use Rey, it's as simple as that. I use a Jedi/clone team because I want to. I don't want to use a cookie cutter team because it's boring to see the same exact toons EVERYWHERE. I'm just trying to change the meta, one toon at a time
    Yeah batman, the world needs more heroes like you. However, it's impossible to make it work with most toons on the game. There is no team at all where Darth Sidious can fit in. He'll never be useable unless they rework the guy. That's the biggest problem I have with this game. I have to use a meta team to stay effective, I can't go farm my favorite character ugnaught and place him in my team because he sucks.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    Go to sleep yo!

Sleep is for the weak

Actually it's quite the opposite. It's been scientifically proven that sleep allows the body to heal making it stronger. Now when you don't sleep there is no healing process taken place. Your brain begins to go into this confusion state a delirium of sorts, if you will. Eventually, after undergoing multiple patterns of lack of sleep will cause brain damage.

We may be on to something here though..there has been a rather high number of weak minded posts on the forums lately. Maybe these people don't sleep..and thus results into people posting things that they aren't using their brain for.
  • Gundam_Raizer
    171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I know it's against terms of service and all, but I'm feeling like a bad boy, so im gonna tag all the developers because I want someone to read these changes @CG_JohnSalera @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_AaronNemoyten

Lol could just messaged ppl to link one of em per message to link one of em lmfao. I am also getting tired of them myself. It's not the rescheduland stuff either. It's the outright lies. We have proof. We aren't imagining it. We aren't in a situation where they can say we should be quiet about it. They lied about their stealth update on GW for example for 2 days so they could go on vacation without hearing the feedback or deal with the aftermath. Fact is they don't care nor do they want to do anything about it.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    Yeah.....i agree with the OP on every point...and a lot more points could be there.
  • Jordn
    15 posts Member
    Praise Jesus!!!!! Take the podium and preach
  • Jordn wrote: »
    Praise Jesus!!!!! Take the podium and preach

100.gif
  • Please delete your account
  • Please delete your account

100.gif