How should I farm?

Sounds stupid, I know. But honestly I don't how what to think anymore. I'm level 51, and it's kind of frustrating seeing other F2P players with a lot of high level chars and level 6 gear. I've seen and heard about people who get a lot of gear, training droids, shards and even unlocks two characters per day or ascend a character up to five stars the same day they get them.

I have currently 1.9K cantina shards, 1.5K arena tokens, 1.6K war tokens and 254 crystals. I'm aiming ATM to unlock Poe, Fives, Old Daka, FO Officer, and General Veers. Also I'm trying to ascend and gear some of my chars like Royal Guard FO Stormtrooper, Biggs and Resistance Trooper just to mention a few.

I know it's a lot of work. A lot of char/shards, gears and training droids. But like I've said before, I've seen and heard about people who does everything I mentioned above per day and on a week or less they get results.

So, hoping to have stated my point, guess I need to learn how to farm properly. So someone could help me with it?

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    money talks, for one thing. refill refill refill
    mighty chlorians
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The only F2P way I know of to unlock 2 characters per day is to unlock the 10 shard ones...it is impossible to get a hero to 5 star the same day you unlock as F2P with 1 exception, you wait and bank enough shards to rank it up to 5 before you unlock it, probably because you hope you will get it in a free pack.

I farm 6 hard node shards per day
    I buy 2 regular refills per day and focus on gear for my top 5, I can get 1 epic piece in about 2 days (from 0).
    I farm kylo ren and buy 1 refill per day
    That works out to just over 1 Cantina shipment per day.
    I finish GW every day
    I place in the top 50 (as low as 6 once) in the arena every day

This averages to about 47 shards a day. This seems to me to be about the F2P ceiling.

Now that I have finally maxed gear I will go back to farming more hard nodes.
  • Do GW every day, get as high as possible in squad arena, and do your dailies. Spend your energies farming the shards you want.

Not complicated, and will accelerate by buying energy with your shards.
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • alkaiser93 wrote: »
    Sounds stupid, I know. But honestly I don't how what to think anymore. I'm level 51, and it's kind of frustrating seeing other F2P players with a lot of high level chars and level 6 gear. I've seen and heard about people who get a lot of gear, training droids, shards and even unlocks two characters per day or ascend a character up to five stars the same day they get them.

I have currently 1.9K cantina shards, 1.5K arena tokens, 1.6K war tokens and 254 crystals. I'm aiming ATM to unlock Poe, Fives, Old Daka, FO Officer, and General Veers. Also I'm trying to ascend and gear some of my chars like Royal Guard FO Stormtrooper, Biggs and Resistance Trooper just to mention a few.

I know it's a lot of work. A lot of char/shards, gears and training droids. But like I've said before, I've seen and heard about people who does everything I mentioned above per day and on a week or less they get results.

So, hoping to have stated my point, guess I need to learn how to farm properly. So someone could help me with it?

Been playing for a week and a half as a F2P currently @ level 51. Got phasma from using android. Running with (Leader)phasma 3* gear 6, lumi 5* gear 6, sid 5* gear 6, jc 4 * gear 7, dooku 4* gear 6. I was got lucky with a bronzium pack and picked up a 3* dooku.

If you do a bit of searching on these forums its full of advice on how to progress faster even for f2p players. Some might not like having the same carbon copy teams as everyone else but getting sid and lumi was a game changer. They are more viable for GW clears. I was not able to clear GW for the first 3 times, but now it's been 7/10 and all those tokens go to lumi shards. Once she is 6* phasma will be starred next up to 6* then back to lumi for 7*.

What I'm trying to say is pick the toons that can help you clear gw, finish in top 50 arena. Use those tokens daily you got hoarded up. Shipments refresh every 6 hours. Focus on getting one toon and starring them. It is tempting to collect bunch of toons but it dosent help in the long run. Rather than spreading your resources too thin focus on maximizing your elite team.

With all this said, I assume you don't have lumi or sid. Get them. Use up your energy everyday. Use the crystals from arena rewards to do refresh(2x for ds/ls battles) and 1x for cantina. This is how everyone has high level gear from farming. Don't waste energy on hard nodes unless of course its dooku(to me its with spending 76e to get his shards).

Gear > stars

Hope this offers you a bit of insight~
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I started an f2p alt a couple weeks after my main since there's such a hard block on game play.

Been using this strategy for maximum table payouts:

Stimmed to top 5 of arena by day 2 award time.
    Use 2 cantina refresh per day with reward crystals for maximum shards and ability mats (tier III ability mats are the most scarce item you will need).
    2 energy refresh per day for fast leveling to 40 and gear, after that at your own discretion or gear impatience.
    Win every GW (17 so far).
    Using this strategy you can farm at these rates:

Using 8 energy cantina missions:

315 cantina missions per week (126 shards a week at a drop rate of 40%)
    50 cantina shipment shards per week.

Or using 10 energy cantina missions:

252 cantina missions per week (75 shards a week at a drop rate of 30%)
    53 cantina shipment shards per week.

Plus

96 Arena shards per week with rank 1 rewards.
    105 GW Shipment shards per week.

And there you have it. Max f2p farming rates for the main sources. You will also slowly accumulate crystals you can save for chromium or the odd third cantina refresh, depending how often you may need to refresh battles or countdown on the arena to snipe #1 each day, or failing to make #1 every day you should still be able to easily fund your cantina refreshes including your daily mission rewards.

Personally I don't have many competing for rank 1 on either of my accounts in my timezone so am very fortunate to maximise arena table payouts.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • alkaiser93
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My team ATM

Phasma 4* Level V Gear, Level 50
    Lumi 4* Level IV Gear, Level 50
    Barriss 4* Level VI Gear, Level 50
    Stormtrooper Han 3* Level V Gear, Level 47
    JC 3* Level IV Gear, Level 47

Squad Power 10688

Arena ranking 923 currently. Max spot I got was 718. I always clear GW and the Daily Activities.
  • 1. Uh... no Sid? Han is good, but too squishy at lower stars
    2. You seem to be spreading out your resources which isn't probably a good thing to do, especially for a F2P player; we just don't have the luxury of getting various heroes and trying out different combinations. Choose a type of team (AOE, critical, counter/assist, droids, etc.) that you want to build and then focus on farming those heroes that fit the picture
    3. Speaking of which, not sure what is the identity of your current team. Han draws away fire and Phasma slows opponents down, but there is not enough damage in your current line-up to leverage that
  • I think they're going with the "hope attacker's phone dies before killing me" strategy. Alternatively, on attack, they could be going for the old "heal until the AI gives up". :D
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • You need to know what is f2p
    You might want Jedi sky walker you might want Babo you might just want focusing on character you like even they are not good at fighting
    But you are nothing to the view of game producer

So everyone can just focusing on the character they don't like
    Seriously Lum is ugly enough for everyone not using it but she is most easily farm in f2p

I advice you not to 7* five character as it will take too long before you quit the game and given that I am at old server top 500 I guess is all 6/7* I can't go rank 20-50 the award isn't that different even you do so

You like to win you can do so but if you like Star Wars character just farm what you want
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    1. Uh... no Sid? Han is good, but too squishy at lower stars
    2. You seem to be spreading out your resources which isn't probably a good thing to do, especially for a F2P player; we just don't have the luxury of getting various heroes and trying out different combinations. Choose a type of team (AOE, critical, counter/assist, droids, etc.) that you want to build and then focus on farming those heroes that fit the picture
    3. Speaking of which, not sure what is the identity of your current team. Han draws away fire and Phasma slows opponents down, but there is not enough damage in your current line-up to leverage that

Well, there's no particular strategy. Phasma and Han make good synergy and act like pseudo damage dealers. Then Lumi to block enemy taunt or potencial enemy ability like Sid DB (since she goes first mostly) JC and Barriss act as healers.

I have thinking about farming Poe to replace Han. I also got Resistance Trooper and Resistance Pilot from GooglePlay/Bronzium so perhaps I'll try to make a Resistance team with Biggs, since that 75% crit chance assist it's something and synergises well with Resistance Pilot and most of the team.

I've also thinking about a FO Team. I've already have Phasma, FOTP and FO Stormtrooper. So once I reach level 53 I'll be farming both Kylo and FO Officer at the Cantina. I know FOTP will be hard to farm, so perhaps another character like Old Daka/Ewok Healer as support. Also, I remember that once I borrowed an Old Daka from an ally. And paired with Phasma's leader ability I managed to stun 3/5 enemies.

For my current squad, guess I need a damage dealer and maybe replace JC for another damage dealer or another healer like Daka.

Im at 15 shards to unlock Fives and Dooku and 30 to unlock Vader. 70 to unlock Boba Fett and 65 to unlock Old Daka. I haven't started to farm Poe yet.
  • Bumping the thread
  • I'm f2p. What is your arena rank? That is the most important thing for a f2p player, I am in top 100 and I'm getting 100 crystals every day which means 2 energy refills = 240 more energy than someone who can't refill. Top 500 is also fine since 60 from arena + achievements + GW should mean that u can get also 2 refills a day.

And as f2p you should concentrate only on few characters at a time. It is much better to have one 7* and one 5* and three 4* than to have hundred 5* characters. Also only farm eauipment for your main arena team. That is the best way to get some high-powet people. The main thing is to only use crystals to energy refills, nothing else. And with that energy you farm gear for your main squad.

I have now played for a month and I have 1 7* and 2 6*. After I have full five 7* guys it is time to start unlocking people just for the fun. It will be much faster with a good squad.