Raid Gear in Shard Store

Fatzke
705 posts Member
I can't find it in the updates.
Can we buy the gear for only a specific time, or will this be permanently? I wonder if it would make any sense to farm shard currency, because when the gear will disappear soon, it would be a pretty waste of gw/ arena/ cantina currency.

Replies

• They said it would be a week.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52122/game-update-7-6-2016#latest
    Second bullet point:
    For the next 7 days you can now refresh the Shard Shop with CRYSTALS. During this time you can purchase exclusive Raid Gear in addition to General Grievous and random character shards. This Event ends on July 11th.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Ah ok, there it is. Thanks a lot.
  • Looks like it is still active. Hope it stays like this since after 30 raids I still only have 15/50 pieces of raid salvage. At least this way I can get raid gear eventually.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I hope it goes away sooner than later
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    I hope it goes away sooner than later

Krackens made out like bandits
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Ive only just realised the gold mine of this.... have over 25k of gw tokens doing nothing so been converting to shard shop for furnaces today but really missed an opportunity with this grrrr
  • I'm on a newer shard and up until a week ago it was mostly gear 8 with the occasional gear 9. The top spenders now have gear 10 and 11. Those teams were near impossible before. Now I can't even touch those teams.
  • I'm on a newer shard and up until a week ago it was mostly gear 8 with the occasional gear 9. The top spenders now have gear 10 and 11. Those teams were near impossible before. Now I can't even touch those teams.

This is true. I'm now at the point where I lose 4/5 PVP attempts in a day as everyone above me is G9+. I don't have 1 character at G9. I definitely think it was a bad idea to put the gear in the shard shop but the damage has been done. All the top players had loads of shard currency to spend on gear. At least if they leave it there, others have a chance to farm some gear. If they remove it from the store and you are only able to get the gear from raids again, I think it will take about 4 months before I get my first piece of gear. At that stage, there will be no point in even trying to attempt PVP.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    It's an ebb and flow as far as the gap widening and closing. I was still able to beat teams for a while that were way higher than myself and then all of the sudden, I couldn't. Then I would catch up, then fall back, etc. etc. I'm on a march server so leveling was fairly steady for all of us, then the whales just blew right past us once we hit 70. We're all fairly equal right now, but I think the mods are going to be the game changer again.

Also, if you aren't doing Tier 7 raids, find a guild who does. Even the lower damages can receive fully crafted gear (in fact, that's USUALLY the case). I normally finish top 10 and receive 40 salvages, but I still have to craft that gear and the furnaces take 50 of those syringes to craft.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    It's an ebb and flow as far as the gap widening and closing. I was still able to beat teams for a while that were way higher than myself and then all of the sudden, I couldn't. Then I would catch up, then fall back, etc. etc. I'm on a march server so leveling was fairly steady for all of us, then the whales just blew right past us once we hit 70. We're all fairly equal right now, but I think the mods are going to be the game changer again.

Also, if you aren't doing Tier 7 raids, find a guild who does. Even the lower damages can receive fully crafted gear (in fact, that's USUALLY the case). I normally finish top 10 and receive 40 salvages, but I still have to craft that gear and the furnaces take 50 of those syringes to craft.

Yes, I think I also started around March/April. I was fine up until 70 but then everything went to hell. My guild is still on T5 though :(