Has SWGOH become your second job?

Nightlores
1608 posts Member
edited July 2016
Today I realised something after doing 12 GW nodes, 6x Forest Moon event, Light side battles (sim), Dark side battles (sim), Cantina battles (sim), 5x Arena matches, 21 Challenges and logging in 3 different times a day to benefit from the energy bonus. This game takes to much of my time and feels like a second job. Some friends and guildies been saying goodbye to SWGOH for this very same reason and I am wondering if more of you feel this way and what can we (hope the devs listen) do about it? I love this game and would hate to join their journey soon...

Has SWGOH become your second job? 141 votes

Yes, GW should take less time to complete.
29%
Sticare_Courts_0073clhsKonaEhukaiTakDeathstrokevincentlondonKAULIEnderUPadmeJayzzorgiggsyMeese_Rancherkaleb314irvvriSikhoItsJarJarBinkzPopcornWilchofutszaqJbizzyGMarkatona 41 votes
Yes, one Event Battle a day (Combined reward)
2%
IsThisThomThyskKebab 3 votes
Yes, use sim tickets for challenges and remove the timer
2%
papnworsTaramelZaramObs0lete 4 votes
Yes, all above options please
54%
Taniwhaiam12fearIvoB1987Frano_BattousaiStav_KoobuStarSonRonTombenacrowThePedroKidDarkAegisunit900000Mofojokers1992ElyndriaSmithieRichardBon_ElAnnastraszaBoxandthefuzzGo_BlueMeiai 77 votes
No, the game is fine as it is.
11%
KYLO_SAM84Darth_MalakCoolhand_LukeKellJaceSamuraiSaralebDarling_VentressloumcgarretTeagueGrandmoffkragglRushlGlitterOutlawGreenGoblin96No_TryRowdyICiNinja420 16 votes

Replies

• Yes, GW should take less time to complete.
    Yes especially the 8 nodes of ewok event
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    It's not a job because 1) No pay 2) No benefits 3) Don't have to put in 8 hours if I don't feel like it.
  • kaleb314
    146 posts Member
    Yes, GW should take less time to complete.
    I'm not sure how it is now since I quit a few weeks ago, but I did quit because everything felt like such a chore and it wasn't fun anymore
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    GW best mode in the game. No it doesnt feel like a job, and no the game isnt fine as it is. horrible poll.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • True words
  • Yes, all above options please
    Yes especially the 8 nodes of ewok event

You spent like 10 minutes getting there then elder pulls off some crazy **** and there goes your time. When this happens multiple times, you wasted an hour of your life.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    No, the game is fine as it is.
    I play in the toilet at work.........
  • Dizzle
    80 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I play in the toilet at work.........

I wish I could get away with 3 hours of dump time
    I'm getting ready for work right now
    What do you mean, SECOND job?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • No, the game is fine as it is.
    Not a 2nd job, but my only job. Though there is so much to do that it nearly takes all day, you can't blame the devs for not providing any content. Unfortunately, it is necessary to complete all of the content to remain competitive. A casual now and then player will not achieve much. This is the nature of the game.
    So it is really a matter of choosing if one is willing to make the commitment or play another game.
  • Jonly
    15 posts Member
    It's more enjoyable putting the phone down with more to do than it was to run out of things to do after 20 minutes when I started playing last year.
  • Yes, use sim tickets for challenges and remove the timer
    Jonly wrote: »
    It's more enjoyable putting the phone down with more to do than it was to run out of things to do after 20 minutes when I started playing last year.

Agree with this.
    6 months ago it took 30mins to complete everything and people complained endlessly.
    They've now added raids, regular events.a GW that's a challenge and people complain there is too much to do.

You gotta lol.

But yeah taking the timer out of challenges would be a plus.
    This should happen. They should make it a part of their CSR - promoting well-being with their games. That's not exclusive to gaining profit IMO.

But people are generally unhappy even the P2P and it's weird.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    It's now my only job. I didn't have time to both play Heroes and leave the house for work everyday so I had to quit that job. Unfortunately, that meant I had to stop my $100/day spending habit on the game. Sorry about that, game Co. On the bright side, as ftp now, I do get an extra 10 ally points for playing out all my battles instead of using SIM.
    EA is like "ok I hear what they're saying, make GW harder and add more useless chores and events."
  • No, the game is fine as it is.
    papnwors wrote: »
    Jonly wrote: »

Agree with this.
    6 months ago it took 30mins to complete everything and people complained endlessly.
    They've now added raids, regular events.a GW that's a challenge and people complain there is too much to do.

You gotta lol.

But yeah taking the timer out of challenges would be a plus.

Can't agree more!