End game vs all around game

sying
982 posts Member
I'm not sure TPTB, be it the devs or whoever the devs answer to are thinking about the game long term. This is Star Wars, it should almost pay for itself. But what they're doing is building on the top portion of the game instead of the all around game.

Think about it, mods open up at what, lvl 50? That means that if a new player is smart and stops at node 1 of cantina and just farms GS, they'll be at level 50 before GS is 7*, probably. Now, they have one toon from cantina and must decide between mods and the entire rest of cantina.

Not only that, but now they have scoundrels for extra credits. We are talking about toons that, for the most part, are outright terrible everywhere outside of that event. Sure, Lando is pretty versatile and people are talking about using Chewie in raids, but outside of that the scoundrels are fairly underwhelming. New people, if they want extra credits will have to farm those toons to the detriment of their arena and raid teams. To say nothing of the other events going on. Yoda, rebels, and empire events. Those are dangling carrots to even people far along in the game. It's demotivating to new people when it's going to be seemingly forever before they can even participate let alone win. Especially since they'll have to choose between arena, scoundrels, raids, rebels/clones, empire/droids, raids, etc. Sure, the teams can build on one another, but overall the teams will take a lot of time to build.

My point is, these events and mods are "end game" (I really hate that term because it infers the end of the game is soon, and it might be). All of these could be a turn off to new people, new customers really.

I don't want to be negative. Not at all. I want the game to thrive. I want to be playing this game next year. I do have ideas to counteract these complaints. I hate it when people complain and offer nothing constructive. If it were me, I'd start with not adding so many events that require maxed players and start with lower tier events for newer players that continuously build on each other. The achievements for these events can't be earned until the highest level at the time of introduction.

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I don't disagree with your points above. However endgame doesn't mean the end of the game. when most games come onto the market the game has been fully designed that endgame exists. Bowser was ready to throw fireballs at Mario on day 1. Here endgame means that we would atleast be out of beta, if a reasonable number of bugs were fixed.