How are GW opponents determined? Can this information be provided please?

This is a legitimate question.
How are GW opponents determined? There are many many thoughts and theories, but is it possible to just flat out tell us? Here's why I ask.

If I lower my arena team and thus drop lower in the arena am I able to have a bit easier time in the GW? IE: Can I sacrifice my Arena rank to be able to complete GW.

Is the way GW calculated locked to a specific number that I can't have any effect on at this point?

Lastly, will the new MODS system increase the Arena power of teams enough that if I don't mod my arena team my opponents should get easier as everyone MODS their teams?

Honestly, at this point I will do what ever I need to do to make GW easier for me so I can actually complete it.

I can accept that GW is going to stay broken if there was a way for me to drop to a reasonable level to complete it both for credits, mats, crystals, and Completion credit.

Replies

• Options
    Can we get some transparency on this GW thing. Some of us want to complete it, and want to know what we can do to lower our GW opponents even if it means sacrificing somewhere else.

If I change my Arena team to 25K and drop way down, will that help?

I don't think this is something that should be hard to answer, and it's really ignorant to constantly ignore the cries of the many.

If you want to leave GW the way it is, at least give us the details on how we can better our situation.
  • Options
    So a long time ago, it was stated that GW was calculated on your arena power, but they recorded the last highest arena power win you had. So if at one point you won with a team at 30K arena power, even if you dropped your team to 25K, GW still uses that 30k arena power to define your opponents. Here is the link, though it's old and there have been so many updates since then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/

The thing I don't like most about this is that they have lowered all of our characters power levels, but have kept our last known arena power win. So I was at about 28.7K arena power, and now my team is at about 27K. So if they are still using the above method, my characters are not even as strong as they were before, but the GW difficulty is the same, and with the addition of mods, even more so.

I guess our best bet is to just mod the heck out of our characters and then also hope the GW opponents aren't doing the same.

Lastly, again, this is kind of outdated information and speculation. There could be all kinds of things going on that they aren't showing, so I agree with the need for transparency on how this all works. I guess there is a new update regarding balances coming in the future I believe:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial#latest

Maybe that'll fix some things.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    So a long time ago, it was stated that GW was calculated on your arena power, but they recorded the last highest arena power win you had. So if at one point you won with a team at 30K arena power, even if you dropped your team to 25K, GW still uses that 30k arena power to define your opponents. Here is the link, though it's old and there have been so many updates since then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/

The thing I don't like most about this is that they have lowered all of our characters power levels, but have kept our last known arena power win. So I was at about 28.7K arena power, and now my team is at about 27K. So if they are still using the above method, my characters are not even as strong as they were before, but the GW difficulty is the same, and with the addition of mods, even more so.

I guess our best bet is to just mod the heck out of our characters and then also hope the GW opponents aren't doing the same.

Lastly, again, this is kind of outdated information and speculation. There could be all kinds of things going on that they aren't showing, so I agree with the need for transparency on how this all works. I guess there is a new update regarding balances coming in the future I believe:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial#latest

Maybe that'll fix some things.

So if your arena is 30k for example its based off that so if your b team is not upto scratch your screwed if your c, d, e, f , g team is not upto scratch your screwed im beginning to think everyone is screwed all around
  • Options
    Doesn't lack of transparency speak volume? here it is first hard opponent is roughly your power lvl second one is a top tier pvp 1st rank player whale, last opponent is a top tier pvp 1st rank player whale

they are players because they just removed 6 and 7 mods and i manged to kill one of the enemies in GW last wave due to this i kept trying for hours without any luck but upon remooval of modes and sending them in inbox one of his chars became surprisingly weak + they have names
  • Xaylin
    68 posts Member
    Options
    GW opponets are selected by the following formula Actual difficult = AReasonableDifficulty * (( HowManyCreditsYouNeed /(RatingGivenToApp * HowMuchAssKisssedOnForums * HowCreativeYourNameIs) ^ (50000-RecentCrystalPurchases)