Anakin Omega...AOE or buff block?

Guys I am looking for assistance on picking which Omega to give Anakin first.

His AOE is already his most powerful attack. Adding 15% more damage is like giving GS swarm more damage, or any 3 of Reys abilities.

His heal/buff immunity is also intriguing. With an omega on his basic, I would have a 70% chance to hit attacked toon with heal block as well as blocking any offensive buff. This can be huge against Rey, as well as blocking RG, Poe, or STHan from taunting. Oh they will waste a turn calling the taunt, but they won't get it...

These are going to be my next 2 Omega's. I'm just unsure which is the most beneficial. I want to upgrade the most beneficial first...

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    His basic is usable very turn, that would b my suggestion. If the AI used his aoe besides when someone is near death, my opinion would change but since offense is easy, gotta put the effort towards defense.
  • Options
    Kinda a half formed thought here. But if Anakin's AI issue is he only uses his area attack when it's going to kill someone, doesn't that mean he'll use it more often if it's stronger?
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think I see what you are getting at. In this case it would require your team's damage or anakin's basic to bring their HP down lower then it causes the AI to use his special when their HP is in the red. Just making his aoe stronger doesn't do anything if all their HP bars are green or yellow since it won't use the move. Who knows, maybe you are right and it calculates the damage on his special then uses it even if the HP bars are high.
  • Options
    Buff Block for sure. I have a completely maxed Anakin. Level 80, g11, all omegas, everything. I use him as my arena leader, and the buff block is much better. The AoE does deserve omegas, as it can add a thousand damage, but the ability to buff block RG or ST Han or Rey is incredible.
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Is it pretty much determined that Anakin L is better than Rex? Even if Rex's L would give you better chance on defense?
  • Options
    Buff Block for sure. I have a completely maxed Anakin. Level 80, g11, all omegas, everything. I use him as my arena leader, and the buff block is much better. The AoE does deserve omegas, as it can add a thousand damage, but the ability to buff block RG or ST Han or Rey is incredible.

+1
    SW GoH name, Justin 624 571 895
  • Options
    Buff block, I would say. But also if you're using him as leader with Clones and Jedi, the leader ability also deserves an omega (getting +8% offense to +30%, which is very nice)
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Buff block, I would say. But also if you're using him as leader with Clones and Jedi, the leader ability also deserves an omega (getting +8% offense to +30%, which is very nice)
    Yeah, first leader ability, then buff block.

I'm running Anakin as leader at arena and he's just amazing by the way.

• Options
    Yeah guys, I am running Anakin lead. I gave his leader an omega day 1 if his rework. Currently I am running

Anakin lead
    QGJ omega on basic
    RG
    Rey omega x3
    GS omegas unique and swarm

I am currently working up 5s(6* level 80 gear 9) and Clone Sergeant. I am a f2p player, and unfortunately those are the only 2 clones available. I also have 7* Jedi of: Yoda (level 80 gear 9) Lumi (80 gear 8) Eeth Koth (70 gear 8) JC (70 gear 8) and Barris (80 gear 8.)

I don't think any of the other Jedi (at least that I have) are worth putting in. Maybe Yoda but who would I take out? I know I try not to attack a lineup with Rey and Yoda unless I have to, but I just don't think Yoda could do the damage GS does.

I just can't wait until I get my 5s maxed. He already has an omega on his basic. Mix that with the General Skywalker lead and he will just mow people down...

• Options
    Oh forgot to say, I followed the advice of my guild and gave the omega to his AOE. I wish I did his basic. But I will be able to give it to him Friday. Then back to QGJ to give his 2 specials omegas.