When are cheaters being dealt with?

Prev1
Seriously... Weeks ago a post was made in a topic that they are "aware" of the cheaters, and yet have done nothing about it? I don't mean just the Vader exploit, I mean all the modders etc.

If you're aware of them, shouldn't you be dealing with them asap instead of nothing for 2 weeks? For every day you wait, they reap the rewards that legitimate players try and work hard for. In that respect, you are punishing those legitimate players by allowing cheaters to claim what would/could have been rightly theirs.

Some of the modders on my shard have reaped so many rewards that you wouldn't know they had cheated if you looked now, they likely may not even mod now as the rewards have let them stand on their own feet now. It's only thankfully that people can't change their names, that me and fellow players still see them.

So any news or progress @EA_Jesse ? Because I know they've been reported, yet a third of the top 20 are or were modders.

Replies

• thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    " yet a third of the top 20 are or were modders. "

from what facts are you able to justify if they are cheating?

"Some of the modders on my shard have reaped so many rewards that you wouldn't know they had cheated"

Please tell me where did you see the information of them being cheaters?

I can not believe this " Professional writter" acts so IMMATURE and UNPROFESSIONAl....Please stop lying of your profession and just stay in top 200 like you are now.

ow btw, I found it funny that "professional writer" who works on POPULAR and ACROSS THE COUNTRY AGENCY can only bought $5 dooku pack....I guess they do not pay you well or your writing are not up to their standard, which is really understandable based on your comments and replies around forum.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016

from what facts are you able to justify if they are cheating?

"Some of the modders on my shard have reaped so many rewards that you wouldn't know they had cheated"

I can not believe this " Professional writter" acts so IMMATURE and UNPROFESSIONAl....Please stop lying of your profession and just stay in top 200 like you are now.

ow btw, I found it funny that "professional writer" who works on POPULAR and ACROSS THE COUNTRY AGENCY can only bought $5 dooku pack....I guess they do not pay you well or your writing are not up to their standard, which is really understandable based on your comments and replies around forum.

No need to make personal attacks. The amount of spending to one's income is also irrelevant. Someone may be a millionaire, but choose to spend nothing on this game because he doesn't see the value whereas another player with far less financial assets may choose to spend thousands because he likes the game.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • I agree with Terrorize. I want to hear that something is being done. It sucks the fun and motivation out of the game to know there are cheaters reaping rewards while real players can do nothing but sit and watch.
  • They need to make this game fully server sided once and for all...
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I am not aware of any cheater personally, although I know there are people that have suspects here and there. I think dealing modders appropiately is a basic management skill any top grossing game. And trust CG knows this so not much we can do.

One line of action would be a community investigation team, with help from CG they could have some accounts, and go on a quest to uncover the hacks that works. I know some would volunteer immediately.
  • Never. So find the cheats and use them. They don't seem to care.
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Relax a bit. I don't think you are doing great or bad due to them.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »

from what facts are you able to justify if they are cheating? Professional writter my ****...

No need to make personal attacks. The amount of spending to one's income is also irrelevant. Someone may be a millionaire, but choose to spend nothing on this game because he doesn't see the value whereas another player with far less financial assets may choose to spend thousands because he likes the game.

Thanks for the defense :) though best to just ignore him. He seems to be a strong supporter for cheating, so I'm not surprised he'd resort to attacking people against it. Most his replies are malicious and the only way he seems to know how to get his point across is by stooping down low, still, least he's consistent with his lack of morales, childish behaviour and poor writing skills.

Glad to see others are curious though, the longer cheaters go unpunished, the more people will believe it's an acceptable thing to do and that they can get away with it, adopting the "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »

from what facts are you able to justify if they are cheating? Professional writter my ****...

Agree
  • After running into 6*/7* Vader Toons for 5 days straight in GW, I'm glad they've finally decided to do something about that at least.

I suspect there may be a few modders on my server since some guys rocketed into top 10 out of nowhere with maxxed teams but I'll leave it to CG/EA to ferret them out. Just Sad that people are willing to make a Faustian deal over a game.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • After running into 6*/7* Vader Toons for 5 days straight in GW, I'm glad they've finally decided to do something about that at least.

I suspect there may be a few modders on my server since some guys rocketed into top 10 out of nowhere with maxxed teams but I'll leave it to CG/EA to ferret them out. Just Sad that people are willing to make a Faustian deal over a game.

They moved people over server to make it competitve bro....you have 300 posted on your avatar but you do not have this kind of knowledge of this small things...so sad...thats why quality over quantity...
  • Can some good guy give the link of the cheat apk so we all use it in BlueStack
    and mess new server up therefore they will do it quick
    Just joking don't ban me
  • Crittik
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    After running into 6*/7* Vader Toons for 5 days straight in GW, I'm glad they've finally decided to do something about that at least.

They moved people over server to make it competitve bro....you have 300 posted on your avatar but you do not have this kind of knowledge of this small things...so sad...thats why quality over quantity...

They already said they dont move anyone to a different server/shard. Whats your problem dude? Stop being such a punk to everyone on the forums.

Ok, firstly, the CG guy has reiterated again today, they have not merged servers or moved anybody over. I've finished top 10 on my server everyday since mid Dec, 2 weeks after I started playing, including a slew of #1 finishes so I know what I'm talking about. The 6*/7* Vader was a cheat, you couldn't make it to 6* legitimately.

Secondly, my avatar isn't 300 it's Pink Floyd from The Wall, get a clue and stop listening to Justin Bieber.

Thirdly, I've seen you trolling everyone here and on other threads and you seemed to leap to the defense of cheaters and may very well be one, so I'm done with you. Take it somewhere else.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • +1 jabber, ask him for his ally code so his logs can be scanned by cs ;) lol somehow I doubt he responds to that

In another thread someone from CH clarified there have been no mergers whatsoever. i've seen sudden influxs of players but I am then not sure where they come from. Not gradual...sudden.

• -1 @Jabberwocky

Asking for unwarranted bans is a form a cheating. Calling almost everyone that does not agree with you a cheater is a form a trolling.

Now, if people are hacking the game, Intoo like you all hope these can be detected and pit in the right place. In the meantime, stop trolling sil vous plait.

Ok, firstly, the CG guy has reiterated again today, they have not merged servers or moved anybody over. I've finished top 10 on my server everyday since mid Dec, 2 weeks after I started playing, including a slew of #1 finishes so I know what I'm talking about. The 6*/7* Vader was a cheat, you couldn't make it to 6* legitimately.

Secondly, my avatar isn't 300 it's Pink Floyd from The Wall, get a clue and stop listening to Justin Bieber.

Thirdly, I've seen you trolling everyone here and on other threads and you seemed to leap to the defense of cheaters and may very well be one, so I'm done with you. Take it somewhere else.

Clearly you failed to read what I wrote in my statement. Did I say anthing about vader 6* / 7*? So why you need to put the explanation of vader * in your first paragraph out of nowhere??? :o

300 was not about your avatar but your post quantity when I posted that comment. Another thing that makes you look silly.

Leap to the defence of cheaters? hahaha...Check my thread then bro...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3849/some-proven-theory-why-suddenly-there-are-many-stronger-ppl-in-our-rank-ladder#latest

Yes THERE WERE FEW of people who suddenly came to #1 and #3 out of nowhere? So please give me logical explanation from where they came from...If they are cheaters like you said before, they should still be in top 20 at least but There are not, one of the guy already fallen to top 200ish and the other one around 21-50....and its been 3 weeks since I posted that thread....

YES, there is only ONE SERVER with multiple "arena server" and I do not know how it works but it can be true that they did not move anyone since its only one server.

At least I still have a common logical sense and not judge straight away people who are better than me as cheaters.

For 300++ posted user you make me really dissapointed....
  • Permaban the modders I say! *grabbing pitchfork*
    Í have a feeling that for some reason it's not doable or something for them to ban. Isn't it really easy to change IP and recreate the account?
    I'm all up for dealing with those btw.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Permaban the modders I say! *grabbing pitchfork*
    Í have a feeling that for some reason it's not doable or something for them to ban. Isn't it really easy to change IP and recreate the account?

Yup that's precisely the problem. Banning accounts only matters to people who truly have time and/or money invested in them. These people most likely have two accounts. One on a mobile device as their main and the bluestacks account for trolling. If their troll account is banned all they have to do is change their IP, create a new gmail, create a new swgoh account, and continue to troll. It's nothing new, been going on forever.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Permaban the modders I say! *grabbing pitchfork*

They can ban devices, a lot of games and apps can do this so I don't see why they couldn't.
  • @Terrorize89

I'm all up for that if they can!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Seriously... Weeks ago a post was made in a topic that they are "aware" of the cheaters, and yet have done nothing about it? I don't mean just the Vader exploit, I mean all the modders etc.

If you're aware of them, shouldn't you be dealing with them asap instead of nothing for 2 weeks? For every day you wait, they reap the rewards that legitimate players try and work hard for. In that respect, you are punishing those legitimate players by allowing cheaters to claim what would/could have been rightly theirs.

Some of the modders on my shard have reaped so many rewards that you wouldn't know they had cheated if you looked now, they likely may not even mod now as the rewards have let them stand on their own feet now. It's only thankfully that people can't change their names, that me and fellow players still see them.

So any news or progress @EA_Jesse ? Because I know they've been reported, yet a third of the top 20 are or were modders.

I too remember this comment made in that post, I believe it was in response to WhipiT's concerns with this Mod. Anyway, my belief on this issue is that EA would quickly stop it if it was simple to fix, like the Vader shard bug for example which got patched in days. EA will have a difficult, if not impossible time stopping mods from being used, it's a part of life and every software developer deals with it. I hate how EA's greed level on IAP is for example, but I can't fault them on this issue, practically every popular game in the Google Play store has a modded version out there, this is a reality we all need to accept. Here are some of the problems EA will have in dealing with this issue:
    • They may not have game metrics setup on their servers so, if a mod user kills your team in 10 seconds, the server may not be recording match time, only ensuring a player completes his PVP match in 5 minutes only.
    • Another problem is, can they guarantee log integrity?? So if EA recorded a match and their logs say the match was 15 seconds long, are these logs 100% accurate or can they be wrong???
    • Another issue is that the game was setup to calculate character damage on the client side. To switch this now would be very costly. Whenever I see calculations made in an app, I know this is a processor-intensive task, so it makes sense why EA made this client side. If this were server side, there would be huge delays in between moves as the server would now have to calculate all these "dice rolls" in essence for damage, times 1 million users. When companies build apps, they like calculating tasks on the client side so your processor is in essence load balancing for the server, so it can do the job of keeping inventory, part of why there are no hacks on energy and crystals...

On a final note, I am on your shard and outside of that one obvious cheater on our server shard that sticks out like a sore thumb that WhipiT mentioned, I don't see many others owning the top spots on the server and I don't believe they are 1/3rd of our server's population. Part of this is due to the crystals you'll need to spend to hold position and most of these players will tire of the uphill battle day after day and fall in rank, I've even seen legit teams fall back for the same reasons.

In the end, this is only a game. Games are not a perfect thing and these types of issues are commonplace since the Atari days.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Actually the easier resolve is a log file analyst program at the end of arena fights. It would record dat txt file and compare then report if bolan is false or release if true (delete)

Other games use this same system and blizzard has the same file logged in Diablo it's how they catch and ban cheaters all the time even key stroke botting as they have it look for keystrokes per second to analyze your avg in a session

Look at the hack is magic post on the forum and you will see cg rewarded players and confirmed hack ban based on a log file which means they already have a dat file accessible to compare on both client and server side , but they currently do not have a logger running in real time which would be cheaper than all server side playing agreed

I would shill for my company because we have digital IP security group ;) but I am sure EA had thier own lol but maybe these posts help create an idea
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • @ioniancat21
    I don't know as much as you do on that sector but makes perfectly sense. Thanks for elaborating this. Hope many more get to read it!
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Actually the easier resolve is a log file analyst program at the end of arena fights. It would record dat txt file and compare then report if bolan is false or release if true (delete)

Other games use this same system and blizzard has the same file logged in Diablo it's how they catch and ban cheaters all the time even key stroke botting as they have it look for keystrokes per second to analyze your avg in a session

Look at the hack is magic post on the forum and you will see cg rewarded players and confirmed hack ban based on a log file which means they already have a dat file accessible to compare on both client and server side , but they currently do not have a logger running in real time which would be cheaper than all server side playing agreed

I would shill for my company because we have digital IP security group ;) but I am sure EA had thier own lol but maybe these posts help create an idea

There are a lot of basic ways to do this and I think they will come in time. While I don't write game code, I have developed several systems to prevent transactional spoofing in financial and healthcare apps. The best concepts keep it simple like you mentioned in your post. And a system such as that would catch most any modded apk file unless it was very well designed.
  • As Vampire said, logging could potentially be added but my thoughts are that, when you plan a project or in this case, create a game, adding logs and all should be done Day 1, not added later at additional cost. For me, that will be the biggest issue. Do they want to spend money patching that hole vs. Potential lost revenue of players who care about cheating, that's the equation they'll calculate.

You spoke of Diablo and I can confirm that Diablo has all their monetized items server side from Day 1 but there are some mods for overpowered gear, especially in the console versions. I helped a friend do some .ini file adjustments a few months ago since I have Primalscript, which makes life easier. I used to make great weapon mods for Left4Dead and other PC games but haven't had time these days.
  • On another note, we could probably get a better idea about this games logging potential if we could see what data is sent to EAs servers from our Android/Apple devices during game play.

You'd probably need a Bluestacks setup and Wireshark to monitor your incoming and outgoing information to see what the SWGOH game or client sends to EA after a PVP match for example.....
  • They can catch a mooded apk if the server will recheck some coded signature on the APK or iPA before they can proceed to login. Or the server detect arena fights in less than a minute is automatically ban the attacker.
  • Holysilver wrote: »
    They can catch a mooded apk if the server will recheck some coded signature on the APK or iPA before they can proceed to login. Or the server detect arena fights in less than a minute is automatically ban the attacker.

Once you say "the server can check", then suddenly EAs spending bigger money modifying the server to do that. As for a digitally signed apk, there are workarounds for that, a modded Google Play installation if you're rooted. Finally, banning games that are less than 1 minute long will snag legitimate games, maybe a shorter duration, provided that data can be logged at this stage...