Rancor devour?

What's the best way to handle devour (non heroic)? I usually run my Teebo team in phase 2 and 3, but I'm never sure whether I should just go till the team is dead, or if I should try to escape and put some throw away team in to be devoured. Any thoughts or strategies are appreciated.

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I usually go till he eats one then I measure if I think at least 3 of the 4 left will survive the next 5 rounds till the next eat. If they will keep it going doing what damage you can... The important part is when he is ready to eat try to escape with your important remaining characters leaving the least important behind for him to eat... Since the cool down is the same over your next attempt you want to do this so you have 5 full turns of your fresh team before one of them gets eaten. So leave 1 guy behind in your previous attempt right before he eats to give the cool down a full 5 turns before he eats again. Also if he dies and you only have like 1 turn before he eats on your next attempt include an expendable character with a taunt to force the rancor to eat him saving the 4 other good characters for your damage
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. That makes a lot of sense
  • Options
    Its all about the squads that you run where.
    Part 1 I run the following
    Teebo Lead, Fives, GS, Luminara, and Ackbar
    With this squad (all are 7* lvl 74 and gear 8, GS is gear 9) i dont lose anyone at all and can pretty much utlize the escape feature towards the end of the countdown before they go enraged and solo this whole section in 4 runs. This isnt even the best squad for this run but i can make it work. I would focus on Part 1 raid farming which consists of the following team:
    Teebo Lead, Fives, Clone Sargent Phase 1, Rex (or Ackbar) and Ewok Elder. The idea is more focused here on Turn Meter reduction and slowing the Gaurd. Fives slow effect outweighs RG and Fives has more attacking power with his ally assist attack and counter attack. Teebo and Clone Sarge handle TM. Rex or Ackbar remove the pesky death mark and EE in the instance where anyone dies revives them and adds some healing and cleansing.
    Part 2 is a lot of the same i run
    Teebo (L), Fives, GS, Lumi and QGJ (Rey and Leia subs for loses)
    In this stage if I lose either Teebo or Fives and i have 3 - 4 battles left i retreat and come again. Those two handle the rancor well with slow and tm reduction. I use the high ally assist attack to get teebo moving out of turn and freeze the Rancor TM because devour is completely unavoidable and a real pain in the @$$. If I am able i will escape everyone the turn before devour (and stupid as this sounds) then send in like a moderate power single character to go be devoured and return my main squad after. It sounds wasteful but it hasnt been for me. With my squad i have hit 800k to 1 million dmg in a run so the sacrfifice to repeat that again is a bonus. I only do this once. The start escaping just before the next devour and try and have just one for sacrfice left (usually lumi if i can manage it) and return with Rey or Leia. This is also the way i run on Part 3.
    The more Ideal squad uses two types i have seen:
    Teebo, Chewbacca (TM reduct) or Clone Sarge Phase 1, Omega QGJ (TM reduct), EE and Rey.
    Im sure there are others but those i have heard have solid success and keep then rancor from really ever moving or attacking and thats the best counter for devour.
    The fourth squad follows the same in the final section. Especially since the rancor is moving like hes jacked on 1000 red bulls slow and tm reduct are critical to high dmg success. Hope it helps and Happy Hunting!
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to try both these ideas. Especially intrigued by the 1 character sacrifice. Currently in t4 phase 2and 3 I can do 700-800k in one run with my ewok squad, and less than 200k with straight dps. If I could get 2 or 3 full TMR runs I could really up my damage in phase 2 and . Thanks
  • Options
    Np hope it helps make sure everyone is out with his next round set for devour and make sure he can survive the hit before. Will give u 5 rounds for your main squad