starting heroic t7 raids

Our guild has finished a t6 raid with only 1 refresh which seems to be the threshold to start heroics. We will do so in a few weeks while many of us get teebo and ee from 6 to 7 stars. I know many have said t7 is easy but i was hoping people could tell me some of the common mistakes or pitfalls guilds make in their 1st attempt at heroic raids. Or some surprises they encountered. Thanks in advance

Replies

• Biggest mistake is waiting. Just get in there and do it. Absolute worst case scenario would be you don't finish and "lose" the raid coins. BFD. Our guild waited way too long, had a consultant, employed a raid channel etc and after ONE raid, we are only allowed one battle first day and zerg is next day.

Again, just start one up and have at it!
  • (1) Organize on LINE/Discord
    (2) Make sure everyone knows to retreat and retry for good runs if you are stretched thin
    (3) Have people go where it's most efficient - a few good squads can clear phase 1 by themselves, everyone should start a fresh run in p2 or p3 so the door control isn't on cooldown
    (4) Don't overkill phases too much if you don't have damage to waste - if multiple players are going at once and clear a phase, the excess damage won't carry over to the next phase
    (5) Get in there and do it ASAP while you can still call mercs if you come up short - this may be ending soon, so get the experience now while you have that back-up plan
    (6) Create rules and stick to them no matter what - if the rules break down because 1 out of 50 players has some special scheduling needs, all of a sudden 25 players will want special treatment and everyone will be po'd
    (2) Make sure everyone knows to retreat and retry for good runs if you are stretched thin
    (3) Have people go where it's most efficient - a few good squads can clear phase 1 by themselves, everyone should start a fresh run in p2 or p3 so the door control isn't on cooldown
    (4) Don't overkill phases too much if you don't have damage to waste - if multiple players are going at once and clear a phase, the excess damage won't carry over to the next phase
    (5) Get in there and do it ASAP while you can still call mercs if you come up short - this may be ending soon, so get the experience now while you have that back-up plan
    (6) Create rules and stick to them no matter what - if the rules break down because 1 out of 50 players has some special scheduling needs, all of a sudden 25 players will want special treatment and everyone will be po'd

Plus one. Don't have teams go in p1 that don't have teams. Our guild could clear p1 with 2-3 guys espalier. Also make sure you save some depth for p4. We have our 5 best do p1 and then they sit out til p4 and clean up scraps. They score so well in p1 if doesn't impact their finish
  • Best advice is assign you're best guys to phase 1, and tell everyone else to save 1 or 2 squads for phase 4. In phase 4 you will be lucky to do 50k damage
  • Our guild had a minimum damage threshold for phase 1 at 250k, if you couldn't do that then you had to wait for later phases when we first started. Now we have multiple members who have soloed phase 1 and I'm just some good rng away from doing it myself. Best phase 1 for me is 1.4 mil
  • Don't advise calling video game mercenaries for help. I would have quit our guild if they went that way. Just enjoy the game within YOUR guild, forget about leaderboards etc. And have fun figuring it out! I promise you, it gets stale very fast once you master heroics so don't rush to kill the game! I do recommend starting them asap, just not trying to study every single help column out there. It's a rancor. Go kill it!
  • Taniwha
    120 posts Member
    Saving high health/protection/evasion toons for phase iv, eg Phasma, Fives, Bariss, Dooku, Lumi, Old Ben. Rancor slam in T7 is so hard that it can kill FOTP, RP, etc with one crit. Phase iv is the hardest challenge and you need to have to toons to clear it. Phases 1-3 can be cleared with good RNG and strategy, Phase iv you simply need to have the resources - each team will likely do between 20k-50k damage and you need to take out 2 million damage.
  • Our guild empties both barrels on phase four at 2pm. It is over by 2:04 pm. I don't even get to use all 40 of my seven star toons, and play on auto.
  • The other worry i have is our guild is pretty top heavy as far as damage produced. About 20 of us do about 90% of the damage with the top 5 doing about 50%. I have about 25 seven star toons but many in our guild have less than 10. I worry about phase 4. Anyway thanks for all your thoughts. I will start one in a few weeks so i can finish 7starring EE and others can level up teebo
  • Our guild had a minimum damage threshold for phase 1 at 250k, if you couldn't do that then you had to wait for later phases when we first started. Now we have multiple members who have soloed phase 1 and I'm just some good rng away from doing it myself. Best phase 1 for me is 1.4 mil

If i am getting about 800k per turn in p1 in tier 6 how much would that translate in t7?
  • jomamaphat wrote: »
    Our guild had a minimum damage threshold for phase 1 at 250k, if you couldn't do that then you had to wait for later phases when we first started. Now we have multiple members who have soloed phase 1 and I'm just some good rng away from doing it myself. Best phase 1 for me is 1.4 mil

If i am getting about 800k per turn in p1 in tier 6 how much would that translate in t7?

Not sure. Once I got teebo to ten with scanner, I put up 1.4 or so phase one. Always ends with captain enraged.
  • Some people have said t7 is in some ways easier than t6. Can anyone explain?
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    It has way, way less health, but your damage is just the same. So it comes down to survivability.

By the way, don't put too much emphasis on Teebo. When we first cleared t7 (one of the very early guilds to do so), nobody at all used Teebo. Teebo is useless in t7 unless he is ABSOLUTELY maxed -- that means g10 with scanner and omegas on leader and basic. That can take a long time to farm and you don't want to be hanging around for it.

Basically, there are plenty of other ways to do the 300-350k damage you need six guys to do in p1 to set you up for completion. Yes, it's nice to do a million damage, but it isn't *necessary*
  • Thanks Kabbes. That was very useful info

This is good advice.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Lots of great answers for you.
    (1) Organize on LINE/Discord

This and Don't forget if your trying to use Teebo / EE for Phase 1 this is a MUST
    Kabbes wrote: »
    It has way, way less health, but your damage is just the same. So it comes down to survivability.

By the way, don't put too much emphasis on Teebo. When we first cleared t7 (one of the very early guilds to do so), nobody at all used Teebo. Teebo is useless in t7 unless he is ABSOLUTELY maxed -- that means g10 with scanner and omegas on leader and basic. That can take a long time to farm and you don't want to be hanging around for it.

Basically, there are plenty of other ways to do the 300-350k damage you need six guys to do in p1 to set you up for completion. Yes, it's nice to do a million damage, but it isn't *necessary*

Besides that get in there and do it, T7 is more planning than damage if you can complete T6 in one refresh.

O

• So7hoth
    48 posts Member
    Our guild never finished tier 6 in one refresh -we were very close, but didn't get there- and yet didn't have any troubles when we jumped to heroics. As many have said, the key is to get through p1 with only 4 or 5 guys, and you definitely don't need Teebo to do that. I run Phasma (l), Rex, QGJ, GS, Rey and consistently put out 600-800k damage; they are all almost maxed by now, but when we started they didn't have a single omega and still could do 450k, whereas my last run in tier 6 I did about 600k, so damage translates pretty well. Don't even think about waiting a few weeks; you're more than ready now!
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    Members of our guild are only allowed to do one phase 1 run OR two phase 2-3 runs.

We then lock raid during phase 4 for a few hours to allow people who missed phase 1-3 to tag and get rewards. Then at set time everyone gets one run per ten mins until he's down.

Works well for us. The raid is under tuned for lvl 80 tbh.
  • From what you said there´s only one possible advice: do one T7 today! Right now!

In about 2 weeks you´ll be discussing how to limit damage instead of wondering if you can finish it.
  • Check_It
    376 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    We just finished our 3rd T7 so we are fairly new to it but were on a roll now!
    A) Schedule a team/players for P1. P1 is tricky for most members and there is the teebo dream team. We have 3 players attack P1 so other players don't waste their toons that could attack stronger in a different phase
    B ) We set up a one hit rule on p2/3. Every player will attack p2/3 only once, as to get extra damage from lowering the gate. Again, this is being as efficient as possible with the damage.
    C) By the time the majority of players have gone, we are in p4 and still have plenty of toons for p4, since it's the hardest.
    D) When we hit p4, it's a slaughter. We just have it since there isn't much of a strategy lol.

Some good tips and tricks are to use line/discord. Makes it very easy to coordinate. Something my guild has enjoyed a lot is the rule I set up where before Zerg (everyone attacking at will) at least 45+ members need to attack or we get into p4. This way you get a lot of participation and everyone is taking care of with raid gear.
  • We barely beat heroic. Basically all of us expended all pur toons. We started another one today but it looks like it is easier because of mods...although the potency nerf makes teebo useless