Just went 0-in-21 farming

I know the statistical average long term is supposedly 1/3, but I just went on a 0/21 streak so it sure doesn't feel that way. Didn't hit on ANY shard I attempted to farm today.

That's more than a little discouraging. And since I've never had a 7-straight run of shards either to counter it, this "fun" day places me firmly below average.

The theoretical 50% of players who see below-average averages would appreciate a slightly better gameplay experience. ;)

Replies

• Options
    Jyykson wrote: »
    I know the statistical average long term is supposedly 1/3, but I just went on a 0/21 streak so it sure doesn't feel that way. Didn't hit on ANY shard I attempted to farm today.

That's more than a little discouraging. And since I've never had a 7-straight run of shards either to counter it, this "fun" day places me firmly below average.

The theoretical 50% of players who see below-average averages would appreciate a slightly better gameplay experience. ;)

Whose shards? Kylo ren?
  • Options
    I just went 1/18 for Kylo shards. I was hoping to get him five star today, but nope.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    if you look at my drops i posted day by day in the cantina drop thread, i'm under 10%. dooku i'm 0-1/6 every day. the only hard node that gives me decent drops is fotp...i'm usually 2-4/6 a day
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    forgot to mention my cantina drops are for kylo. jc i was at the reported 30%.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    My Kylo farming the past couple days is very low too. I think today I only got 2 shards. That was with full energy starting plus leveling up during that. So I was about 2/15 for Kylo. And also did Dooku with 2 refreshes to farm him 6 more times. 2/12 total for Dooku today as well. That seems to be the normal drop for me either that or 0 Dooku.
  • Options
    "Mama said there'd be days like this, days like this..."
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Whose shards? Kylo ren?

No, wasn't even Ren. 6 of them were Dooku though, yes. Some were even lesser toons like FO Stormtrooper.
  • Options
    I've had the 0/12 days, but I also just went 7/12 for Rey shards farming hard missions :)
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Went something like 13 for 20 farming ren last night.
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    I've had the 0/12 days, but I also just went 7/12 for Rey shards farming hard missions :)

Nice! Haven't experienced that yet, but I'm working on keeping a tally so that I notice in case I do.
  • Options
    I just went 0-30! That stupid purple computer thing
  • Options
    Yeah the gear is just ****. I went 2 full energy refils to get 5 MK V's when I needed like 25,lol.
  • Options
    As I learn more about the game I'd like to share a possibility. I think drop rates may be predetermined for each player on reset. Maybe you Ren drop rate TODAY is 5%. Tomorrow it may be 50%. Also, I have seen Refills also have a modifier. Sometimes I get 50% and on refill I may grt 20%.

Maybe the combination of both explains the high volatility, and the sentiment that sometimes, when you are 1 shard away from upgrade, the game cheats. What if you dropnrate for the day for that char are nerfed by lottery on reset? You could do 50 resets and get nothing.

If this were true, then watch your drop rates carefully. Also, try to start any farming with a full meter. If after 5 turns you get nothing, then farm something else. On refil, trybagain your first taks. If it's still very low, continue tomorrow. Also, if it seems a great drop, focus down and refil more than you'd usually do.

I don't know iff this is right, but is consistent eith how things seem toneork across the game.
  • Options
    Different shards have different averages and I've seen it as well. The more valuable pickups have lower success rates. Kylo is a great example of this...
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    From 30 trys i got 1 item, but i need 20 items for 1 slot.
    This game is lottery not gaming!
    It cost me days to fill only 1 slot!
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »

Very true. I do wonder if any lawyers are yet aware of the turn that mainstream video gaming has taken into monetized gambling, and if game designers themselves have yet realized that they may have crossed a line into territory that is actually regulated in many states... Genuinely curious about this lately.
  • Options
    I just got the opposite luck of the OP. I have done Cantina 26 times today and got 20 shards. Unusually good luck for me.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    It might just be me, but I have found better luck counting intervals (ie. 5, 7, 12 second between using sims). I got 4 Rey shards today out of 6 tries.
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »

Very true. I do wonder if any lawyers are yet aware of the turn that mainstream video gaming has taken into monetized gambling, and if game designers themselves have yet realized that they may have crossed a line into territory that is actually regulated in many states... Genuinely curious about this lately.

I think if no one is cracking down then it won't happen. This must be one of those loop holes that allows games to simulate gambling.