Are you going to give mods a chance?

Prev13
EscapeArtist51
1675 posts Member
edited July 2016
Title... Are you happy with mods? I don't even know if I can do it anymore. It just made almost all of the progress we've made on our characters the past several months obsolete. All of the money we spent on gear, is wasted because mods are much more useful.. Not to mention it is somewhat complex of a system for just a mobile game.

Are you going to give mods a chance? 319 votes

Yes, I like this change! Come take my money
10%
BarrokRonoaldonysiWill_CocishugeSmokeyJoe320ThewhiteonEPadmedoughanonidudeKexchokladTheFa1thfulSaralebflaw3dJediJasonChewplebccaPhiOmphMrJx3leefSeknosTeague 35 votes
No, I'm just probably gonna quit now.
44%
xsebxJJHUllricPezzzTagichatnMarafettEM650Rogan_Ban84CronozNLHBOMBCOKFISTMasterOneHitAnzialWildcats1203KAULIottomadduxCasual_PlayerFoojDarthSootieKrychekTomek 141 votes
Not sure, I'll give it some time.
36%
DarkDigglerMunchkinatorPindasauskanonTakVootonArenHamKrokovichIG_88_bBrownieunit900000Romao33ElSoldado_23NaurosMr_CHorkenmeierEricsonXPhlebotomy_JonesWildGruntIxias0vitoonto 115 votes
Meh.. It's alright I guess.
8%
LordStylingGrueniHHStanleyChMediocreJediAstrismasterqqirvvriLeo1SWGOHGGboeezGravytrain0815IAmExceptionVinniarthNeonPhyzicsWaquiQuentinOllah38Iron_Maiden_JediSolarisadeoetregeMsantonastasio 28 votes

Replies

• nojwe
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Mods make gear totally irrelevant. I was so happy to get IG88 to gear 10 yesterday. Now I can add two level 1 mods to him and get a way bigger stat increase than I did from gear. This is totally ridiculous. Mods should only give a 1-5% bonus max. Enough to make a little difference and change the balance a bit, but not to the point where you are getting Rey with 70K hp!
  • camui78
    77 posts Member
    Options
    I have already deleted the game on both my phone and tablet. Still have over 11k crystals to use but f* that. This game is now BROKEN!!!
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    This is horrible...
  • Options
    I myself, I have no idea anymore. I'm completely on the fence, and with other mobile games getting better, and having many less pricey microtransactions, I just don't know anymore. Why would they make mods more important than ANYTHING else..
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I myself, I have no idea anymore. I'm completely on the fence, and with other mobile games getting better, and having many less pricey microtransactions, I just don't know anymore. Why would they make mods more important than ANYTHING else..

This is where I am right now. I know quite a few who have quit. I understand the why, but the implementation of them and the insane stat increases are way too much.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • KickedazzZ
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    too much time as it was.
    this is 1000 x worse

good time to call it quits and move on with my life

oh and wait for ships!!
    Post edited by KickedazzZ on
  • Options
    Why would they think this was a step in the right direction
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Options
    Meh.. It's alright I guess.
    Picked the last option. I don't like them, but since I don't care about arena they aren't too game breaking for me. Unless they add something like a 'complete 3 mod fights' task to the dallies I'll probably ignore them and continue using my cantina energy for cantina fights.
  • Options
    The game is done... This is gonna be impossible to make a balance
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Wrong option, i meant :"Not sure i'll give it some time" !
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This is THE most giant **** up i've ever seen so far in this game. It's absolutely incredible.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    This is THE most giant **** up i've ever seen so far in this game. It's absolutely incredible.
    That's what I'm thinking bro. I don't even wanna try right now. Damage numbers are insane, you have to have good mods to compete, and even worse people are gonna be quitting like crazy. When I envisioned mods I thought maybe 6 slots of small bonus portions, like +5 offense, +10 speed, NORMAL STUFF. Nothing that could make Rey have more health than Royal guard..
  • Options
    At least the forum will be a lot less toxic when a bunch of these guys are gone...(can I have your stuff btw?)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Lets see what happens Im giving it another 2 months just to see what happens. Already 3 of the top 10 players in my server have abandoned there guilds so I assume they quit.......

I used a team with mods in arena just now and I recked chaos on my opponent and I am not even useing great mods tomorrow all I-IELL will break lose in arena lets see
  • Options
    At least the forum will be a lot less toxic when a bunch of these guys are gone...(can I have your stuff btw?)
    Bro, that isn't a good thing. There will be a lot less players, a lot less funding, and even less updating. The game will become less popular, and people are not gonna wanna do anything with this complex system. Hell, the forum will even become less popular. The game is in a lot of trouble right now
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    They literally just made ALL progression up to this point irrelevant. There is a 0% chance this is working as intended. @CG_JohnSalera are you intentionally trying to kill SWGOH?
  • Options
    Bro, that isn't a good thing. There will be a lot less players, a lot less funding, and even less updating. The game will become less popular, and people are not gonna wanna do anything with this complex system. Hell, the forum will even become less popular. The game is in a lot of trouble right now

Don't waste your time on him. He doesn't understand and doesn't want to. He gets his kicks from griefing people.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    However, I will not spend any more money.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    @EscapeArtist51 please save us all
  • Options
    C3POwn wrote: »
    @EscapeArtist51 please save us all
    I didnt have the power...
    I'm sorry, I failed us all.

• Options
    I love it. Loooooooove it.
  • Options
    I quit less than an hour after the update. I'm only on the forums for two reasons: habit, and because this update is kind of like a train wreck that I just can't stop watching.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Remember...only 2 weeks ago you were complaining about Rey and those complaints were unfounded...wait till you see this modded one. Think about gw...in a week max you will be facing modded toons which will make all your max gear toons feel like you are fighting gear 1 vs gear 8. And lastly, this update makes gear completely IRRELEVANT. Gear 6 with mods is more powerful than gear 11. Meaning every crystal you've invested in furnaces or scanners is now also irrelevant and simply, a loss. Now i understand the ignorance is strong in you, you proved it to me several times, but you need to set yourself some limits.
  • Options

Don't waste your time on him. He doesn't understand and doesn't want to. He gets his kicks from griefing people.

Exactly when have I demonstrated that? I was merely looking at the bright side. I know it's not a good thing BUT, the majority of the player base doesn't even go to the forum and don't care about most things players are concerned about on the forums. I think the game will be fine for the most part(it still has several hundred thousand players and a large amount of whales are still alive and kicking)

BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    The whales should be the most mad. All the money spent doesnt mean anything. It's like they erased everyone's toons and we are starting from zero. How can people not be mad? It's now spend on mods or die.
  • Options
    The whales should be the most mad. All the money spent doesnt mean anything. It's like they erased everyone's toons and we are starting from zero. How can people not be mad? It's now spend on mods or die.

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. So goes the path of the dark side.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Pokemon go here we come! Lol..
  • Options

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. So goes the path of the dark side.

Lol. U r such a dork.
  • Options
    Leaning towards quitting right now. But I don't want to make rash decisions so I'm giving it a couple days even though I'm not really feeling good about it.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Remember...only 2 weeks ago you were complaining about Rey and those complaints were unfounded...wait till you see this modded one. Think about gw...in a week max you will be facing modded toons which will make all your max gear toons feel like you are fighting gear 1 vs gear 8. And lastly, this update makes gear completely IRRELEVANT. Gear 6 with mods is more powerful than gear 11. Meaning every crystal you've invested in furnaces or scanners is now also irrelevant and simply, a loss. Now i understand the ignorance is strong in you, you proved it to me several times, but you need to set yourself some limits.

**** knows no boundaries my friend