So is there even a point to gear anymore?

End game gear, that is. Should we even bother trying to go past G9 now? lol

Replies

• At this point mods will become what gear was. Instead of worrying about getting to gear level 10or11 its about farming mods now. Who cares if your royal guard is gear 11? My modded Rey will wreck ****
  • Yup mods are gear on steroids with 1% of the work required.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    There's no point to do anything in the game but get mods. It ruined the game.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Hendiju wrote: »
    There's no point to do anything in the game but get mods. It ruined the game.
    yup
  • End game gear, that is. Should we even bother trying to go past G9 now? lol

Not for raids lol
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    Its mods+gear. We will see the maxed gear + maxed mods teams before too long....
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited July 2016

Way to upset your customer base. This will not be good for long-term revenue I would imagine? Not sure what kind of economist they have on staff.
    Post edited by Pyramidshawn on
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    When a 7* Obi Wan equipped with 6 5* mods nothing but speed, crit and offense moving at 232 speed crits your Rey for 16k b4 she can go and Lord knows, u don't wanna kill him 1st...kinda rough.
  • I'm wondering if there's any reason to get any toon above level 51. When mods are unlocked it doesn't seem like it's a worthwhile credit investment to get them to 80.
  • Boxmint
    127 posts Member
    Only reason to get them to 80 is maxing their abilities really
  • Just mod! Or get left behind! Unreal....
  • Just mod! Or get left behind! Unreal....

^^This
  • Eventually once the dust settles, max gear max mod teams will still have an edge over g8/g9 max mod teams, especially given that the set bonuses are all % based. So yes, long term, gear will still be important, but for now, getting mods is way more impactful