Newcomer - Characters choice.

Azalel
21 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi,

I've just started the game 1 week, i'm currently lvl 42 on a fresh server, i finish most of the time in the top 5 in the Arena Squad.

My current Arena setup is :

Dooku(L) 3* V Gears
Kylo 4* V
Lando 4* V
Old Dakka 4* V
Jedi Consular 3* V

I'm farming to get Sid and and Lumi to replace Lando and Jedi C, but i really don't know if it will be a durable team, cuz of the lack of synergy...

I own some other characters which could be interesting in the future, like TIE Pilot but they are 1* and i can't farm them right now, i dont' have the lvl for it.

What do you guts think about this team ?

What kind of team do you recommand for a F2P newcomer ?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my english, isn't my native language.

Edit : Btw, i used some cantina credit to try to unlock Bobba, but in fact i don't thi k i'll use him in a near future, do you think i should spend them in Materials instead, or just save them ?
Post edited by Azalel on

Replies

• Options
    Keep Lando! His AOE abilty goes ham!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the forum!

You have a great start and it sounds like you are playing smart. (Realizing that you can"t farm etc.) If you are going to be F2P Lando might be a disspointment as he is currently unfarmable, I would focus on a good replacement that you can farm.

Bobba is farmable in the game as you progress and people swear by him.. I dunno, don"t use him myself.
  • Options
    Dooku, sid, lumi, kylo, daka. All farmable.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Keep Lando and Bobba. With boba leader you can have, Sid, Lando, Lumi/Daka, Kylo. It will be a beast team believe me from what I have read in the forums.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    Keep Lando and Bobba. With boba leader you can have, Sid, Lando, Lumi/Daka, Kylo. It will be a kiss **** team believe me from what I have read in the forums.

He is f2p so throw lando out.

But you can use ig 88 instead of lando.

Boba leader (cantina)
    Ig 88 (arena)
    Lumi (GW)
    Dooku (until you can replace, poggle would be best for this build, but wait on his shippments)
    Kylo ( can be farmed in a cantina node )

This is a very strong team and will win you many games in arena, as long as you keep 88 alive that is
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your answers!

I think i'll stick with my first plan Sid, Kylo, Dooku, Lumi and Daka, cuz they seem to be all farmable. However i'm thinking about a new team (not for now sure, but in a near future), Poe, IG-88, IG-86, HK-47, Poggle, sur i'll lack survivability, but Poe is here to take the first hits with his taunt ability and let Droids and Poggle do the job.

Thanks for your advices dudes, you're awesome !
  • Options
    Don't buy ability mats with cantina energy, it is a waste. You are better off spending cantina energy on shards to unlock characters or for stars on guys you already have. Ability mats 1 and 2 are relatively easy to come by in cantina battles, challenges, and GW, soon you will have a bunch. Level 3 ability mats are harder to get, but they don't sell those anyhwhere. You will have to rely on the 4 from GW, 6 from challenges, and the rare cantina mission drop.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    I've read some people don't really like Old Daka, but i already have her 4*, should i keep staring her (farming her shards in the cantina shipments) or should i stop ?

Working on a character takes so much time, i don't want to invest it on characters that will not perform well end game...
  • Options
    Daka isn't doing much for me, she hits worse then varies and her revives aren't yet powerful... I'm not sure how much better she gets at higher gear levels, mine is at gl5... Lvl 50. I guess her stun works.
  • Options
    Is it possible to restart a fresh account with the same google account ?
  • Options
    There's multiple problems with daka at end game, somewhat related:

1 her heal and damage are lackluster. If you get her it's for the stun and the revive. But on an end game arena team, there's plenty of heroes who bring more to the table.

2 JC is probably one of them, and Luminara definitely is. Opinions vary on the former but not the latter. And 3 healers is suboptimal.

3 in fact, more and more top arena teams are going with one healer - and you would never pick daka over Luminara for that role.

4 she competes for shards with Poe and fives, both probably better choices.
  • Options
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    There's multiple problems with daka at end game, somewhat related:

1 her heal and damage are lackluster. If you get her it's for the stun and the revive. But on an end game arena team, there's plenty of heroes who bring more to the table.

2 JC is probably one of them, and Luminara definitely is. Opinions vary on the former but not the latter. And 3 healers is suboptimal.

3 in fact, more and more top arena teams are going with one healer - and you would never pick daka over Luminara for that role.

4 she competes for shards with Poe and fives, both probably better choices.

Well it's hard when you are new to the game to make the good choices...if i could restart an account, i would go for a pvp team with Poe, IG-88, 86, HK-47 and Poggle.
  • Options
    Hey, tell me about it. :) I'm doing pretty well, but I have my regrets also. Definitely regretting 145 boba fett shards, probably regretting 65 chewy shards, sort of regretting not going for Poe, 86 and genosian soldier, and possibly regretting my recent move towards Phasma/fives/kylo.
  • Options
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    Hey, tell me about it. :) I'm doing pretty well, but I have my regrets also. Definitely regretting 145 boba fett shards, probably regretting 65 chewy shards, sort of regretting not going for Poe, 86 and genosian soldier, and possibly regretting my recent move towards Phasma/fives/kylo.

Hehe, i understand. Same here, if i switch my pvp team now, i'll lose a lot of time to farm Poe and Poggle, but if i don't go with Daka, i don't know what character to replace her with, i'm about to unlock Sidious tomorrow, and Lumi in a few, i think i should stop invest on Daka, and think for a replacement, maybe Fives, or try to work on that droid team, i'm a bit lost...
  • Options
    Don't be so regretful. A few competitive team options can save you in GW if your oh so awesome arena team gets eaten. Phasma is blah until you consider her HP. I send in vader, chewy, fives, JC, and phasma into late GW battles. Why? They are awesome punching bags.... I definitely don't regret having them.They are all 4**** but fives he is *** about to be 4, and my jc is6. After they absorb specials I bring in Ig88 leading, 86, lumi, fotp leaving in JC. They then bring down Sid, darth maul, Eeth, droids, lumi , jc, dooku in that order.

Expect GW to better match you in the future. GW is to test your strategy skills, not if you have 1 awesome team of 5. You will not regret some of your diversity later.
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well sure, but, bragging rights aside, top 5 or 10 arena - which I always get (maybe not today though - got knocked all the way down to 33 from 7) awards a lot more crystals, which helps with both kinds of cantina shards and light side/dark side gear farming. Vital for FTP. But yeah, you need to be able to clear GW also. Ironically, and luckily, I cleared it today with no substitutions - just my A team.

Edit - From 33 to 5 in 5 battles, keeping my streak of top ten finishes alive (unless I get knocked out in the next 8 minutes). Could spend crystals to try to snipe 3 or even one, but I cut the time too close. :( In any event, the streak won't last for much longer, I fear, as I've stopped advancing my current team to build a new one that won't be ready for a while.
    Post edited by Lorenzo on