How is there any hope to win without a truckload of cash now?

Prev1
With Mods **** seriously OP as they are and Whales faring through Cantina energy, I feel the game is ruined.

I have played since Launch.

I make a modest living.

I've put almost 250 dollars in this game and to me that's a lot.

And I feel it has been a waste. That 250 to me might be like 250 thousand to some whales but they're willing to spend a tens of thousands of dollars... people spend more on this game in last 6 months then a family of 4 on min wage earn in a year... with Mods... F2P, Dolphins, etc. Are doomed.

It will litersely be whale v whale and battle of pocketbooks.

I know this forum hates these questions but can anyone say with a straight face unless a player now puts thousands of dollars into this game, they have a chance?

We went from su per F2P friendly to annihilating F2P and small spenders

Replies

• Options
    +1 that's exactly how I feel...
  • Options
    I was able to get rank 1 yesterday. Today I came against a whale who had a power of 42k. All Tier 5 mod cards on every toon. It wasn't even close. EVENTUALLY, I will catch up. That's part of the grind.
  • Options
    I just... I have no chance. No chance, at all, no WY now. Whales can farm mods to get mind-boggling ly powerful mods with rng stats, get them in a single night when it would take me 300 years to assemble the same mod collection.

I'm honest to god asking for someone to explain to me how thus game didn't just get 100% sold to the highest bidder?

There is literally no competition now. It's these kind of moves that disgust me in video gaming now..
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    That´s also how I feel
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Error_404 wrote: »
    I was able to get rank 1 yesterday. Today I came against a whale who had a power of 42k. All Tier 5 mod cards on every toon. It wasn't even close. EVENTUALLY, I will catch up. That's part of the grind.

My concern is, mathematically, you wont. You literally cant.
  • DarthCyren
    409 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    Error_404 wrote: »

My concern is, mathematically, you wont. You literally cant.
    I feel most forum posters espousing the Mod system... are themselves Whales.

Like me? I didn't have ability to refresh cantina energy more then once, couldn't put together 100 mark 5 lvl 15 mods in 30 minutes.... F2P and light spenders are unbelievably screwed rite now

I am willing to wager most forum posters showing off super toons just plunks down between 500 and 10000 dollars in a single day on the game.

99 percent of us can't do that.

The 99 percent are dead
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Using cantina energy I can live with ( I was also still grinding cantina toons ). But needing certain toons for the challenges is what I hate. 90% of the people that play this game can not do most of the challenges, and I expect 98% can't do the crit dmg challenge as it jawas only.

Hmm make a challenge for 2 tons you just released when thier was only 3. Not even trying to hide the cash grab in that one
  • DarthCyren
    409 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A quote from a other poster echoing my sentiment

ruined the whole game structure
    So basically, the entire game was just turned upside down. For money only now as all you need is cash to instantly mod up all your toons to insane, instant win levels.

I've played since January and 7 months of work was just thrown out the window.

This is the biggest screwup yet and it sure looks like it's a game killer.

And another good quote from forum too

was going to continue farming characters in cantina. After xx hours my characters are already the equivalent of an undiscovered island nation and I'm tasked with fighting all the world's superpowers combined.

This. Is. Insane.

And not in a good way
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Right on Cyren. FtP will not be able to compete and are not able to catch up over time. What's more shocking is that people who spent a large sum of money are in the same boat. They have to spend more money or are basically at sum zero.
  • Options
    Today. Im top 20 on a December shard. 1 modded toon. and thats it. I know for a fact that I will wake up tomorrow morning and be ranked 250 ish.

You can bet your top dollar on that.
  • Options
    I don't understand the whale mentality. If we stepped onto the basketball court to play a game of horse, would you pay me so you could shoot each shot from five feet closer than I did? This is literally the same thing. Where is the satisfaction?

I might be an old school gamer, but holding Street Fighter 2 at the arcade all night with a line of opponents was the best. Would you have paid $1000 against my 50 cents to have Zangief hit for triple damage?
  • DarthCyren
    409 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Keyper wrote: »
    Right on Cyren. FtP will not be able to compete and are not able to catch up over time. What's more shocking is that people who spent a large sum of money are in the same boat. They have to spend more money or are basically at sum zero.

Indeed, so it basically set all whales at the beginning and forces them to begin spending at unheard of rates now.

As a business and sales guy, this is genius.

For a wuick, quick megabuck.

But it will be a death rattle once the Whales realize they've been duped

Could almost cry... I feel like it's guaranteed that this thread will be deleted by a forum mod, all negative reaction on this subject will be surprised because it's in regards to the inaccessibility to the game now for those who are not with large pools of disposable income.

I love everything they did except open the door to let Whales buy the game outright.
  • Options
    Before update Ilike this game becz it is somewhat open for all guyes .
    But now it is for high investees .

This update makes game dominated by high inverters only.
    Others are no Ware close to them.
    Before update For a F2p or less invested guy player cantina battles is a good place to farm different characters.
    Now for F2P or a less investee guy its highly difficult to pull character from cantina battles as now more energy will be consumed in mode battles.
  • Options
    Highly disappointed by this dam **** update.
    Itakes this game worse for a less t
    Investee guy.
  • Options
    Based on what toons people have I can think of less than ten big spenders I stay away from in my daily battle from 115 to 90. Sometimes I spend the fifty crystals to get five extra goes and break top 50 ( netting 2.5k cr and 25 arena credits). Which makes the climb not as hard the next day. I have a feeling I shalln't be making top 50 much more. (I play nightsisters with ewok elder,. It is the anti rg Vader Sidious squad)
  • Options
    Another good quote on not only how this screwed F2P, it MUGGED existing whales.

» show previous quotes
    Let's go through this slowly, so you can grasp it. All previous spending has been wiped clean. The value of your purchases before today is sum zero. You get no reward for your support, no thank you, and no hug. The game is reset. You got mugged. Any player can now come in and spend a small fraction of what you did and have a much stronger squad in all aspects of the game.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

» show previous quotes
    Let's go through this slowly, so you can grasp it. All previous spending has been wiped clean. The value of your purchases before today is sum zero. You get no reward for your support, no thank you, and no hug. The game is reset. You got mugged. Any player can now come in and spend a small fraction of what you did and have a much stronger squad in all aspects of the game.

You seem confused. Everything ever spent on this game thousands included is valueless. Every whale has learned this way before. Meta change. New toon for f2p. Chromium toon going f2p. Jawa engineer. Aurodium toons broken. We know our "investment" is worthless. We do it for "fun." We are okay wasting money.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    In 1 afternoon, I modded half my arena team. F2P players can easily open up health and def. mods. U can get crit, offense, speed...everything off of these mods, the only difference is the bonus for mod sets. Def. get def. Bonus. Speed get speed bonus etc. It took me under 3 mil credits to fully lvl 15 mods, some of them blue and green in rarity which cost a little more.

This is not the floodgates open to whales u make it out to be. Have I invested in this game ? Yes I have. $400 since launch. Nothing crazy, $50/ month is the average cost for a new PS game that I would beat in 3 days and would provide me far less entertainment. I currently sit at #1 on a Nov. shard.

Are the mods out of hand ? Most definitely. The stat boosts should be far lower. They dwarf gear bonuses atm and that seems poorly executed imo. I got hit for a 8k crit by a 232 speed Obi Wan fully modded for crit offense and speed. Not like he needs survivability, right?

Give things a chance b4 the snivel-fest. Ppl were sniveling b4 it was even rolled out. GW is too hard, so they made it easier. We don't have enuf credits, so they boost GW payout. Wish we could trade gear. Now u can. Some ppl r never happy.
  • DarthCyren
    409 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

» show previous quotes

You seem confused. Everything ever spent on this game thousands included is valueless. Every whale has learned this way before. Meta change. New toon for f2p. Chromium toon going f2p. Jawa engineer. Aurodium toons broken. We know our "investment" is worthless. We do it for "fun." We are okay wasting money.

How in the hell did you ever MAKE money by not valuing it?

On Edit - didn't catch the sarcasm but some whales really may think that way
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    $1.25 is valueless when you make $100000 a year. $2000 is meaningless when you make X a year.

Be smart. Study hard. Work hard. Play well.
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    $1.25 is valueless when you make $100000 a year. $2000 is meaningless when you make X a year.

Yup.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    With Mods **** seriously OP as they are and Whales faring through Cantina energy, I feel the game is ruined.

I have played since Launch.

I make a modest living.

I've put almost 250 dollars in this game and to me that's a lot.

And I feel it has been a waste. That 250 to me might be like 250 thousand to some whales but they're willing to spend a tens of thousands of dollars... people spend more on this game in last 6 months then a family of 4 on min wage earn in a year... with Mods... F2P, Dolphins, etc. Are doomed.

It will litersely be whale v whale and battle of pocketbooks.

I know this forum hates these questions but can anyone say with a straight face unless a player now puts thousands of dollars into this game, they have a chance?

We went from su per F2P friendly to annihilating F2P and small spenders
    Agree it's just crazy and I can't understand how EA thought this was a good idea. It's just crazy. Whales enjoy their dominance now but it won't be as fun for them when they eventually realize they are only playing against other whales.
  • Options
    Ultimately, I am concerned.

I think I am an intelligent person.

This is a complete and obvious money sink that reset all in game value to sum zero and gives an impossible advantage to people who can endlessly refresh cantina to get the creme de la creme of Mods.

That's where it has to go, I see no other way.

Are the others on the boards disagreeing with me because they don't understand that all players, previous investment totally asidr, just had a steak thrown in the air and to climb up their own piles of money to get it?
  • Options
    But aren't mods easier for F2P to unlock than raid gear. All you need is energy, it's only 6 to max out a character.
  • Options
    Lost 150 arena rank during the night, which has never happened so far but I guess mods are involved...

And if GW has toon like that, what will remain to F2P ? No space at all to even try to have fun ...
  • Options
    Lost 150 arena rank during the night, which has never happened so far but I guess mods are involved...

And if GW has toon like that, what will remain to F2P ? No space at all to even try to have fun ...

And don't get me wrong, I find the update interesting but gap is way too large now between P2P/F2P
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a whale, over 100 vaults purchased, and I will *NOT* spend any money on mods. I can't say it clearer than that.

I believe only a small number of die-hard whales will support this. It's not about whether I can afford it, it's about whether John Salera deserves my money, and he does not.

The ship is sinking, it's not getting any more of my money.
  • lex
    8 posts Member
    Options
    SNICKS wrote: »
    As f2p Mods youll get are either tier 3 if you are rng lucky tier 4... Most youll encounter at the end of gw are tier 5.

F2P have easy access to T5 health mods, and it costs about 1.8-2 mil to upgrade 6 of them to max.

Give it a week or two to settle down.
  • Options
    Given the fact that it is costly to max out 5 tier mods, would you prefer to have multiple low tier mods than few 5 tier mods?

In my case, I'm happy with multiple and various 1 and 2 tier mods than limited 5 tier mods