Mods Rating

Prev134
Maskarii
851 posts Member
edited July 2016
How many stars will you give mods?

Explain -》 Comments, please just short sentences. Thanks!

Mods Rating 405 votes

72%
EnigmaticienXyoSlyGambitJabberwockyioniancat21darksidepip_ninjaDrPancakesStav_KoobuBoro_Smooth1MarafettEM650GarthHelmetVengenceStarSonleeroyjenkinsSekuMasterOneHitArenHamVyse 295 votes
★★
7%
AmaltheaRogerMoore_007BoxmintarithalJohnnyudesZiggy23RobertMolKanarJensxnSoul_JahDmitriEgo12DraconisWalkrCncDarthGozuSusbirderSifuStevepaschascJabba88Obi_Wan_CannoliSkirata 30 votes
★★★
5%
KingOfLosingmedetecBartemWiickettHunterXJDDantefireHotsdontfallBert_298Darth_NihilusHurricaneTrooperDricenGaldin_WanCountTucuTheHorseScottyLeewishxwishThe_Fettmans_GhostFidd49ers1Manowar 23 votes
★★★★
4%
scubaNaurosEl_DuderinoKoryphaiaCatoSanQuikSilver8721MaskariiAndyLonsdalesoneill73Darth_ShecklerTheWickedSantasWSWhiskeyPugOzwaldEMandiusHybridplugJuckf11JohankfarOkl28AdAaronN2108 19 votes
★★★★★
3%
LlewellaAkavirParad1selIsThisThomGaurV1p3rdyn4stydjvitaHaydiganBrandedPhoenixWckdblixCEG9876SlaywalkerCalvinTheHermitRiznDeendrechtBossRazorstorm 16 votes
★★★★★★
5%
VeddStuwartThewhiteonEPadmeordoincendiumVavasourShaolinPunkJedibaldyChewiepowerZombiedogWinterbioNicol_Bolasbanjo1071ThesbushhoooDavidstareaterSpookkie2lovecheesel2edLeaderFerret96 22 votes
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    They ruined whole star-gear-level-omega system. Despite of stupid decision on raid gear, it worked. Now it simply doesn't...
  • ★★★★
    First Impression "Wow", I push Rey RG Phasma Daka and Han St to the fullest and Arena was pretty easy...

Second Impression, we need more Credits, I am glad that I haven't farm and buy Gear as Hell

Third Impression, a lot of Players will not like it cause even Whales can now be kicked out of their Arena Spots with a no name fully mods team

....time will show us more
  • ★★★★
    need your Opinion @Mofojokers1992 @cosmicturtle333
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Worst update yet hate it .... Completely pointless only way is to spend cash to maintain level 5mill to max out a 5* mod toon times that by all your toons

Shocking oh and the extra 150k is REALLY going to help in GW assuming you can even get past node 6 because they didn't adjust the power level properly with max mod teams
  • Not a fan of the system bro, but i guess we are stuck with it now.
  • Some interesting ideas ... But they should have added to the current model/system not completely discredited it; I worry you have just destroyed the game.
    Overall, cantina credits are too hard for dolphins or ftp players.
    A minor thing you can fix immediately is to add characters that can only be gained in cantina battles to one of the shops.
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    I like the idea of mods but the implementation was god awful. The stat bonuses are just way too out of control and the power creep cuz of that is too much.
  • I think I'll take up knitting or gardening, something relaxing where there won't be interminable cash grabs that send my blood pressure through the roof.

Could have been a good feature but once again, you guys got greedy, it's a pattern I'm not supporting any longer.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I generally like the idea of mods as well. But as I already stated in an own post: They should not be as impactful as they are now and sharing energy with cantina is really bad. If both problems were solved this Update would be the nuts.
  • ★★★★★★
    I wasn't sure if this update was either awesome or a mess, but after I've used the mods a bit I saw how awesome they are.

Now will be the time to make underrated toons shine. You love Boba, but his attack is lackluster? Give his arm bazooka a nuclear attack mod boost.
    Your favorite toon is the zero pottency Moof? Simply give him the pottency even qgj will envy!

Now, for the first time, useless toons will be able to compete with the boring dodge meta.

I know this mods make gear a lot less important, but as someone who hates with all my soul the gear griding, and love underrated toons, I can finally have a squad that won't make me lose interest in this game.

And I know there are toons that are even more op than before (like Rey who can now 1 hit a g10 rg with no mods), but for the first time in months I have some goal in this game that isn't farming boring toons just because they were meta.
  • Hmm.. There's not an option for 0 stars here.
  • Winterbio wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if this update was either awesome or a mess, but after I've used the mods a bit I saw how awesome they are.

Now will be the time to make underrated toons shine. You love Boba, but his attack is lackluster? Give his arm bazooka a nuclear attack mod boost.
    Your favorite toon is the zero pottency Moof? Simply give him the pottency even qgj will envy!

Now, for the first time, useless toons will be able to compete with the boring dodge meta.

I know this mods make gear a lot less important, but as someone who hates with all my soul the gear griding, and love underrated toons, I can finally have a squad that won't make me lose interest in this game.

And I know there are toons that are even more op than before (like Rey who can now 1 hit a g10 rg with no mods), but for the first time in months I have some goal in this game that isn't farming boring toons just because they were meta.

Truth is dodge is more powerful than ever b4 when rey misses her 50k basic or 200k special you'll feel the same pain i do watching it happen, gladly i haven't seen dodge mods bc that would be total overkill giving toons 100% dodge= unarguable broken
    The idea isn't bad but the impact mods give is just way too much imo and i hope they bring it down or the game will end very soon.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Not worth a single star. Biased poll.
  • ★★
    Winterbio wrote: »

Truth is dodge is more powerful than ever b4 when rey misses her 50k basic or 200k special you'll feel the same pain i do watching it happen, gladly i haven't seen dodge mods bc that would be total overkill giving toons 100% dodge= unarguable broken
    The idea isn't bad but the impact mods give is just way too much imo and i hope they bring it down or the game will end very soon.

Except with an accuracy mod dodge is basically useless. My Rey has +47% accurancy. I assume there is still the base chande to dodge (like tenacity down) but dodge leaders/evasion buffs are useless.
  • ★★★★
    I'm really feeling bad for all those crystals I dropped on gear right about now that's for sure

This is what they want you to think, but it's simply not true. Meta teams will stay meta and the under used heroes will stay under used.

Needing to give potency to say tarkin so he's at a usable amount just wastes his slots while other "good heroes" don't need to fill them with potency, they can multiply their already great kit. Giving potency to a hero that already has low potency puts them at a bigger disadvantage as before. While he plays catch up, he will have the potency sure, but will miss out on the major hp gains, damage gains, ect that other high potency heroes can obtain.

Ugnaught dmg is too low? Give him +40% dmg...awesome! Wait, why don't I just give Rey +40% dmg? See?

Lol is this guy serious? Did you just say Tarkin and boba will be good now? Dude, they will always suck with their current stats, no matter what. The arena meta, will remain the same as it always was. Everyone using the same 15 toons.. Yeah, I'm sure they look great playing against some unmodded guys, just wait until your opponents Rey moves two times before boba and Tarkin get a turn, then she one hits both of them. Because that's a very possible outcome now with mods.

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    ★★★★★
    I like it but its too unbalanced.
  • ★★★
    I like the concept of the mods system. I enjoy the puzzle aspect of thinking things through, looking at set bonuses, and planning out a toons complete mod. Very cool.

I also like how the farming works for them. Fun battles, multi sim enabled if you want, and new challenges to earn better mods.

I do not like cantina energy being the only way mods can be farmed. If no new energy was to be implemented, then we should be able to choose which type of energy is spent to farm mods.

As for the mods themselves. Hate them. Too much, too soon. Too powerful. Negates everything anyone has done up until now. Who needs raid gear or guilds now that we can mod? Slow grinding Rey? Mod that 5 star lady up and it doesn't matter anymore. Eventually a high octane Rey won't matter either, as everyone else will speed and potency up their stunners so their opponents will never get to take a turn. And just in case, here's my RG with 500k protection... Extreme? Maybe, maybe not. Haven't seen a RG with all top tier mods yet...
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • GroggY
    33 posts Member
    Come on, they're kidding us.
    Maybe some of them gave Mods to strong values or something like this. When this is what they wanted to install, the game goes down down down.
  • Well this is going to completely tank the my arena position unless I get on board and buy into this mod stuff. I really didn't need anything else to concentrate on. Now I need to spend more time with this game? No thanks.
  • ★★
    Nice attempt to create content.

But again, you dont drop these types of changes in one go. It's ruined essentially. GW became impossible. Saw a REY with 50k protection and 40k hp that one hits my aces. The RG has around 100k+ total hp. And now people are soloing tier 7. Good job guys.
  • Amalthea wrote: »

Except with an accuracy mod dodge is basically useless. My Rey has +47% accurancy. I assume there is still the base chande to dodge (like tenacity down) but dodge leaders/evasion buffs are useless.
    Remember that you need physical accuracy against dodge and special against deflection so if yours isn't the right type it's as good as nothing. ;) the update did bring great things such as better stats and sim options but all in all the way mods are is just insane.
  • if I could have rated this 0 stars I would have.

the update would have been well received if they didn't force mods on us with their greed. i dont know but these developers dont seem very smart.

greed has corrupted this freemium game. i think with this massive blunder they might have destroyed the game.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I think the idea of Mods is good but they should have given Modest improvements in a stat and had fixed set bonuses for the characters class. For instance, tank class gets HP or protection. For those familiar with World of Warcraft, this would be similar to how you would gem a piece of armor. Nothing game breaking but enough to help improve the character depending on what you gave it.

This update is such an extreme and completely removes the structure of the game. Tanks are tanks and not meant to also be hard hitting DPS. DPS should not have as much or more survivability than a tank, definitely should not be able to 1-shot a tank. I would really encourage EA and CG to roll this one back and reevaluate how Mods are implemented.

I think a third of my clan quit last night and from what I'm seeing this is a common thread. I'm going to try and stick with it but I'm not spending anymore money until I see how things level out.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • ★★★★★★
    HanSlowMo wrote: »

This is what they want you to think, but it's simply not true. Meta teams will stay meta and the under used heroes will stay under used.

Needing to give potency to say tarkin so he's at a usable amount just wastes his slots while other "good heroes" don't need to fill them with potency, they can multiply their already great kit. Giving potency to a hero that already has low potency puts them at a bigger disadvantage as before. While he plays catch up, he will have the potency sure, but will miss out on the major hp gains, damage gains, ect that other high potency heroes can obtain.

Ugnaught dmg is too low? Give him +40% dmg...awesome! Wait, why don't I just give Rey +40% dmg? See?

Yeah, I know that. I'm not saying they will be able to get you to 1st, because of toons like Anaking, Sun Fac, Aayla, that are waaaay ahead of everyone else. But there are MODs that give you 800 atk and have a +7% potency in a stat. So why give Rey this MOD if she doesn't profit from potency? I know Rey can 1 hit ko most of the toons now, but I can have a more fun squad and keep my 20-50 position on Arena.

This game will never be trully balanced, but beeing able to use toons that were prior not usable at all is a huge step up. Is it flawless? No at all. But I'm more optimistic than I've ever been in this game.

Lol is this guy serious? Did you just say Tarkin and boba will be good now? Dude, they will always suck with their current stats, no matter what. The arena meta, will remain the same as it always was. Everyone using the same 15 toons.. Yeah, I'm sure they look great playing against some unmodded guys, just wait until your opponents Rey moves two times before boba and Tarkin get a turn, then she one hits both of them. Because that's a very possible outcome now with mods.

Maybe you're right. Maybe meta won't shift. Maybe Tarkin will still sucks against a Anakin (L) with other hard hitting huge hp toons. But the MODs give HUGE oportunities to your toons.
    Dodge meta will vanish, because now you can have +% accuracy. Give that to a hard hitting toon and you'll eat Dooku for breakfest.

A 5* MOD can doble or even triple your toon stats, so the stats you had prior to mods won't matter a lot.

An exemple: a mod that gives you 800 atk, when your base damage was 1500. It's a 50% improvement in just one mod. The same mod can give you +7% potency, 1,6k protection, 3% accuracy and a bit of def. With a combo it will give you +15% hp, or other stats.
    Give 6 of those to Tarking: hp 18k, 6,7k physical damage, if you give a bit of speed in a secondary stat, 120 speed (+28 from his leader), doble his potency and 20k or more protection. He won't die as quick and you can use empire toons to keep a good position on Arena (as i said, probably not 1-5, but even 10-20).

And bare in mind he is not the only toon in your squad! You will have a undiable RG, a Vader that can hit for a lot, a magmatrooper that can acctualy proc his TM reduction and a slot for any other toon (you can have Rey to kill the other squad's Rey). That's it. I may be crazy, but I'm really enjoying this!

And if I'm wrong, you can say "I told you so" and maybe they will finally balance toons and everything. But give it a try and some time, as will I.
  • ★★★★★
    Need to add mods to donation gear so we can give mods we don' want/need to other players. Then this would be a perfect addition.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Alot of people will surely quite now this has gotta be end game for sure! , should take back mods for another year and expand some other way
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    brett94 wrote: »
    Alot of people will surely quite now this has gotta be end game for sure! , should take back mods for another year and expand some other way

*quit
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    The idea is nice, but remove the level part. They are to game changing good now.