PSA: gear, stars ,and levels DO matter

Batman44gaming
1826 posts Member
edited July 2016
With mods they are a percentage of your current stats to your character, so your work on gear and the other stats were not in vain. I tested this with a mid level character, and he didn't get anywhere NEAR what my highest power toon got.

So please, STOP FREAKING OUT. The stats will stabilize in a few days, and everyone will have crazy stats, so, all in all, it balances out.
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    nah, FREAK the FREAK OUT ! doesnt matter if it turns out to be ballanced later on :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    nah, FREAK the FREAK OUT ! doesnt matter if it turns out to be ballanced later on :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVZh4WcdC3s
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Did you use the same exact mods on both characters? :neutral:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @Batman44gaming nice! haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Alexone wrote: »
    Did you use the same exact mods on both characters? :neutral:

Tier 1s
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • there's non percentage gain mods.
    you have to learn
  • They matter a lot less than they did before.
    For example: you have a ugnaught with 100 offense and you have a Rey with 200 offense.
    Now equip a +1000 offense mod and a +100% offense mod. See where that will end? Not all mods are %
  • there's non percentage gain mods.
    you have to learn

I know, but their bonuses are smaller than percentage mods
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Update: I have 2 max health sets on the low level toon and his gain still isn't as high
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    @Batman44gaming only some of the mods are based on percentages. There are plenty that just add an X amount of whatever.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Isn't there a straight up 12k+ protection mod?
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    A lvl50, gear 5, 3* "insert toon here" with full 5*/lvl15 mod set still cant do much against your lvl80/g10/7* unmodded "insert toon here"
  • Toukai wrote: »

Yes, so if you use the 12k protection mod and add the +92% protection mod. Bam +24k protection

I didn't know THAT :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Batman44gaming
    Well, now you do. And @Pindasauskanon , that is absolutely insane asylum.
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Are PSAs allowed on these forums? They are usually banned afaik because it's usually a condescending way of saying "hey everybody I'm right".

Yes there is. And also one that increases speed.
  • Roadburn12
    542 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    5* hp mod 1: +11k protection
    5* Hp Mod 2: +10k protection
    5* hp mod 3: +90 something % protection
    regardless of gear lvl with spots open to boost offence/speed/whatever you want

Gear doesn't matter nearly as much as it did 2 days ago

EDIT: % applies to base so I had the Rita wrong
    Post edited by Roadburn12 on

Yes, so if you use the 12k protection mod and add the +92% protection mod. Bam +24k protection

Doesn't work like that.

Percentage mods are from base protection only. The 92% could be much much more if used on someone with more than 12k base from gear.
  • G8 lvl 75 Lando with a 12k protection mod. He's not going to get it though... I'm going to take a break from Arena etc for some time, see how the situation develops, work on high rarity mods for a bit. Don't wanna waste precious credits if I can help it.

hxPKx3L.jpg
  • Is it better to farm the 5* health mods and hope to get good ones (+x% offense/speed, etc) or better to farm and equip the 2* actual speed/offense mods?
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Toukai wrote: »

Yep. 12k. Which is what? One extra hit or so to take out depending on toon and crit? lol
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    Is it better to farm the 5* health mods and hope to get good ones (+x% offense/speed, etc) or better to farm and equip the 2* actual speed/offense mods?

I'd say farm the 5 star ones. But what do I know? I'm waiting and watching myself...

Doesn't work like that.

Percentage mods are from base protection only. The 92% could be much much more if used on someone with more than 12k base from gear.

Yeah guess you're right. Seems like I got a lot of shuffling to do
  • RogueHS wrote: »
    Are PSAs allowed on these forums? They are usually banned afaik because it's usually a condescending way of saying "hey everybody I'm right".

I didn't mean to be condescending or anything. I just saw people saying "x doesn't matter" and wanted to show that they still do
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    ~40k protection regardless of gear lvl with spots open to boost offence/speed/whatever you want

And this is a good thing! I hope people recognize it soon.
  • I did some math and the % are applied before the fixed numbers, so a +12k protection with secondary stat of +49% protection in a set won't make 49% of this new 12k, only from base stats from char (including the gain from gear). So, I am also believing that the base stats will matter specially for the % gains from some mods and from the set bonuses, since they are not accounting for the added bonus from mods itself.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Roadburn12 wrote: »
    ~40k protection regardless of gear lvl with spots open to boost offence/speed/whatever you want

The 90% is based upon base protection, not the other mods.

Total protection in this scenario would be character base protection * 1.9 + 10k + 11k

This is why gear does matter. Gear increases base protection for the percentage mods.