Calm down and see the real reason for mods

Breetai
858 posts Member
Ok first I'll admit I hate it. And whales will be a mile jump out ahead of everyone but the real reason for mods is not a cash grab as everyone thinks. yes it does look that way, and to an extent it is

But the reason it is made like it is believe it or not is to slow us down.

I wished I had saved the link from Reddit but in post on it when raid gear came out, a mod said reason for raid rewards like they were was to slow us down as we were burning through the content faster than expected.

So now they bring mods, and make challenges to specific toons. This is so not only we have to grind mods but also toons to even go for the mods. Besides whales, they just bought themselves about 6 months before having to really worry about a huge patch and lvl increases.

People were just starting to get ahead in gear for the most part. Soon people would start yelling again for content just like has happened Everytime when we start getting close to this point.

Yes it was done badly. Yes whales are going to leap way out ahead. But for 90% of the players this has in fact slowed them down.

Whales will be yelling before to long for content as they will be bored while we are all still very much busy trying to get our mods. I already seen post popping up about raising lvl cap and need content here and there last couple weeks. Mods stops that atleast for now

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Whales already can be bored: they have mods everyone will get in months. They already even don't have to do raids: modes are much more beneficial than gear. I suppose, they will quit soon enough...
  • Slow us down? It now takes 3 people to finish a heroic raid how is that slowing is down?
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • bhtrumpcc07
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Problem is the game seems riskier to invest in. I've spent about $40 on the game, and I generally thought I knew what I was buying. I could get to the point where I was "done" with certain characters after getting them to 7 stars and a certain gear level. Now that's gone. I have to basically start over a new grind to mod characters I already "finished" grinding. And don't get me started on the lack of balance.

I can't imagine being someone who spent more than $500+ on this game only to realize they have to spend another $500 to basically equalize where they were before.

And what about 6 months from now? Will there be ANOTHER update that adds another sort of "mod" or "upgrade" for characters we already modded? And all because the devs thought we were going too fast? What keeps them from making us "start over" again and again and again? Instead of new content, you're paying for the stat increase of characters you already had nearly maxed relative to everyone else.

Are you really getting what you're paying for? Doesn't seem like it anymore.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I think the worst thing is that you can't tell how these characters have been modded. So you look in Arena and think "Oh, this should be fun". Then BAM! You lose your best DPS toon before you can act. One shot, one kill. Like I mentioned in another thread, this was supposed to allow us to TWEAK the characters.....not turn them into secret gods.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    I think the worst thing is that you can't tell how these characters have been modded. So you look in Arena and think "Oh, this should be fun". Then BAM! You lose your best DPS toon before you can act. One shot, one kill. Like I mentioned in another thread, this was supposed to allow us to TWEAK the characters.....not turn them into secret gods.

You can see, just click on their faces. But I think mods should affect power for an at a glance rating
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    Ok first I'll admit I hate it. And whales will be a mile jump out ahead of everyone but the real reason for mods is not a cash grab as everyone thinks. yes it does look that way, and to an extent it is

But the reason it is made like it is believe it or not is to slow us down.

I wished I had saved the link from Reddit but in post on it when raid gear came out, a mod said reason for raid rewards like they were was to slow us down as we were burning through the content faster than expected.

So now they bring mods, and make challenges to specific toons. This is so not only we have to grind mods but also toons to even go for the mods. Besides whales, they just bought themselves about 6 months before having to really worry about a huge patch and lvl increases.

People were just starting to get ahead in gear for the most part. Soon people would start yelling again for content just like has happened Everytime when we start getting close to this point.

Yes it was done badly. Yes whales are going to leap way out ahead. But for 90% of the players this has in fact slowed them down.

Whales will be yelling before to long for content as they will be bored while we are all still very much busy trying to get our mods. I already seen post popping up about raising lvl cap and need content here and there last couple weeks. Mods stops that atleast for now

Its a sacrafice for people trying to build there roster and an op step for people with maxed geared toons and now able to max mod toons, end game!
  • Morflex
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    what about equilibrium in 2 month everybody will have tons of mods 5*. then back to the start :dizzy:
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Maybe they did it to get rid of all of us telling them how lousy this game has become. Once we leave they fix everything for a new player and spending base sitting at the table. Ever wonder why it's so cold inside popular resturants?
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    I think mods are a great idea and I even love the system. The issue is that they are like 75% of a characters power now. I shouldn't be able to triple ehp and damage output. I shouldn't be able to have 100% crit on Gs and lando so that Gs always has half a Tm bar and lando always has his double damage aoe available. It's insane. If they just made them like 1/10 or even 1/5 as effective as they are, I would be rejoicing. Instead it's just overwhelmingly mind blowing.
  • OP you are spot on. To get the full range of mods, we need diverse, well-geared and high-starred squads of different characters (anyone got a decent Resistance and Jawa squad..?) further slowing us down.

I think most of the players who've been here a while have got used to being on the "cutting edge" of the game, and consuming the new content very quickly. Now, we all have to slow down. Sure, the whales and big spenders will be up to speed very quickly, but the rest of us are going to have to cool our heels a while and wait.

I also agree that they are TOO powerful right now, turning glass cannons into unkillable tanks and creating a massive chasm between the "haves" and "have-nots".