Mods - What are your first impressions?

soneill73
202 posts Member
edited July 2016
I know most people are going to hate on mods since it's new and we are all wondering where the past 8 or 9 months of our lives went but might as well have some fun anyway.

Mods - What are your first impressions? 64 votes

Wouldn't change a thing? Loving my ridiculous Rey!
3%
SeryaV1p3rdyn4sty 2 votes
Like it for the most part, but not loving the cantina energy drain.
10%
Syth_HunterHotsdontfallclarkdieselWinterbiohhoooLarfleezejtruts 7 votes
Verdict is still out, giving it time to see what I think.
14%
TheRenegadeJaden_ZenPerongelukAzraelrulezsoneill73Darth_NihilusDrykernTheDarkTaterboellefisk 9 votes
Broke the game, I want my money back! But I'm a slave and will keep playing.
25%
XyoSekuMofojokers1992GwonkNightloresBBSoonerSusbirderGravytrain0815WintersNguerraOltrolAlanisJHGRAHAMStingrayDurrunRealHanSolo 16 votes
The expletives are flying amok, get me outta here. Deleting the app. Hasta la vista, baby!
35%
TaniwhaJabberwockyOrbaIrrlichtBurrito_Mankevin82262sugarmonsterBluestarDarthplagueisDaptoDogSeaWhyJohnnyDieselNo1jedikilla84camui78moemoneySo7hothCalvinTheHermitNightwolveWhisPushinGravity 23 votes
Forget expletives, this is a holy war! Operation get the originals on bluray!
10%
TMGaming227PotatoManSikhoItsJarJarBinkzDarthCyrenVinniarthDro1dm0de 7 votes

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Biggest thing is the overpowering needs to be fixed.. once thats done could be interesting

Although not sure how they can do that considering the amount of crystals/credits/cash burnt by so many people already
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Biggest thing is the overpowering needs to be fixed.. once thats done could be interesting

Although not sure how they can do that considering the amount of crystals/credits/cash burnt by so many people already

You are absolutely right on this one. They are alienating such a huge player base but in fixing this they will definitely convert more whales/sharks into dolphins or even F2P. You can't flaw people for spending money, but it's also a shame on them for not letting the dust to settle on a new feature. Just my opinion though, people can spend their money on whatever they want.
  • Options
    This definitely tilts the game (greatly) away from the F2P and casual players. And the whole thing has gotten so complicated that I just don't want to spend the time to figure it all out.
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The expletives are flying amok, get me outta here. Deleting the app. Hasta la vista, baby!
    I left this game, i had 63 7* Chars, many of them with 10+ gear. EA wants to make cash. That's the only thing they want to do.....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nightwolve wrote: »
    I left this game, i had 63 7* Chars, many of them with 10+ gear. EA wants to make cash. That's the only thing they want to do.....

Sorry to see you go - you are on my shard, always near the top. You are a great and dedicated player. Sadly, I will likely soon follow. This update completely unbalanced everything.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Opens so many new options in the game!

It's just like a level increase, it will take time to get mods for all your characters. P2P will have a big advantage at the start but F2P will be able to catch up.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I'm giving EA a week to clean up this mess.
  • Nguerra
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Mods are super OP, cant even believe they test this, max set bonus should be (5% for the 2 pieces) (10% for the 4 pieces) and individual pieces should have a single fixed stat topping at 5-10% increase, maybe a little more for def., potency and tenacity, anything above that will unbalance the game, making raid gear, character lvl, star ratting redundant.
  • Options
    I'm waiting till the auto update and a few more days to see how it ends up. I'd really like to see how the super credit crunch is adjusted.
  • Options
    2wats
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Like it for the most part, but not loving the cantina energy drain.
    Susbirder wrote: »
    This definitely tilts the game (greatly) away from the F2P and casual players. And the whole thing has gotten so complicated that I just don't want to spend the time to figure it all out.
    It only changes balance for a few days. That's all it takes to mod an arena team. I'm already beating whales to my first ever top ten arena finish because of mods evening out the power imbalances created by gear. Give it a few days, get good mods on your guys, and you'll be more competitive than ever.

As for it being complicated, it is a lot of information. No doubt about that, but it's not actually difficult to understand if you want to understand it. Just play around with the combinations in game. Hope things work out for you.
  • Options
    I bought a vault a few days ago. If they fix this before I run out of crystals I'll buy another. If not, I'll deal with my emotional attachment to this game and the time and money I've put into it and move on.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Its an opportunity.. bad implementation as been stated before.. biggest problem i see is credits.. was a problem before trying to lvl and promote chars but now you have to try and use it for mods as well