What is going to happen if I just ignore Mods...

Basically, I was still farming at least 1 toon using Cantina node so I want to finish that. Plus, I don't wish to screw up my GW. So far, I win everyday.

I'm F2P, between 100-200 in Arena, great in Raid level 5 (looking for Tier 6 Group). Have a good deep roster.

I want to eventually get to the Mod Challenge because I like playing with different teams just to change up the battles. At this time, I don't have any interest in Mods. Just seems way too complicated to deal with; have no idea what the correct strategy would be.

So what is the worst that can happen if I ignore them for a month (might play a battle a day just to make some progress)?

Replies

• Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Sorry, but ... annihilation. Mods are now the most important aspect of building your toons.
  • Honestly? You'll get annihilated. I just beat the only team to utterly annoy me on my shard in 47 seconds. I had screwed up too and had Rex not even in the fight vs the Ben lead.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Honestly? You'll get annihilated. I just beat the only team to utterly annoy me on my shard in 47 seconds. I had screwed up too and had Rex not even in the fight vs the Ben lead.

Snap. :wink:
  • You will never be able to finish GW again and your arena rank is going to drop into oblivion. Further you will always rank at the bottom of the raid. That is what is going to happen if you dont get mods ASAP.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    You will drop to the bottom of active players in arena and raids, as well as probably be unable to finish more than a few nodes of GW.

Just pretend your cantina farm is like a hard node. Put in your three attempts for the daily activity and switch to mods. Finish the first stage of mod battles (health mods), then complete the all three tiers of health mod challenges. Use all of the rest of your cantina energy for the foreseeable future farming tier 3 of the health mod challenge until your arena, GW, and raid teams are equipped with full sets of Mk V level 15 health mods. From there you can consider going back to cantina node farming or advancing further in the mod battles.
  • Your arena team will plummet.

You probably won't get past node 6 in GW (as it stands today) and will only complete it with a lucky draw. In a couple days it will be impossible for you.

Mods are that much of a game changer. My Rey now has the health and protection of a pre patch maxed Sun Fac. Not to mention her enhanced damage and speed.
  • Yeah. You won't be able to complete galactic war, ha, you won't be able to win the first 3 nodes. You will fall very far behind in raids. You'll lose every arena battle. And your life will become miserable. You will become depressed more often. You will lose your job. Your girlfriend will leave you, for your best friend Bob, who has mods. And then at the very end, when you're single and alone with 9 cats, you'll realize you should've just used mods
  • WaltonBuzz wrote: »
    Basically, I was still farming at least 1 toon using Cantina node so I want to finish that. Plus, I don't wish to screw up my GW. So far, I win everyday.

I'm F2P, between 100-200 in Arena, great in Raid level 5 (looking for Tier 6 Group). Have a good deep roster.

I want to eventually get to the Mod Challenge because I like playing with different teams just to change up the battles. At this time, I don't have any interest in Mods. Just seems way too complicated to deal with; have no idea what the correct strategy would be.

So what is the worst that can happen if I ignore them for a month (might play a battle a day just to make some progress)?

Depends really. Why do you play? If it because you simply enjoy the game mechanics, and the aspect of collecting and trying varied characters from the Star Wars Universe, not much will change. As the month goes by, the other FTP players will either bail, or start modding, which may in fact keep you close to where you are now in arena. Or I could be wrong, and it could, as everyone ahead of me stated, send you plummeting down around the 1000's in arena.

If you don't play for the grind, and for the glory of hitting top whatever in arena, and the thought that potentially you may not get to see inside the top 100 in arena doesn't bother you, then by all means ignore mods.

- R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Not sure about "annihilated." I have no mods on my arena team. I beat a fairly well modded Dooku team earlier without much trouble. *shrugs* I imagine with the higher levels (I fought #47, though still all level 80, 7*, g9+) it is more difficult. Even this team took almost 3.5 minutes for me to beat, but I didn't lose anyone but STH.
  • Yeah, I don't care about top 100 Arena. It doesn't make sense that it would effect my GW. If my teams aren't adding power, then technically that shouldn't change my GW opponents (I will give feedback in a couple of days) Do Mods increase your power?

Don't see why it should change my ability to do the same damage I currently do in raids. I guess some of my guild members I currently beat could beat me. I wonder if some guild might end up being modless guilds?

BTW, I do appreciate the feedback. I do have a friend named Bob so I'm very scared right now. ;-)

I'm not going to spend money but will monitor the mod situation to see if I should just give up on farming for now.

• Mods do not increase power OP, also, if you choose not to use mods be very wary of that Bob guy. Do not leave him alone with your girlfriend.
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    You may be able to get by for the next couple days without having to face modded teams (though your rank will inevitably fall). But if things are left unchanged, in two weeks time every aspect of the game will be unplayable for you.
  • Yeah. You won't be able to complete galactic war, ha, you won't be able to win the first 3 nodes. You will fall very far behind in raids. You'll lose every arena battle. And your life will become miserable. You will become depressed more often. You will lose your job. Your girlfriend will leave you, for your best friend Bob, who has mods. And then at the very end, when you're single and alone with 9 cats, you'll realize you should've just used mods

That sounds like a country song
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Mods do not increase power OP, also, if you choose not to use mods be very wary of that Bob guy. Do not leave him alone with your girlfriend.

That darn Bob....
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    Yeah. You won't be able to complete galactic war, ha, you won't be able to win the first 3 nodes. You will fall very far behind in raids. You'll lose every arena battle. And your life will become miserable. You will become depressed more often. You will lose your job. Your girlfriend will leave you, for your best friend Bob, who has mods. And then at the very end, when you're single and alone with 9 cats, you'll realize you should've just used mods

Amen, brother. Sing those Blues ...

• Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I ignored mods yesterday and this morning. Today was the first day I didn't complete GW in over 4 months. A team with Rey at level 15 mods wiped me out. Literally. All 20 of my 7*/level 80/ gear 8-11 toons dead. Not one of their toons died. In arena, I lost in 35 seconds to a team I used to beat routinely in less than 2 minutes.

So yeah, GW and Arena will be useless to you. What can you do in this game without credits and crystals?
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Not sure about "annihilated." I have no mods on my arena team. I beat a fairly well modded Dooku team earlier without much trouble. *shrugs* I imagine with the higher levels (I fought #47, though still all level 80, 7*, g9+) it is more difficult. Even this team took almost 3.5 minutes for me to beat, but I didn't lose anyone but STH.

I can almost guarantee if you run up against a team with all tier 5 fully leveled mods you'll be smashed. Teams get unbelievably strong. The power ratings don't come close to matching what they're capable of anymore.

This is only the first day. Mostly whales and dolphins have their arena teams at top mod levels. Give it a week or two and anyone who doesn't have theirs there will be screwed.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @WaltonBuzz
    Everyone is saying you will lose, but let me provide you the reason:

Rey without mods: around 25k hp+prot at maximum. Basics (unbuffed) for 3-5k.
    Rey with mods: 60k+ hp+prot, Basics have been seen as high as 10-15k.

In essense: your toons will be one/two shot while it will take you about 10-15 hits on the enemy to kill them. And thats just a DPS. That's not someone like, say, 5's who has over 100k hp+prot who counter-attacks for 10k twice, then basic attacks for 10k twice. And not counting crits.

*Edit* This is also why people say gear is useless. You gain 3x the benefit from mods than you do from gear. A level 51, 1* with mods and green gear is almost equivalent to a 7* g8-9 lvl 80.

I think someone posted a mod that has a straight +12k protection to a character. If that's true, you literally gain more protection from a single mod than a lvl 80 7* g9 ST Han has.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    What Toukai forgot to mention is that his Rey's power rating probably only increased by a total of a couple hundred between modded and unmodded. So even if you don't increase your arena or GW squads power, you could very easily run into a supercharged modded out ultra death squad in GW. And, in fact, most likely will by node 6 at the latest.
  • Game over
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Daezl wrote: »
    What Toukai forgot to mention is that his Rey's power rating probably only increased by a total of a couple hundred between modded and unmodded. So even if you don't increase your arena or GW squads power, you could very easily run into a supercharged modded out ultra death squad in GW. And, in fact, most likely will by node 6 at the latest.

@Daezl
    Thanks. I did forget that.

So yes, if you have a power of around 35,000 and no mods, you can EASILY face a 35,000 power team that is literally triple your actual power due to mods.

If you fail to mod, you will not compete. Period.
  • Toukai wrote: »

I think someone posted a mod that has a straight +12k protection to a character. If that's true, you literally gain more protection from a single mod than a lvl 80 7* g9 ST Han has.

Oh it's more than true. My 12k protection mod also has 12% protection in secondary stats. With the right rng there going to be some amazing built teams. Just one mod needed to make GS or lando always crit for example.

• Daezl
    177 posts Member
    I was going to wait a week or two so I could figure out the best mod strategy before diving into them, but they are so cheap, easy to farm, and overpowered that they are simply not optional. It's 100% mod or die in arena, GW, and raids.
  • Seems like the simple fix would be to have Mods increase your power. 1) It is basic common sense, you team is more powerful. 2) It gives others an indication of how overall powerful an opponent is.

You still have to figure out how they specifically modified their toons and team but it should give you a general sense.

I've never had a problem in GW and people complain about it all the time. I hope there is a little of that going on. If the issue is as bad as you guys say, then this is basically like starting a new game.

Will be curious if it is still fun.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    WaltonBuzz wrote: »
    Seems like the simple fix would be to have Mods increase your power. 1) It is basic common sense, you team is more powerful. 2) It gives others an indication of how overall powerful an opponent is.

You still have to figure out how they specifically modified their toons and team but it should give you a general sense.

I've never had a problem in GW and people complain about it all the time. I hope there is a little of that going on. If the issue is as bad as you guys say, then this is basically like starting a new game.

Will be curious if it is still fun.

@WaltonBuzz
    I was one of those people who never really complained about GW, even post GW update.

I, for the first time in a long time, was brick-walled at node 12. Anakin, Aayla, 5s, RG, Sun Fac with mods each had 100k hp/prot and hit for 10k minimum. I sent three full g9 pvp teams it them and only killed two of them. The rest of my toons are garbage, no point in even attempting.

Unless I get some lucky RNG, my GW completion days are over.