Barriss isn't that bad

So has anyone noticed when she is affected by Sid's anti-heal she still levels out her health to the average. I guess this isn't considered a "healing" effect... Aside from her horrible attack strength, she's not that bad of a support character for f2p players. (If you know how to use her)

Replies

• How has everyone f2p got bariss? The only shards I see are high level missions with low proc rates
  • Chronick wrote: »
    So has anyone noticed when she is affected by Sid's anti-heal she still levels out her health to the average. I guess this isn't considered a "healing" effect... Aside from her horrible attack strength, she's not that bad of a support character for f2p players. (If you know how to use her)

I really like Barriss because if one of of members is being focused down, but the others are at full, there aren't any single healer abilities in the game you can use on allies.

It makes me much less inclined to use a JC/Lumi heal since it's essentially wasted on my full hp team aside from the one person.

Barriss changes that with the equalization of health bars.
  • She still has her uses. As you said, she can 'heal' through healing immunities with her health equalization. However, I feel the nerf was too much. She does almost no damage, and the low chance for her healing proc doesn't really do much. Having a free heal once (maybe twice) a game wasn't game breaking. You gave up a DPS for basically a passive heal. Lumi can do great damage and also healing. Barriss can heal through immunities once every 5 turns, and then she's dead weight. She is still good in GW because of her heal proc and leader ability though.
  • I'm using her on GW and Arena, as leader, no complain for me. I'm fairly new to this game so I don't know how good she was before, (or how good was the pack were she was sold before). But I see a lot of use for her as it is. Maybe I'll pass from her in the future, if I find it hard to farm for more shards for her. But right now, she's very useful for me, since I got her and Sid, and some others, I have finished GW every day (4 days in a row), before it was 0 completes for me, at most got to 9th fight or so.

True, that I was fairly new to GW and fairly new to the game overall (playing since Dec 28th), so I may have had a hard time grinding for gears and shards and mats for my team, and for creating a good team, as well as learning some good strategies. But the timing seems right too. :)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Forizen wrote: »
    Chronick wrote: »

I really like Barriss because if one of of members is being focused down, but the others are at full, there aren't any single healer abilities in the game you can use on allies.

It makes me much less inclined to use a JC/Lumi heal since it's essentially wasted on my full hp team aside from the one person.

Barriss changes that with the equalization of health bars.

The challenge tou have is tou are using one spot in case one char gets focused down. But tou arenusing a char slot to keep another char alive a little longer, as Barris usefulness ends when she heals once, with the wet spaghetis she lands on the enemies.

• Drefen wrote: »
    How has everyone f2p got bariss? The only shards I see are high level missions with low proc rates
    I pulled her from bronzium cards my second day in the game. What a blessing. I use her in almost any team, and she's great. Her healing can be really great, or really meh. But hey, healing is healing.
  • She's a very common drop from bronzium
  • I love seeing bariss teams especially in arena and heres why, right now at max lvl and gear you can burst down most toons in 2-3 shots and with bariss not being one of the faster toons, i pretty much take out the primary dps. Then the next turn i either ability block her or stun, so once her heal comes around its usually used on mop up toons.
    Simply leave her in GW, in arena unless u have a pretty stacked P2p team.
  • bleeaauuh wrote: »
    She's a very common drop from bronzium

I wouldn't say common. ☺
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I tried to buy the bariss pack when I first started but there was some kind of error, when I clicked the button it didn't do anything...ended up drawing her in bronzium right afterwards. Still haven't spent a dime :)
    Post edited by Baal on
  • Drefen wrote: »
    How has everyone f2p got bariss? The only shards I see are high level missions with low proc rates

I just got her from a bronze pack today.
  • She's the greatest blessing to a GW run when she's on the opposing team, allows me to heal everyone up and reset cool downs.

I only use her in GW to counter Sidious heals, she's not good for arena in the current meta.
  • She's tankier than any other tank in the game. Give her a two turn taunt and we are talking!

I use her for the health buff and healing through debuffs (everyone has sid/kylo combos now it seems). I'll probably swap her out before too long though as her farming levels are a pita.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    She's the greatest blessing to a GW run when she's on the opposing team, allows me to heal everyone up and reset cool downs.

I only use her in GW to counter Sidious heals, she's not good for arena in the current meta.

Agreed! Like a Gas Station of sorts. Please keep using her in GW I beg you all.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Chronick wrote: »

She's just ok in GW. I don't understand the logic of using her anywhere else.
    - Her actual heal sucks.
    - Her equalization is only effective in a niche environment. Was your whole team just AOE'd to 40% health? Prepare to fire off her heal so your team can be at 45% health....
    - The heal cool-down guarantees you only get to use it once per match.
    - Her damage virtually doesn't exist
    - Her unique ability only benefits lolJedi
    - Her leadership ability makes her ok in GW to help combat attrition.
    - The heal on her basic attack has a low proc rate and heals for about 1/8 of your average attack.
  • What @Talaan says. Use her for GW and sometimes to snipe an Arena Squad place if you need the extra survivability (vs Leia, FotP and basically every high nuke team).
    If one drops low enough and rest is at 100% the equalization is really nice. Combo this with lumi heal afterwards and you sometimes survive a nuke and win a match.
    Otherwise she is pretty useless on e.g. defense.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I found her useful in GW as a leader until I unlicked and trained Luminara, who has a passive healing and much much better healing skill. Now Lumi as leader and JC as second healer is better in most cases. Barris is still good against some focus fire teams (with Geo-soldier and 86, etc) because she has a ton of HP and don't die, and because equalising shines there.

I think the best healer should be Barris. She offers nothing but healing. Luminara offers ability block, hits hard, and yet she is still better st healing. I would buff Barris healing to the point where she heals more than Lumi. Then it's a choice between best healing, or decente healing with good damage
  • Barris is very useful in GW, especially if she is on the opposing team. Cooldowns love her ...